SDMB Fantasy Football DYNASTY League: Year 13

I think you’re right, you have to select it rather than just type the whole thing, as I didn’t get a notification.

@RetroVertigo is up.

Also… I’m going to say no on cutting Akins. You can’t really get an extra draft pick by taking care of a need after the draft started. It wouldn’t really be different from saying “oh I didn’t think there would be this player at my pick, now that I drafted him I don’t need this other guy anymore, so let me cut him” - you can’t generate new draft picks based on not needing players anymore because of how the draft went.

@Omniscient hasn’t submitted his cut list yet even though it was due, but that’s a different issue. We went with some presumed cuts for him because he didn’t get his cuts in on time.

What’s a little funny is that typing the name with the wrong caps, like you did above… we can still click on that and see the person’s profile. So it would be weird if it didn’t work, since it correctly associates it with a user.

It’s possible it didn’t send me a notification because I was looking at the thread at the time.

Anyway, just to be on the safe side, type @, start typing in the name of the person with the next pick, then click it when the list pops up. That should give them a notification that they were mentioned.

Give me a couple hours and I’ll be back with my final cuts.

Correction: I didn’t see the notification when I got back (perhaps because I was looking at the thread), but looking at past notifications it does work.

Fair. Just throwing it out there.

I guess now is as good a time as any, since we’re waiting for the pick just before:

Trade to announce:
HungryHungryHaruspex receives:
RB Christian McCaffrey
TE T.J. Hockenson
RB Ronald Jones
2022 last pick

New York Fanboys receives:
RB Saquon Barkley
RB Joe Mixon
WR D.J. Moore
WR Corey Davis
2022 1st

Updated picks list reflecting our trade:

1.01 RNATB - Najee Harris, RB, Pit
1.02 Beef - Kyle Pitts, TE, Atl
1.03 Retro -
1.04 Jules -
1.05 Hamlet -
1.06 Gaffer -
1.07 Overly -
1.08 Peteys -
1.09 Omni -
1.10 RNATB -
1.11 dale -
1.12 dale -

2.01 RNATB -
2.02 Beef -
2.03 Retro -
2.04 Jules -
2.05 Hamlet -
2.06 Gaffer -
2.07 Overly -
2.08 Jules -
2.09 Omni -
2.10 Justin -
2.11 dale -
2.12 dale -

3.01 Justin -
3.02 Beef -
3.03 Retro -
3.04 Ellis -
3.06 Gaffer -
3.07 Overly -
3.08 Peteys -
3.09 Omni -
3.10 Justin -
3.11 Jules -
3.12 Jules -

4.02 Beef -
4.06 Gaffer -
4.08 Peteys -
4.09 Omni -
4.10 Justin -
4.11 Jules -
4.12 Ellis -

5.08 Peteys -
5.09 Omni -
6.08 Peteys -

Well that was certainly a trade. Not sure I feel about it for sure, but I think Jules probably got the better of it. But I’m not high on Mixon or Corey Davis.

Retro hasn’t posted in 5 days. I sent him an e-mail to his FF address just to make sure he remembers. I hope he ends up making a pick tonight or we’re going to have to test the bounds of time limits before moving on.

A high pick like the third overall probably deserves more of a delay to make sure the player has a chance to draft who they want compared to picks later in the draft, so even if we’re generous with our time here, that doesn’t mean they we will give the same amount of leeway to a third round pick later.

I’m leaning towards making around noon tomorrow the deadline for Retro to get his pick in.

Here’s my official cuts. I’m pretty sure this leaves me with 5 picks if I counted the IR spots correctly.

Also, how about Discourse handling the copy-paste of the table format directly from Yahoo. Leaving all the pointless info since it’s not worth the effort to remove.

Kept Player 2020 Draft Position 2020 Final Rank Current O-Rank
Robert Woods (LAR - WR) Round 14, Pick 1 43 40
Darnell Mooney (Chi - WR) - 161 129
Chase Edmonds (Ari - RB) Round 19, Pick 1 90 68
Mark Andrews (Bal - TE) Round 9, Pick 1 117 55
Denzel Mims (NYJ - WR) Q Round 3, Pick 1 328 283
Adam Thielen (Min - WR) Q Round 13, Pick 1 36 50
Clyde Edwards-Helaire (KC - RB) Q Round 1, Pick 1 87 24
Kenny Golladay (NYG - WR) Q Round 15, Pick 1 303 82
Julio Jones (Ten - WR) Q Round 16, Pick 1 163 48
Antonio Gibson (Was - RB) Round 2, Pick 3 53 14
Adam Trautman (NO - TE) Q - 380 211
Devin Duvernay (Bal - WR) - 268 2368
Sony Michel (LAR - RB) Round 20, Pick 1 256 95
Justin Jackson (LAC - RB) Q Round 17, Pick 1 302 188
Marquez Callaway (NO - WR) - 347 131
Joey Slye (Car - K) NA Round 8, Pick 5 147 291
Robbie Gould (SF - K) Round 5, Pick 1 195 224
Chicago (Chi - DEF) Round 7, Pick 1 187 236
Kansas City (KC - DEF) Round 6, Pick 1 148 195
Tarik Cohen (Chi - RB) PUP-P Round 21, Pick 1 467 184
Released Player 2020 Draft Position 2020 Final Rank Current O-Rank
Mitchell Trubisky (Buf - QB) Round 25, Pick 1 83 351
Ito Smith (Min - RB) NA Round 18, Pick 1 332 317
Kyle Rudolph (NYG - TE) Q Round 8, Pick 1 318 325
Gardner Minshew II (Phi - QB) Round 22, Pick 1 73 348
Drew Lock (Den - QB) Round 23, Pick 1 46 311
Antonio Gandy-Golden (Was - WR) Round 3, Pick 3 560 2474
Collin Johnson (Jax - WR) - 323 1863

