SDMB FF Dynasty League: Year Six

Ahoy! Welcome back once more to the best darn fantasy football league around these parts. We’re only waiting for one owner to sign up on the Yahoo page, but I have no reason to suspect that he won’t, so probably we should have no turnover again this year. I can’t think of any leftover rules proposals from last year, but perhaps I’m forgetting, and someone may have a new idea, so as always please bring up any thoughts below. Should be a great year!
2013 Champion: VarlosZ
2012 Champion: Hamlet (CuteWiddleBunny)
2011 Champion: SenorBeef (Exploding Pancakes)
2010 Champion: Stringer (We Do HGH)
2009 Champion: Really Not All That Bright
2013 Final Results:

1. VarlosZ
  2. Hamlet
  3. SenorBeef
  4. Justin Bailey
  5. Stinger
  6. RNATB
  7. Petey
  8. Omniscient
  9. RetroVertigo
  10. dalej42
  11. Ellis Dee
  12. furt
    2014 Draft Order:
    Round 1
  13. furt
  14. Ellis Dee
  15. dalej42
  16. RetroVertigo
  17. dalej42 (via Stringer)
  18. RNATB
  19. Petey
  20. Omniscient
  21. RNATB (via Justin Bailey)
  22. Ellis Dee (via SenorBeef)
  23. Hamlet
  24. VarlosZ

Round 2

1. furt
  2. Ellis Dee
  3. dalej42
  4. RetroVertigo
  5. Stringer
  6. RNATB
  7. Petey
  8. VarlosZ (via Omniscient)
  9. dalej42 (via Justin Bailey)
  10. SenorBeef
  11. Hamlet
  12. Omniscient (via VarlosZ)

Round 3

1. furt
  2. SenorBeef (via Ellis Dee)
  3. dalej42
  4. RetroVertigo
  5. Stringer
  6. RNATB
  7. Petey
  8. Omniscient
  9. Justin Bailey
  10. SenorBeef
  11. Hamlet
  12. VarlosZ

Rounds 4+

1. furt
  2. Ellis Dee
  3. dalej42
  4. RetroVertigo
  5. Stringer
  6. RNATB
  7. Petey
  8. Omniscient
  9. Justin Bailey
  10. SenorBeef
  11. Hamlet
  12. VarlosZ

2013 trades in effect this year (already reflected in draft order above).

Archive
Year One League Thread
Year Two League Thread
Year One Trade Log
Year Two Trade Log
Notable Waiver Wire Transactions, Year Two
Year Three League Thread
Year Three Trade Log
Year Four League Thread
Year Four Trade Log
Year Five League Thread
Year Five Trade Log (plus addendum)
Notable Waiver Wire Transactions, Year Five

*** Off-season trading is open.

*** Cut Deadline and Draft start time are TBD. We should all set our own keepers on the Yahoo page, but please post a list of your cuts in the thread here, as well, when the time comes.

*** Good Luck!

Ok, so NFL Opening Day is Thursday, September 4th. Last year’s draft only took a week, but there was an unusually small number of picks, and anyway we want a buffer, so I’d like to budget at least 10 days for our draft this year. I would therefore suggest a cut deadline of around Friday, the 22nd of this month (which would give us the weekend for the 1st Round).
Anyone who made a trade last year in which they either took on or gave away a future draft pick should be sure to keep in mind the effect that’s going to have on their draft this year, as we discussed at length last year. If you added a net pick for this draft, your last pick this year will have to be forfeited to make the numbers work. Likewise, if you’ve traded away a net pick, you’ll get one after the regular draft to make up for it (we worked out a procedure for this last year, I’ll try to find it later).

Reposting from last year’s thread:

I forgot I had traded Andre Ellington to Beef. For James Jones. Who is apparently unable to crack the Raiders’ starting lineup. Fuck me.

I am interested in picking up additional picks in this years draft. I would have to be blown away for Green or Lacy, but I’m willing to consider everybody available.

I’ll post my current roster later tonight.

What do you want for AJ Green? Never forget that I offered you a (relative) king’s ransom for Josh Freeman last year. :wink:

I have Jason Witten, Charles Clay, and Jared Cook at TE. I could probably stand to shed someone.

I am cutting:

Jason Campbell
Marcel Reece
Bobby Rainey

Yeah, yeah, yeah.

Andre Johnson and Russell Wilson are both available. Looking for young RBs and/or 1st round pick.
Cutting:

Mendenhall
Da’Rick Rogers
Brandon Gibson
Josh Boyce
Randy Bullock
Bears D
Pettigrew

My Roster:

QBs:
Brady
Sam Bradford
Josh Freeman

WRs:
Greg Jennings
AJ Green
Terrance Williams
Donnie Avery
Brian Quick
Leonard Hankerson
Miles Austin
Justin Hunter
Nick Toon
Denario Alexander

RBs:
Eddie Lacy
Chris Johnson
Felix Jones
Michael Bush
Bernard Pierce
Shonn Green
Knile Davis
Latavius Murray

TE:
Brandon Myers
Lance Kendricks

Witten’s too old and the others aren’t really an upgrade over Reed.

I’ll give you Woodhead for Andre. Or Ingram.

I have picks (obviously) for trade.

