SDMB Fantasy Football DYNASTY League: Year 12

It feels like there should be an “active users reading” list somewhere showing everyone who has this thread open in a browser tab, but I don’t see one anywhere. I guess maybe that’s a super old-school thing? Kind of feels like it would fit right in with the “so and so is typing” notifications.

Okay, pick will be in within 25 minute. Sorry for the delay. I had a proposal to dale, Jules had a proposal to dale, Jules had a proposal to me… so when one of those went through Jules and I started working out some new ideas because he’s addicted to trading.

Yeah no worries I get it.

I’m an idiot and I need an intervention. What do you want for 1.04, Ellis? A handy and a flex WR?

Nah, I’m all chalk.

Don’t sleep on a Jules handy, he puts in the work to get a deal done.

1.03 JK Dobbins, RB, Baltimore

Oh shit, that’s the one guy I didn’t want (still pissed about Kenneth Dixon) so now instead of immediately naming my guy, I have to choose between two. I was sure you were taking one of my two…

EDIT: Gimme like 10 minutes.

Swift is more the type of guy I tend to take so I assume you probably put me on him. It was really tough on me and I was going back and forth. Usually I do a lot more prep for the draft, watch game film, all that, but this year I’ve been procrastinating hard and then crazy busy for the last couple of weeks because of that procrastination, so my fantasy research was down a lot unfortunately.

I like Swift’s highlights more than Dobbins and his running style. But Dobbins has a very good running style for the offense in Baltimore, and I trust Baltimore much more than Detroit to develop a running back and scheme them well. And if they can make that Lamar Jackson magic work, there’s gonna be a lot of rushing to go around in that offense even if Jackson steals a bunch of rushing TDs.

Dobbins actually seemed like the higher floor pick and the higher ceiling pick even though I think Swift might be a better runner. If their teams were reversed I’d have taken Swift.

Yes exactly, and to that end I spent the last couple days getting hyped on Akers. To the point that I think I want Akers over Swift. Fuck it.

New York Fanboys select:

1.04 Cam Akers, RB, LAR

And a quick recap:

1.01 Omni - Clyde Edwards-Helaire, RB, KC
1.02 Jules - Jonathan Taylor, RB, Ind
1.03 Beef - JK Dobbins, RB, Bal
1.04 Ellis - Cam Akers, RB, LAR
1.05 Jules -
1.06 Gaffer -
1.07 Retro -
1.08 dale -
1.09 Petey -
1.10 dale -
1.11 RNATB -
1.12 Hamlet -

Oops, forgot: @Jules_Andre is on the clock.

Ohhh, I didn’t even realize, you thought I wouldn’t draft a ratbird. That’s understandable, that does suck. Especially with the way they run their offense, it’s not like they’re going to be throwing to their backs to catch up in garbage time. So if Dobbins does well, it means the illegitimate entity in the crack and gonorrhea capital in the US is doing well, and that sucks.

Well, that’s true. I hope it doesn’t bother me too much. I think it would bother me more if he ends up being a stud and I passed on him just because of that and had to watch his success on another team.

Alright, annoying news. I just did all the draft entries. In the previous years, I thought I had to save and start the draft (and edit it later) in order for it to show up in the draft results page. Either something changed on yahoo, or I screwed it up, but when I saved the draft it finalized it (and put all players on waivers) and I can’t go back and edit it. I can reset it, and start from scratch, and do it all over again, but it’s too late for me to do it right now. I’ll have to do it tomorrow.

The lists of free agents is accurate with the exception of Derrick Henry, Brandon Cooks, and James Conner, and the players already drafted. Henry was an error, the other two were involved in a trade I hadn’t entered yet.

Draft picks available are not correct yet (do not reflect trades) but you can browse the free agent list. I’ll fix it tomorrow.

1.05 - Jerry Jeudy, WR, Den

Ol_Gaffer is on the clock

1.06 - D’Andre Swift, RB, DET

Retro is up, PM sent.

I always assumed that you entered keepers as opposed to entering draft picks for future rounds.

You have to type an @ first to have it send a notification. As you type @TheName you’ll see it bold in the preview (signifying it’s trying to match a name) and then if it finds a match (let’s say @Jules_Andre) the preview version will show bold text on grey background. Of course, 82 bajillion names have registered on the SDMB over the decades so almost anything will be recognized.

Interestingly, when I hit the @ symbol now, after a half second or so a popupmenu appears with SDMB names to choose from, but for me it starts off with just a few names from this thread: Omni, Petey, Jules, Hamlet, Retro, and Gaffer. No Beef, oddly enough. Maybe the top 6 posters in the thread?

Weirder still, when I keep typing SenorBeef’s name (I’m jealous; I should ditch my awful underscore as well) his name never appears in the list. Neither does Colibri. (That’s spelled right, yes?) So I guess almost a cool feature but messed up enough to make it actively bad, where it suggests a name that is spelled correctly doesn’t exist.

In any case, just manually typing an @ followed by the exact name will send a notification, no popupmenu needed. (I think of that as reddit style.)

I was able to get it by typing it with a lowercase B. Seems like the search algorithm is kinda janky.

The way yahoo works is that the commish can set a keeper deadline, and then people mark their own keepers, and then the commish approves them. We could’ve done it that way, with every person making their own lists on yahoo, but that just wasn’t the method we used starting years ago when Varlos was doing it.

Instead, since it’s useful for us to post our rosters/cut lists on the thread anyway, Varlos used to just input the draft manually using the offline draft feature, and that’s what I (and Jules) have been doing since. It’s usually not a problem, just takes maybe 45 minutes to do, but I think I jumped the gun on completing it before I should have, because I forgot the actual process of updating the results.

This also gives us the ability to reflect draft pick trades in the draft results, which just using the keepers wouldn’t do.

I’ve got some stuff to take care of, but I should be able to input the draft correctly in a few hours.

@Retrovertigo is up. Which reminds me, Mr. Bungle reunited for a few songs recently but went back to their death metal roots so I don’t even know what the point of that.

Ozigbo is a better shot for significant carries than Armstead.

Updated list:

1.01 Omni - Clyde Edwards-Helaire, RB, KC
1.02 Jules - Jonathan Taylor, RB, Ind
1.03 Beef - JK Dobbins, RB, Bal
1.04 Ellis - Cam Akers, RB, LAR
1.05 Jules - Jerry Jeudy, WR, Den
1.06 Gaffer - D’Andre Swift, RB, DET
1.07 Retro -
1.08 dale -
1.09 Petey -
1.10 dale -
1.11 RNATB -
1.12 Hamlet -

I’m unsure of my ability to reliably scroll back and know that I’m reading the results I’m looking for. This is based on my experience in the coronavirus news thread trying to manually scroll back to see the previous few days numbers. I’m never positive exactly which day I’m looking at unless I use the little quote arrows to jump back and forth.

Anyone know how many posts back it takes infinite scroll to requery? I think it might be 15 but not sure why I think that. (Quick testing seems to indicate more like 50.)