Scary Web Sites

I’m trying to find two things… One: A site with really scary stories. Not necessarily fiction, peoples “real” accounts of hauntings or things such as that. Anyone have any good sites they visit for that? Two: Anyone have any good “scare” sites like this one: http://www.funnyjunk.com/pages/cyber_ghost.htm ?

with Halloween coming up, it’s good to have some nice sites to go to. :wink:

I like www.ghoststudy.com .

They update their picture gallery every month and they have lots of links to other sites. Fun stuff to look at when work gets slow!

oh wait …

http://www.nightmarefactory.com/corners.html

I think this has been posted here before, but check this out and prepare to never sleep again:
www.shayesaintjohn.com/

Work safe, but very much not soul safe.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHH!
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

It’s not work safe if it makes noise, for some people. Please warn.

Try this for ghost stories and strange folktales. You can read the text or have it read to you but the streaming doesn’t work too well for me. I usually end up just reading it.

www.coasttocoastam.com should have some good links. Also google up any sites with “electronic vocal (or voice) phenomena”.

Pssst, Mods, if this actually belongs in Cafe Society because it’s sorta about entertainment, could you please move it for me? Sorry if I guessed incorrectly about which forum to post in – this already-existing thread just seemed to fit the bill perfectly.

I’m bumping this 'cause I’m writing an article for an online mag about scary websites to visit in honor of Halloween, and I can use some leads. (Hope you don’t mind the hijack, remisser. It’s not really a hijack, more of a slight detour!)

So can anyone else offer some sites that have creeped you out? I’m not talking about real-life shocks (beheadings and other examples of all-too-real violence are right out) or gross-out stuff – yes, Mr. Goatse, I’m looking in your direction! Oh wait, I’d better not…

I’m thinking of sites such as the original version of the Blair Witch Project (promoting the film premiere), Metacortechs and similar Alternate Reality Games (ARGs), or even gimmicky hoaxes similar to the fairly famous one with the short animation of a dull garden in which a ghost or witch suddenly manifests herself and runs up at the camera … I don’t have a link, but c’mon, you probably know the one I mean.

IOW, the article will focus on websites that are entertainingly scary, creepy, freaky, mysterious, or just plain ooky. Fiction sites are fine, so if you know of stories, animation, online drama series or comics that fit the bill, please do pass 'em along!

Many thanks in advance for scaring the crap outta me! :cool:

Important Note: I’ll just use your link(s) for reference, although it would be very useful if you could describe the site to some degree. I won’t quote you within the article unless you give me express permission to do so. If you do, I’ll also need to get the Reader’s approval to reprint the material. OTOH, if you like you can email me directly with your comments (my email is in my profile). Thanks again!

Flash animation, kinda noisy…

Mario Q

seven days

Fat-Pie.com has some very creepy Flash cartoons. The one to check out is the four-part series, “Salad Fingers”. Very very creepy. Although “Milkman” has it’s moments.

You can find the Flash cartoons here.

I found this story rather creepy. I’m sure it’s just fiction, but it’s nicely spooky, with good building tension:

Ted’s Creepy Cave Story

This is kind of creepy.

Obiwan’s UFO-Free Paranormal Page has a whole bunch of true ghost stories and other information about paranormal crap.

The Evil Kids story is especially creepy.

Wow, thanks for the suggestions so far, everyone! I’m off to check out the sites, and I’ll let you know what I think. Anyone else have recommendations? The more, the scarier. (sorry.)