SDMB Fantasy Football DYNASTY League: Year 13

Last year you expressed disinterest/disatisfaction with the league here and here. In one, you said you’d play this year just to make sure we had a full number of owners, and in the other you said that this league sucks.

Now - the low turnover and long time commitment of the members of this league is a key part of it, so I’ve been grateful to people sticking it through and maybe even playing in years they weren’t really into it, and in general the level of commitment people have shown. Stability is key to long term team development and a sense of ownership, and it can also be hard to get new owners who we can reliably prediction will stick around for years, too.

But I also don’t want you to keep playing if you don’t like being in the league and just do it out of a sense of obligation or if you think it sucks. I do appreciate that you were willing to do that despite being disinterested for the sake of the league. In this case, Jules has a friend who’s really into FF and is interested in joining our league, and would join the boards and participate highly in the league. If you don’t like playing in the league anymore (and it sounds like you don’t), it’s okay to bow out and let someone with more enthusiasm take your spot.

I don’t want to make that an open offer to everyone right now - I hope the rest of you are still enjoying the league and want to be back - and it would be difficult to replace several people at once. But in this case, since you seem to only grudgingly join out of a sense of obligation, would you like to bow out now with no hard feelings and let someone else who is more enthusiastic about this take over your team?