Still looking to package backs and picks to improve at wideout/TE. Here’s my current roster ([del]projected cuts[/del]).
[ul]
[li]Nick Foles Phi - QB[/li][li]Julian Edelman NE - WR[/li][li]DeSean Jackson Was - WR[/li][li]Shane Vereen NE - RB[/li][li]Giovani Bernard Cin - RB[/li][li]Tim Wright TB - TE[/li][li][del]Jerricho Cotchery Car - WR[/del][/li][li]Danny Woodhead SD - RB[/li][li]Lamar Miller Mia - RB[/li][li]Jordan Reed Was - TE[/li][li]Rashad Jennings NYG - RB[/li][li]Marlon Brown Bal - WR[/li][li]James Jones Oak - WR[/li][li][del]Case Keenum Hou - QB[/del][/li][li][del]BenJarvus Green-Ellis Cin - RB[/del][/li][li]EJ Manuel Buf - QB[/li][li]Robert Turbin Sea - RB[/li][li]Kenjon Barner Car - RB[/li][li]Mark Ingram NO - RB[/li][li]Stepfan Taylor Ari - RB[/li][li]Jermaine Kearse Sea - WR[/li][li][del]Owen Daniels Bal - TE[/del][/li][li]Mike Williams Buf - WR[/li][li]Joseph Morgan NO - WR[/li][li]Steven Hauschka Sea - K[/li][li]Houston - DEF[/li][li]Detroit - DEF[/li][/ul]
I was going to cut Tim Wright, but the scuttlebutt out of Bucs camp is that he’s penciled in to start at wideout in the slot.

Like half my bench is in that nebulous might be a starter/might be a scrub place on their respective depth charts right now, so I’m probably going to wait until close to the 22nd to post my cuts.

Ok, I think I’ve done all the housekeeping that needs doing for now, except for editing the schedule. Keeper deadline is set on Yahoo for the 22nd, but, again, that’s just provisional. Don’t forget to enter your keepers on Yahoo as well as in a post here; last year it actually saved a lot of work inputting everything. The draft order is set to what it is in the OP; for now picks in the last rounds have also been swapped to make the numbers work where necessary. I still have to dig through our discussion last year to see exactly what procedure we decided on for getting everyone the proper number of picks going into the draft.

On a more pleasant note:

– Does anyone want to offer me a draft pick to stash Justin Blackmon on their roster? This is probably a lost season for him, but he’s not hurt, and I can’t believe he won’t get at least one more chance next year. And of course he’s looked fantastic when he does get on the field. IMO he has a lot more potential value for a rebuilding team than a typical 2nd round pick.

– I could be in the market for a TE. My flier on Jermichael Finley looks like a bust (he’s still a free agent), I still don’t know what to expect from Zach Ertz this year, and Greg Olsen is the most blah TE1 in this league. I have reasonably high hopes for Ertz eventually, so I’m not looking to break the bank. A nice veteran to tide me over for a year would do.

– Special for Beef: what’s the deal with Ben Tate? Is he expected to be the starter in Cleveland?

Also, guys, please be sure to remember that, due to IR slots, you may be starting with a roster of up to 27, in which case having 3 picks in this draft would mean cutting 5 players.

As for players who’ve traded away picks from this draft, I guess we’ll use Beef’s proposal from this post: “Yahoo requires you to have full rosters to finish the draft, yes. But we can just have the person who had insufficient picks to fill up his roster draft random/arbitrary players at the end of the draft, and the commish can remove those players from his roster immediately after the draft, and then he has to use his FAAB dollars like everyone else to put waiver claims out to fill his roster.”

So, for now, **Stringer **is cutting three players off of a 27-man roster, so he’ll start the season with 24 keepers + his 1st round pick. But, he traded his 1st Rounder to dale, and he must exit the draft with exactly 25 players, so I would just assign him a backup Kicker or something as a keeper (with the pick that **dale **must forfeit to make room for the extra 1st rounder), and then immediately after the draft he’ll drop him and use waivers/FAs to fill out his roster.
For now my cuts, as entered on Yahoo, are:

WR Kenny Britt
TE Jermichael Finley
RB Willis McGahee
RB Daniel Thomas
WR Vincent Brown
K Phil Dawson
DEF Baltimore

This is very, very much subject to change. Probably I’ll wind up keeping Baltimore.

I’m not Beef but I just saw yesterday that, AS OF RIGHT NOW, Tate is expected to be the starter. But it’s apparently very tentative and could change tomorrow. And then it could change back and forth ten times before week 1.

Sure, I’ll give you my third rounder for him.

Here’s my roster:

CuteWiddleBunny(Hmlt

QB

Philip Rivers
Josh McCown
Robert Griffin III
Kirk Cousins
Matt Flynn

RB

Jamaal Charles
Adrian Peterson
Alfred Morris
Andre Brown
Toby Gerhart
DuJuan Harris

WR

Brandon Marshall
Pierre Garcon
Keenan Allen
Percy Harvin
Eric Decker
Jarrett Boykin
Steve Smith Sr
Brian Hartline

TE

Vernon Davis
Julius Thomas
Coby Fleener

D

Tennessee
San Diego

K

Justin Tucker
Blair Walsh

If that’s it, then I have 26 players currently on my roster (I’m not sure how that happened). As of now, I’ll be cutting Brian Hartline and DuJuan Harris, which leaves me with three draft picks.