SDMB Gender Reassignment Thread

Last week I found out that **NurseCarmen ** is a man. I have just found that that **clairobscur ** is a man too! I had a mental picture of a sophisticated Parisian lady. Was I wrong!

It happens often that I found a doper is of a different gender than that suggested by the screen name. Am I the only one to whom this happen? Specially since I’ve reading clairobscur’s posts for a long time and I never noticed.

To make matters clear I am a girl. TVM. :slight_smile:

EddyTeddyFreddy is female.

WHAT! :smack:
I’ll be back under my rock.

I’m not a talking dog of the future with a speech impediment. I’m a strong, beautiful, black man…well not really, but I’m defintely not a talking dog.
…or am I?!

Guess what I am!

I’ve had at least three people over the years assume I was female. I can’t imagine why anyone would think “Biffy” is a female name. I think once the confusion came about because I made a passing mention of “Mrs. Biffy,” meaning my then-wife, and the way it came out could have been interpreted as me referring to myself in the third person.

Many have mistakenly thought me to be female.

I thought clairobscur was female, too.
Sorry, dude.

And you’re not?! :eek:
Would females please stand on this side and males stand on that side so we can tell you apart?

So did I. :frowning: I suppose perhaps it is because the name is reminiscent of the female name “Claire”.

Based on your screen name? You are creepy.

:wink:

I’ve received more than my share of “oh, you’re not a girl!” posts.

Must by the Brandi Chastain thing. There’s an entire family with that last name, y’know. :wink:

Remember, no one knows you’re a cat on the internet.
For the record, I am not a cat.

I’d be honored if you used your 1000th post to insult me.

Most people assume I am male but I am really a one-legged crack whore. Put two and two together people! Shag=Screw Nasty=Anything Goes.

Shagnasty - The whore whose business card reads “Your way, right away”. Burger King copied me after I serviced their CEO and he kept me card.

It’s quite possible the ‘shrew’ part has to do with it. In my head I don’t think ‘small insectivorous mammal’ I think ‘Katerina Minola’. Nothing else really registers of it.

Of course that’s just me.

[singing]

A fine necro romance with no kisses…
A fine necro romance with no coffins…
You never went and learned how to dance,
I never stood a chance,
what a fine necro romance…

[/singing]

Oh, and I’d guess straight male… early 20s, perhaps late teens, with a touch of black humor and a disaffected nature.

Probably because “Biffy” is close to “Buffy” and like Flutterby said, they’re (okay, me) thinking “shrew = nagging, bitchy woman” rather than “shrew = little furry creature.” Now I know.

I’m one of those who called Chastain86 a girl by mistake. :smack:
Sorry 'bout that.

I’ve been called a guy a few times, but most people get it right. I’m female.
And I’m defintely not a cat.

Really? Note to self: “clairobscur est un homme.” I knew about ETF. I did not know about Chastain86. Those are the only two in this thread I didn’t know, so far.

Do me next! Guess!