SDMB Fantasy Football DYNASTY League: Year 12

Yeah, I’m not exactly as enthusiastic about winning as usual this week (the #1 pick is potentially in play) but I’m setting my best roster every week. I’m a little annoyed that my bears finally decided to light it up at this point. We might end up being the #1 and #2 scorers this week.

Ugh, Mostert appears to be hurt.

Looking like I’ll back into the playoffs. Can’t say I’m thrilled since I’ll be a deep, deep underdog.

You’re welcome.

RNATB was a big dog to Petey (like 23% to win on yahoo) before Diggs decided to catch like 8 passes in a row in this game now, now the game is closer to 50/50. It’s looking like if RNATB wins, he picks #2, and if he loses, I do.

Looking back what non-rostered player had the biggest impact (good or bad) on your season.

For me it was Dak Prescott going down that turned my season on its ass. CeeDee Lamb was having himself a good rookie season, but once they were playing no-name QBs, Zeke and him just took a nose-dive.

Was it a glitch that allowed me to drop benched player Steve Sims JR while he should have frozen? Can’t remember if I dropped him during the Skins game or after, but I was planning on setting up a waiver claim for someone else and just getting it done in advance

For the 2nd year in a row, it’s probably Andrew Luck. Dude destroyed my team when he retired so young.

If Chubb scores a mere 40 or so points, I can beat Dale. Easy.

If Kareem Hunt + 10 points can beat Lamar Jackson, RNATB will beat Petey. Pretty close one, actually. Depends on who gets the Browns rushing TDs.

Omni needs 15 from Mark Andrews to beat my team, but it looks like with the other results he should have a playoff spot regardless.

He’s off the right start.

I need Lamar Jackson shitting himself to give me the #1 overall pick please. 4 more Kareem points.

Playoff semi-finals:

1. HungryHungryHaruspex vs
4. JB's Gusterrhoids

2. Warner's Brothers vs
3. Ides of Martz

Consolation bracket semifinals

5. Moridwon (Hamlet) vs
8. Overly Sentimental

6. The Great Old Ones vs
7. Isotopes

First 4 draft picks next year:
1. Nine Inch Neils
2. Exploding Pancakes
3. No Use For A Name
4. New York Fanboys

Remind me if we have a rule or tradition against this, but non-playoff teams are welcome to make roster moves through the playoffs, right? Obviously in most leagues they are not, because their teams are done and there’s no reason, but in the dynasty league we’re always trying to pick up players for the future.

I don’t recall a specific rule against it.

Well that was the rumor at least.

No rule that I remember, and in Dynasty it needs to be all or none.

Am I the last team to finally make the playoffs? I think everyone else has been in.

Gotta say, it feels good. And I still have two first round draft picks for next season.

Oh wow, is this your first time? Congrats.

What a bizarre season. I finished last for the first time, though I did more or less share last place with Ellis back in 2012. My team was super up-and-down with two 140+ weeks in the first half of the season but a 3-4 record. Pretty much shit the bed from then on until this week, when I so nearly got out of last place. Still, I can definitely use the #1 pick and Justin Herbert is a perfect foundational piece to rebuild around.

So long as the Dolphins don’t do something stupid like drafting an RB early to replace Myles Gaskin, I should be pretty much set for RBs. Justin’s first-round pick won’t be as valuable as I hoped, but it will be the first time I have two first-rounders and I don’t need Trevor Lawrence.