Pick 1.03 J’marr Chase WR Cin

@Jules_Andre is on the clock.

1.04 - Devonta Smith, WR, Phi

@Hamlet is on the clock

Compared to Ronald Jones and Jarvis Landry, I think they’re solid upgrades. I only liked Harris and Pitts at the top of this draft. I mean, I did like Etienne as well, but…

I went by this chart, asking for a premium. It says Jules paid 30 more than I did. i will say this: This is the first time any WR on my team has been valued at 50+ ever. I don’t think any of my WRs has ever broken 30, imagining similar calculators for years past. I’ve also never had RB2 worth more than 20s, probably. Akers was supposed to finally be it, but…

I’m basically the 20s guy. All my guys except CMC are valued in the 20s or less in that trade calculator. This trade gives me two starting RBs valued 50+ and also a starting WR of 50+. I view this as a major upgrade; a complete overhaul of the team.

My gut reaction was that Jules got a much better deal, but now I’m not so sure. Jules gets the best player in fantasy for a slightly younger and possibly more injury prone version. Mixon is a clear upgrade from Ronald Jones, but only based on current opportunity. Hockenson is arguably more valuable than Davis, but I originally looked at Moore as a throw-in before remembering he put up pretty good numbers the last two years. So essentially it’s a second-round pick for a very productive yardage receiver. Maybe?

Davis was a throw-in I didn’t particularly want but didn’t object to. In my mind, the trade was:

CMC + Hockenson
for
Saquon + Mixon + Moore

Jules really wanted my draft picks, and I wasn’t opposed, so I let him toss in Davis for picks and whatnot.

This is true. I originally wanted to move Mixon and Davis for the two picks. I thought it was worth swinging for CMC to see what we could work out, and Ellis makes for a good trade partner. He offers reasonable, considerate thoughts and counter proposals. We got a deal done pretty quickly. I was under the impression I was overpaying a tiny bit, but within the margin for getting the best player in the deal.

Saquon is one of my favorite players, if not my favorite overall, and I think he is a generational talent. I generally try to ignore situation, but in this case I am trying to win this season. Saquon’s usage at the end of 2019 was a concern, and his O-Line hasn’t improved. Same with Mixon. I believe in both of them, but they each have huge question marks this year. CMC has a floor in the stratosphere, so he makes for a more stable asset for this year’s run. Plus, as exceptional receiving backs, CMC and Kamara should last a bit longer than normal. I think the trade works both ways

Wow. That is a big trade.

I don’t enjoy chasing Jules in the division, but I’m not sure this makes him any better. McCaffrey is obviously great, but I like Mixon and Saquon, and I think Ellis just got a lot better while leaving Jules in basically the same spot.

But bravo for finally moving Corey Davis. I feel like you offered him up every time we talked a trade last year.

Yeah he seemed really motivated to include Davis. I don’t have anything against Davis, or even any opinion about him at all. The calculator says he would be the best receiver on my team if I didn’t also acquire Moore in the deal. That’s how dire it’s been.

I ran that trade through 3 calculators and they all seemed to think it was fairly even, disagreeing on who it was slightly slanted towards. That’s pretty remarkable for such a big trade. Maybe it will end up benefitting both of you. But maybe it will haunt Jules and he will be punished for his trade addiction.

I think my starting lineup did get a tiny bit worse, if you consider projections. But I think it got far more stable. I am confident my team will come out near or at the top of the total points at season’s end, so my strategy is to avoid the nightmare weeks where all these boom/bust guys bust at once and I am knocked out of the playoffs.

As for Corey Davis, he’s going to be a top 24 WR this year. I should have asked for more, but nobody knows anything but me!! Anyway, I can never start him. I might as well sell my depth for a championship window, and then start building it again