SDMB Fantasy Football DYNASTY League: Year 12

Cmon, we all know who he’s taking.

My night is winding down, so be aware the 4th pick won’t happen until early morning.

I’ve got a lot of guys that are kinda all equally ranked with no preseason to make me overthink things. I am looking at a couple of trades for my 1st round picks, but I should be a fairly quick drafter.

I gather I’m on the clock? Sorry for the delay folks…had a rough one last night for my IRL draft. Pick is incoming.

1.01 - Clyde Edwards-Helaire

@Overly_Sentimental is on the clock.

That pick goes to @dalej42 as part of the Gurley trade from last year

Here’s the simplified list (just for the first round so far) in the format we’ve gravitated toward the past few years for in-draft recaps:

1.01 Omni - Clyde Edwards-Helaire, RB, KC
1.02 dale -
1.03 Beef -
1.04 Ellis -
1.05 Jules -
1.06 Gaffer -
1.07 Retro -
1.08 dale -
1.09 Petey -
1.10 dale -
1.11 RNATB -
1.12 Hamlet -

dale remains on the clock, but he went on the clock at midnight and it’s only 6am now so I wouldn’t have expected a pick by now anyway.

Oh sons.

I was struggling to cut Josh Gordon. It was a serious psychological barrier for me. I have been his #1 fan for like 8 years now. I almost couldn’t do it. It took me like a half hour to work up the motivation. But obviously I needed more draft picks.

I almost cut Ryquell Armstead, figuring he was just a handcuff lottery pick. But I knew the Jags really didn’t want Fournette, that they’d definitely be rid of him last year, and they’d have to see what they had in Armstrong before drafting a new RB next year, so I kept him. Over Josh Gordon. And the very next day… Fournette was cut and Armstead is the starter in Jacksonville.

So I guess when the universe closes a Gordon they open an Armstead. Get hype.

@SenorBeef any chance of getting the keepers uploaded over the next few days?

I can probably get them done tonight or tomorrow morning. Sorry for the delay. Crazy busy for reasons that are mostly my fault for procrastinating.

Just a reminder to make sure you check your PMs before you pick, they don’t pop up like the old SDMB, you have to look at your notifications in the corner.

I threw @dalej42 a trade offer, just wanted to remind you to look before you pick.

Reading back, I’m going to assume dale is offering and fielding various trade proposals with his three (!) first round picks, so I’m not stressing about the delay. Could be a blockbuster trade in the making.

I will say that my day is winding down, so if my 1.04 pick gets on the clock tonight I won’t be able to pick until morning.

Hi! I’m looking at the trade offers and today has been ridiculous with a routine lease renewal turning into a massive shit show on the busiest move in and move out day of the year

There’s no huge rush on Dale’s pick right now since Ellis won’t be back until the morning anyway, but we’re going to have to move faster than this going forward. We’re at 28 hours with 1 pick in. We’ve never really enforced timing requirements before, and I don’t want to now, but we’ll have to start thinking about it if the pace doesn’t pick up a lot. So please pay attention, if you have trades you’re interested in, start talking them out before it gets to your pick, and just generally be attentive and prepared.

Trade to announce:

Warner’s brothers gives up:
2021 last pick

Hungry hungry haruspex gives up:
WR Brandin Cooks
RB James Conner
2021 1st

1.02 - Jonathan Taylor

Sorry for the delay. Beef is absolutely right about needing to be faster, and this was delayed a bit longer than normal because I’m on vacation for another day.

@SenorBeef is on the clock

I could be around for another hour or so if Beef is close to a pick.

I’ll try to get it done. Talking trades a bit. If you want to send me a PM with a ranked list of 2 picks, I’d execute your pick after and not look at your pick until after I made mine, but I understand if you don’t want to do that, that’s fine. I’ll try to get my pick in soon, but can’t guarantee.

Very high risk, high reward. But, that’s why I did it.

You still around @EllisDee? If so, I’ll make my pick now. If it doesn’t matter, I will waffle and read too many scouting reports and then make the same pick later.

Yep, for at least a half hour if you wanna think about it. Otherwise my pick will be around 7am.