SDMB Fantasy Football DYNASTY League: Year 13

For my last pick…

4.08 Vikings Def

@Omniscient is up

I can’t believe I am finally going to be able to pick again. I don’t know how you all stand it. Waiting? Nay, not for me.

I’m out and about. Will make the pick in a couple hours once I’m back in front of a computer.

4.09 Ty’son Williams, RB, Bal

@Justin_Bailey is on the clock.

Look at that, another extended Omni absence gifts him a reserve shooting up in value after an injury.

Do we really think Justice Hill was gobbling up a lot of carries?

I wouldn’t be surprised if “out and about” was you with a shank in or around Baltimore

Strictly Voodoo.

What’s the point of having a fourth round pick if you’re not going to do something stupid with it?

4.10 - Ben Roethlisberger, QB, Pit

I’m done and @Jules_Andre is on the clock.

hahah awesome/terrible. I did not enjoy the big Ben experience last year, and his constant lack of upside drove me insane and to trade for Rodgers.

4.11 - Tony Jones Jr., RB, NO

@EllisDee is on the clock

Well s***. I was going to take Big Ben. Gimme a second…

4.12 Gerald Everett, TE, Sea

@Really_Not_All_That_Bright is up with pick 5.08.

EDIT: The remaining picks:

5.08 RNATB -
5.09 Omni -

6.08 Jules -

A battle for Big Ben was not what I anticipated out of this draft.

I thought about taking Jones, but I need Big Ben to start just once. As long as he can hold it together for Week 12 I’ll have gotten my money’s worth out of that pick.

And I’m aware by writing this that Kamara will go down tomorrow and Jones will run for 3000 yards now.

Especially with the indominatable Ryan Fitzpatrick available too. Give me Fitzmagic over decrepit Ben any fucking day.

I’ve ridden the FitzMagic roller coaster before. It gets old fast.

He’s been better the last few years. From PFF: “Fitzpatrick has been quietly playing the best football of his career over the last three years, yet he is only ever seen as a bridge to a new young quarterback. He ranks 15th among 42 qualifying passers in PFF passing grade over those three seasons, making him a slightly above-average passer in any given season.” Sure, there is more volatility to his game, but with Terry McLaurin, Logan Thomas, and a solid defense, I expect him to be better. Plus Ben had some pretty bad weeks towards the end of last year.

I can completely see taking Ben over Fitzpatrick. But, as a third QB, I’d have a shitton more fun owning Fitzpatrick.

I would have been very sad. I almost took him at 2.11. I even typed it in, but I decided to think about it a bit more before hitting reply. It felt like being too cute, so I went with the obvious pick at a position where I don’t need help just for the better chance at a return on the pick since I have spent a couple higher picks on upside stashes that might not pay off. But at 4.11? Yeah, I’ll take the guy New Orleans historically feeds 175 touches to by rote and my direct handcuff. (Assuming Latavius Murray was truly nearly cut and Jones is the real #2)

I know we’re fine on schedule and there are only 3 picks left, but for the sake of consistency I’m going to put RNATB on a clock. It has been his pick for 17 hours - I’m going to give him another 3 hours from now until 6pm eastern to make his 5.08 pick, otherwise Omni can pick at 5.09.

@Really_Not_All_That_Bright

He’s another lottery ticket, which is good at 4.11. He can join Tim Hightower, Khiry Robinson, Pierre Thomas, Danny Lasco, Chris Ivory, and my beloved Boston Scott, on the “hope for an injury to the Saints starting running back” crew.