Screw Punxsutawney Phil. Let's go with this guy.

At least in central Arkansas.

1. He’s cuter.
  2. It got up to 75 F in the house Sunday. OPening the windows to 65 F outside wouldn’t do it; we turned on the AC.

The Staten Island Hedgehog BIT THE MAYOR. That’s a New York freakin’ hedgehog!

And Wiarton Willie has a condo. I’ve seen it. It’s behind the library, in the park overlooking the bay.

To be fair, the mayor deserved it.

I was going to post that Mr. Prickles warned about distrustful rodents, but you are quite correct. :slight_smile:

The local radio station, since we don’t have a hedgehog here, went to a trailer park and knocked on a random door. The girl who answered (and they said she wasn’t pretty, don’t get your hopes up) answered in her underwear, so they predicted an early spring.

This just annoys me. There is no weather prognostication from a ground hog that is pulled from a little box and held up. To get an accurate forecast you have to find a wild ground hog and hang out by his/her den until they decide to come out. Even then, the forecast is only local.

I think the rule is that if the ground hog sees its shadow there will be six more weeks of winter. If he doesn’t see his shadow there will only be a month-and-a-half more of winter.

Hey! My grandmother grew up in Wiarton.

I’m pretty sure they didn’t have an prognosicating at all back in the day.

African Pigmy Hedgehog Day! And when is his movie coming out?

I always heard 6 more weeks if he sees it, 42 more days if he doesn’t.

So did the guy playing that stupid horn.

Imagine being a creature that is kept in captivity its whole life only to be dragged out once a year in order to amuse humans for some pointless ceremony. It’s humiliating. It’d do the same thing.

Sounds like Dick Clark to me.

He’ll be here all night, folks.

Yankee groundhogs don’t know squat about Southern weather. :smiley:

Well, now you’ve exposed my real life identity. Thanks a lot. :frowning:

Woosh?

But apparently they have sound judgment on who to bite.

I wouldn’t go screwing the groundhog. You don’t know where he’s been.

Politicians are fair game, no matter where you are. :stuck_out_tongue:

that’s why general lee predicts the southern states.

i rather thought that chuck in staten island was a groundhog. did i miss something?