Scrubs Likely to Return Next Season!

According to E!'s Kristin:

READ THE FULL ARTICLE

Hip, Hip, HOORAY! I don’t care what channel it is on, I’ll watch it! Good for Scrubs! Good for NBC or ABC! Good for television. GOD BLESS AMERICA!

USA-USA-USA!

[sub]Sorry. I got a little excited.[/sub]

Yay!

Of course we won’t see that series for ages, but still!

Please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please let this be accurate!

My wife and I love Scrubs!

Kristin is pretty solid. Especially given that her source is Bill Lawrence.

That’s good news. It’s been pretty solid this year.

I hope they start shooting it in High Def.

Why wouldn’t NBC pick up Scrubs? It’s one of the best shows on the tv. Is/was it in the same situation as Arrested Development? I thought it had pretty strong ratings.

All lot of my favorite shows seem to get cancelled. Scrubs has avoided that for some years now. It would make me very happy if this were true.

Does anyone know how much Zach Braff gets paid for this show? I’m sure he wants more and more.

It has better ratings this year than any year it wasn’t on Thursday.

They aren’t great ratings, but they are borderline good.

The question for NBC would be whether they can get Zach Braff at a reasonable price to make the show cost effective (especially since ABC owns a piece of the show. Networks are more likely to renew shows that give them all the pie).

Most sitcom stars sign a five year option contract at the beginning of the show, so that is why Braff is up for renewal (this is the fifth season). Given that he was an unknown at the start of the show, I imagine he doesn’t make that much. Probably less than 100K an episode (unless he renegotiated).

I am unsure why everyone else is under contract.

I’m both happy to hear this and puzzled…

Happy because it is one of the shows I watch each week.

Puzzled 'cause I had no idea that there was any doubt.

It was very much a bubble show. It didn’t find a time slot on the Fall Schedule (which had nothing to do with Zach Braff’s availabilty as earlier rumored) and since it’s return, it has never finished higher than 3rd in its timeslot. I have seen it beaten by reruns of “According to Jim.”

It was also showing two new episodes at a time for a while. That is usually considered “burning off” which means the network has already paid for the episode, so they show them as fast as they can so that they can put “World’s Funniest Groin Injuries” in its timeslot.

However, it does look good for Scrubs. NBC will probably pick it up if it thinks ABC is going to take it. Pettiness is industry standard.

But if not, ABC is sure to pick it up. Scrubs is one of the President of ABC’s pet shows. Ego is also industry standard.