SDMB Fantasy Football DYNASTY League: Year 13

Yeah, at least I’ll be starting him. He’s my second best receiver!

EDIT: I’m also kind of excited about getting a second 1st round pick next year. Let’s say I improve to middle of the pack and Jules finishes top 2. That would make my three picks (I aim for 3 picks) 1.06, 1.11, and 2.06. That has potential to be fun.

Getting Easy Ed McCaffrey Jr. wins the trade for Jules. Hands down.

My pick at #5 is locked and loaded, I’m just waiting for a response to a trade offer. Hopefully not too much longer.

1.05 Javonte Williams, RB, Denver Broncos

Updated:

1.01 RNATB - Najee Harris, RB, Pit
1.02 Beef - Kyle Pitts, TE, Atl
1.03 Retro - Ja’Marr Chase, WR, Cin
1.04 Jules - Devonta Smith, WR, Phi
1.05 Hamlet - Javonte Williams, RB, Den
1.06 Gaffer -
1.07 Overly -
1.08 Peteys -
1.09 Omni -
1.10 RNATB -
1.11 dale -
1.12 dale -

I’ll message @Ol_Gaffer

I finished my 23 year old league’s redraft this weekend. It was in person, and a ton of fun. After last year, I forgot how fun a fantasy football draft can be. Waiting to see if “your guy” falls to you, negotiating trades (I may have gotten fleeced in one of my trades that night, but, in my defense, it was he first time I had been drunk in 20 months or so), and getting value for a guy you just KNOW will be the next big thing (I got Tee Higgins in the 12th round). It was a blast.

It is also great fun to draft online with you guys. The waiting to see who is available when you pick can be excruciating, but fascinating too. I like the longer pace of this draft, but sometimes, when it’s 4 or 5 days before you can pick again, the waiting is a pain.

I figured the first three (4 before Etienne was hurt) picks were pretty well set in stone, so I had talked myself into loving both Devonta Smith and Javonte Williams. So I’m happy with either. But now I have to wait to see if my guy (hint: its not Jaylen Waddle) falls to me at pick 17. Here’s hoping.

He was 31st WR last year, so 24th certainly isn’t out of the realm of possibility. Based on the volume he’ll likely get, he’s a fine #3 WR. I just think there are a ton of those kinds of guys out there.

I thought Chase might’ve fallen because there are wild swings every day about the reports about him in camp/preseason. One day he’s destroying everyone and looking great, the next day he’s hearing footsteps and dropping everything and can’t do anything right. It’s been back and forth like that every day for like 3 weeks.

He’ll probably be fine, and I was probably always going to take Pitts anyway because having one of the 2-4 real difference makers at TE is a huge advantage compared to having just a really good WR, but it scared me a bit. Maybe it was just a year off football, but he seems like he’s scared of contact and maybe has the yips.

Not what I was planning on this morning but here we are. Goodbye Cam, I always loved your hats.

1.01 RNATB - Najee Harris, RB, Pit
1.02 Beef - Kyle Pitts, TE, Atl
1.03 Retro - Ja’Marr Chase, WR, Cin
1.04 Jules - Devonta Smith, WR, Phi
1.05 Hamlet - Javonte Williams, RB, Den
1.06 Gaffer - Trevor Lawrence, QB, Jac
1.07 Overly -
1.08 Peteys -
1.09 Omni -
1.10 RNATB -
1.11 dale -
1.12 dale -

@Overly_Sentimental

I was honestly not sure when Lawrence would go. I never expected “right where he should go.”

Removing the horrible training camp he has had I would consider Chase the top talent in the draft. I would have drafted Harris #1 because of RB1 scarcity, but after the top 3 there is what I consider a significant drop.

However, you can’t just ignore the bad camp Chase is having and hopefully for my team it’s just a blip.

I think I also would have taken Pitt with the #2 for the same reason Beef mentioned as there are so few TE1 and c it looks like he has all the tools. I would say the one negative that Harris does have is that he turned 23 in March, so his tread might be lower than most RBs coming out of drafts.

I would have taken Pitts #1

Solid. I like it a lot.

Agreed on all counts.

Bold, but now in retrospect, good eye. Looks like Pitts was never getting past #2 regardless who was picking second.

I think you mean top 4, sir. Don’t sleep on the slim reaper

I’m not a huge fan and I’m especially not a fan of any QB going to a college coach. When was the last time that worked out for anyone not named Pete Carroll? But Lawrence is supposed to be a generational talent, so… meh. Not having a QB can really hamstring you in this league (and having a great one allows you to save roster spots), so it makes sense to chase the best player available rather than the most valuable fantasy player.

Najee will have a couple of good years, Pitts should give you at least a decade of Waller and Kelce-esque production.

I’ve got a pick ready but I’ll hold on for the moment if anyone is interested in trading up. I’m looking for a startable RB.

I was lucky enough to see both players in person, with Smith this last season when he broke out as Alabama’s #1 WR. I think Smith has a much higher floor, but Chase has the ceiling.

I see it exactly the same way. I would have taken Chase over Smith, had both dropped to 4. I do think Smith’s ceiling is really high, just not Calvin Johnson high. I would have been happy with either, which is why I was so determined to move up to 1.04.

Look at us being so agreeable.

It’s a new day! Maybe now we can agree that I should be the rightful owner of Dalvin Cook