Screw it, I'll go alone!!!

For the past year and more, I have not gone to see movies in the theatre. Why? I hate going alone, and don’t have anyone to go with.

The Exorcist is being re-released tonight. I don’t have anyone to see it with.

But I can’t resist. I mean…it’s THE EXORCIST

Just thought I’d share.

I’d go but iI don’t think I live near ya’, much less even in the same state. I would rally up a few of my “dawgs” and some “hoes” head on over. Sorry.

What the hell! I can wait until tomorrow night. Wanna spend a weekend at the beach? :wink:

I learned how to go to movies alone when every Christmas I would be alone. My son would be with his dad, my SO would travel to DC to be with his family (I wouldn’t go, since my son was only with his dad for 24 hours and too young to stay home alone). So, on Christmas day, I’d take myself to dinner and a show (but always respected myself afterward).

learned to look forward to it, too, since both son and SO would end up talking me into things like : * Howard the Duck, Judge Dread, * or * Stormship Troopers * :rolleyes:

After I split with my ex, I used to go to movies by myself all the time. I actually sort of miss it - I’d see all the movies I wanted to see, when I wanted to see them. Nowadays, with SO in tow, I seem to miss about half the ones I’d like to see.

BTW, we went to see The Exorcist last night. Not nearly as scary as I expected it to be, but very very good. I’d go see it, if I were you.

Hell, I’ve seen it so many times I couldn’t find it scary if I were having a bad trip! That’s not what I’m in it for. It’s one of my all-time favourite movies.

In fact, many years ago, I was living in an apartment with a good friend and a poltergeist. We would watch The Exorcist almost every night.

One night, I was sitting on the couch reading a book; the TV was off, the VCR was off with the videotape sticking out of it. The TV suddenly turned on, the VCR did the same, and the movie slid in.

If THAT didn’t scare me, THX sound won’t do shit.