SDMB FF Dynasty League: Year Six

The roster limit is 25 and 2 IR slots. If you cut those two than you will have one draft pick.

Ah, gotcha. Thanks.

Vick Ballard and Kendall Hunter are already on IR so I will have 2 more slots.

They can’t go onto your IR until after the draft though. We had the same problem last year.

But we do an offline draft, so we just arbitrarily enforce that? If that’s the rule we play by, so be it, but I didn’t recall that occurrence from previous years.

It’s not arbitrary. Injured reserve allows you to keep extra players on your roster during the season. It’s not just two extra roster spots, unless you mean you’re dropping Ballard and Hunter.

I believe the issue of IR slots has come up in the past, and we didn’t allow them until after the season began.

If that’s how it’s been done in the past, that’s fine. I’ll post an updated cut list before the 22nd.

I don’t know if we’ve ever dealt with the situation of players who were on IR before the draft. I have no problem allowing them to be put onto IR slots before the draft, freeing up an extra pick, since I don’t see it as being significantly different than if it happened a week after the draft. But we should come to some sort of consensus soon.

So Gordon is looking like 0 or 16 for suspension. He may play the whole season due to the retarded NFL testing procedures. If he does, my WR corps is ridiculous. Demaryius Thomas is top 5, Jordy Nelson is reliably top 10, Cordarelle Patterson was the top scoring WR for the last 5 weeks of the season, and, of course, Gordon was the top scorer if he comes back. That’s potentially 4 of the top 10 under ideal circumstances.

Hard to tell with my RB corps. McCoy will definitely be a stud. Ryan Mathews will never break out but is a servicible RB2 with a big game here and there. Trent Richardson, despite being meh, seems to be the guy in Indy - Vick Ballard going down only solidifies his workload. Maybe he’ll start seeing NFL-sized holes and actually be productive. But even if he’s a 3.6 YPC sort of guy, he’s still a good receiver and will get touches. Andre Ellington, I think, is going to get the majority of the carries in Arizona. Not sure what to make of him yet, but he definitely has a high ceiling.

Gronk is either going to come back and dominate and be one of the top 2, or he’s going to break in half. Either way, Jordan Cameron is probably going to be solidly top 7 himself.

If Gordon plays at least 12 games this year, I’d consider trading one of my top WRs and a TE or any non-McCoy RB for a top RB. I’d also package either TE and a RB for a better RB.

Do you guys save your trade offer PMs from previous years? They’re fun to go back and read a year or two later. I dodged more bullets than I did missing opportunities, which I suppose means you guys should take more of my trade offers, since you’ll probably get the best of it :stuck_out_tongue:

I have about 87 back and forth PMs with Varlos about trades, and I think all of those ultimately resulted in… Jermichael Finley for Roy Helu Jr.

I love dealing, though. Send me PMs with your crazy offers.

At this point, I’m just driving in the knife. But hey, a little spite and ill will never hurt a friendly contest. :wink:

As it turned out, he ended up with the #4 overall pick and Eddie Lacy, so really it didn’t hurt him at all (though I’d say Bernard is more valuable in this format than Lacy since last year’s 35 receptions seems to be his ceiling.)

I appreciate that RNATB, because a real friend stabs you in the front.

I hesitate to say that anything about his ceiling because it’s only been one year. I will say that I was hoping for Bernard, but now that this last draft only crowded the Bengals backfield more, I’m happy with Lacy.

Oh yeah, my inbox is like 90% full, and 80% of that is trade talks from this league. When I’m back at my computer maybe I’ll post a few what-ifs.

We can talk about allowing pre-draft IR slots. Are those guys officially on IR already? Because Yahoo won’t let us put a player into an IR slot unless that’s the case.

I know Hunter is on the IR already.

Ballard won’t be on IR until August 26th so this might be moot if we start the draft before then. These arcane NFL roster rules are fun to sort through.

So, how would it work if we decided to manually implement IR slots before the draft? I guess the owner would have to not keep the injured player, we’d declare him off-limits during our draft, and then after the draft I’d manually edit the rosters (by dropping a player, then adding the injured player, then designating him IR [if I can even do that], then adding back the player I dropped – or if we have time we could just sit back and let the owners in question do the transactions themselves).

I’m willing to do it – doesn’t seem entirely fair to penalize someone with, in effect, the loss of a draft pick in exchange for the privilege of having one of your players out for the whole season with an injury. Does anyone have an objection? I admit I haven’t thought it out too thoroughly.

I would support that provided that the pick comes as a supplemental pick, i.e., after the standard draft has been completed.

No objections from me.

Not sure what you mean, Retro. There is no extra/supplemental pick involved. Consider if you want to keep your entire roster (thus having no draft picks) but one of your guys goes on IR tomorrow. You still want to keep him.

Under the proposed solution, we move the IR guy to IR giving the hypothetical “keep everyone” guy one single draft pick. To support this, he temporarily drops the IR guy and we all agree not to sign him. Once yahoo activates the IR feature, VarlosZ then goes in to manually drop a random player from that roster, sign the IR guy, put him on IR, then re-sign the guy he just dropped.

It’s better if VarlosZ does this if only to avoid the 2-day waiver period in re-signing the guy.

I mean that after all picks have been taken, than a supplemental round will take place for anybody wishing to move an eligible IR’d player, prior to Free Agency beginning.

Say Team X only wanted to drop 1 player, under the other plan Team X gets a 2nd Round Pick, and gets to keep the IR’d player. Kinda screws the teams following.

I believe (and I might be the only one) it’s the fairest solution.

I agree. Any IR replacement picks should come at the end of the draft.