SDMB Fantasy Football DYNASTY League: Year 13

I’ve got a bunch of RB3s. Take your pick.

Said another way, it’s good for competitive balance.

Trade to announce:

HungryHungryHaruspex receives:
WR Mike Evans

Peteys receives:
RB Nyheim Hines

Peteys select Jaylen (And He) Waddle(d) (Away)

1.01 RNATB - Najee Harris, RB, Pit
1.02 Beef - Kyle Pitts, TE, Atl
1.03 Retro - Ja’Marr Chase, WR, Cin
1.04 Jules - Devonta Smith, WR, Phi
1.05 Hamlet - Javonte Williams, RB, Den
1.06 Gaffer - Trevor Lawrence, QB, Jac
1.07 Overly - Trey Sermon, RB, SF
1.08 Peteys - Jaylen Waddle, WR, Mia

@Omniscient you are up to bat

That trade didn’t suck for Jules.

I do like Waddle, though.

EDIT: Wait, Waddle was 1.08. So Peteys picks again at 1.10? New owner cleaning house, makes sense I guess.

EDIT 2: I have 1.10 as belonging to RNATB in my spreadsheet. Did I miss a trade? How did Jules trade it to Peteys?

All picks are my picks to do with as I please. I rule this realm.

Oh shit, Omni’s on the clock.

Do it! Do it! Do it!

You have to. You know you want to…

I took -5000 odds in Vegas that I knew who this pick would be, and I am certain to make money. Just do it, Omni.

Here’s a corrected list (I think?), including the most recent trade. All the previous ones had RNATB with 1.10.

1.01 RNATB - Najee Harris, RB, Pit
1.02 Beef - Kyle Pitts, TE, Atl
1.03 Retro - Ja’Marr Chase, WR, Cin
1.04 Jules - DeVonta Smith, WR, Phi
1.05 Hamlet - Javonte Williams, RB, Den
1.06 Gaffer - Trevor Lawrence, QB, Jax
1.07 Overly - Trey Sermon, RB, SF
1.08 Peteys - Jaylen Waddle, WR, Mia
1.09 Omni -
1.10 Peteys -
1.11 dale -
1.12 dale -

2.01 RNATB -
2.02 Beef -
2.03 Retro -
2.04 Jules -
2.05 Hamlet -
2.06 Gaffer -
2.07 Overly -
2.08 Jules -
2.09 Omni -
2.10 Justin -
2.11 dale -
2.12 dale -

3.01 Justin -
3.02 Beef -
3.03 Retro -
3.04 Ellis -
3.06 Gaffer -
3.07 Overly -
3.08 Peteys -
3.09 Omni -
3.10 Justin -
3.11 Jules -
3.12 Jules -

4.02 Beef -
4.06 Gaffer -
4.08 Peteys -
4.09 Omni -
4.10 Justin -
4.11 Jules -
4.12 Ellis -

5.08 Peteys -
5.09 Omni -
6.08 Jules -

Yup, it’s happening.

1.09 Justin Fields, QB, Bears

MY MAN! Okay, @Hamlet say something about it. Come on, let’s see some fireworks

I think Fields is the best QB in this year’s draft. I haven’t been able to fully scout the top 5, but Fields pops off the screen for me in ways the others don’t. Great pick for a team that needs a QB

No way!

I tried to get Jules to take him earlier since it would’ve been funny. Omni had 0 qbs on his roster.

I haven’t seen fields at all but I’d have taken any of the other QBs over Lawrence because Jacksonville is going to be a quarterback crushing dumpster fire that will break his spirit like Burrow in Cinci.

1.10 Trey Lance, QB, SF

@dalej42 is up.

Have we had 3 Qbs drafted in round 1 before?

Looks like 2012 had Luck, RG3, and Russell Wilson.

Well Dale can make it 4.

If it were based on a team’s record, sure. But it’s not. It’s based on injuries, not competitiveness. The teams that suffers more injuries loses not just the services of the player, but also, potentially, the player himself. They get even more screwed over.

The NFL, with the new IR rules and expanded practice squad, have greatly increased the abilities of NFL teams to retain end of roster developmental players. And to protect teams from the costs of injuries. We should too.

There are reasons Fields couldn’t beat out Jake Fromm at Georgia. It is very possible he’s Mitch v.2. Great arm, great athleticism, good running ability. Able to function in a one read or half field system. But unable to truly read defenses and slow to process what is happening on the field.

Personally, I like Fields a ton more than Zach Wilson or Trey Lance. But there are valid reasons to worry about not just his skills, but also his situation.

I dropped one other player just before the deadline, so I need a pick at 4.1. Otherwise I think it’s correct.