SDMB Poster Androginy

I have to admit, Aura. I’m one of the many who thought you were a female lady of the woman variety. I think it’s the name. I hear “aura” and I think of a female.

Not that I’m criticizing the handle… Especially considering mine.

“The world ends when I die. And as far as I’m concerned, the rest of the universe might as well call it a day too.” – Matt Groening

If I remember right, jodih once mentioned that her screen name is her first name, “Jodi” and the initial of her last name “H”.

She’s a she.

>^,^<
KITTEN
Coffee, chocolate, men . . . Some things are just better rich.

Well, damm it. When people ask me what’s the use of a liberal arts degree, I tell them that it allows me to be an erudite smart-ass. But it doesn’t work if I start making amateurish blunders. Therefore, I’m going to pretend it never happened, for the sake of my mother, and for America. I expect you’ll all be good enough to do the same.

But if I tell you my sex, I’ll lose half of those who might flirt with me!

I am not a lesbian. But I’ve played one in a couple of chatrooms.
My goal is to achieve a more focused ambiguity.

The great thing about being androgynous is that I can masturbate with either hand.

ChrisCTRP:

I’m not very androgynous. I kept the AOL sig when I got here just for consistency; my wife and I used the other AOL sign-ons for other purposes. I usually use the trailing sig for clarity.

Tom~

My screen name really doesn’t leave much doubt as to my gender. But surprisingly no one has figured out yet that I’m a German Shepherd.

I’m male. But whomever didn’t gather that from my postst hasn’t been reading them.

So: Male [insert your Chauvinist Pig here]

Well… insert you pig here… that would constitute… ah well… that’s another thread altogether.

cough

Piiiiggie piggie piggie…
Coldfire

“You know how complex women are”

• Neil Peart, Rush (1993)

Ha ha - I have a friend who had a lesbian screen name that he used in chatrooms, then he figured out that everyone else in the room were men pretending to be lesbians, as well.

>^,^<
KITTEN
Coffee, chocolate, men . . . Some things are just better rich.

Yikes! The joke’s on me, eh? Well, it felt good anyway…

To Mike King: Good Boy! Sit! Stay! Finish this spreadsheet!

“On the edge of sleep, I awoke to a sun so bright…”

This is so funny!
I was sure Sqrlcub was a she, until recently.
I was sure neurotrashgrll was a she, then I found out he was a he, now I discover I was right the first time!ACK!
I thought Gaudere was a he
I dont know what the omni’s are…

I think:
Slythe is a he
mullinator is a he
Manhattan is a she
Azreck is a he
the new troll is a he(1420velgn)
White wolf is definately a she,

Am I close?

Shadowfox…I think ShadowVixen is perfect!

Last time my wife and I checked, Mullinator was a he. However, when Y2K hits, I expect many things to happen, including the possible switching of secondary sex organs. If that does indeed happen (long with planes getting a mind of their own, water flowing upstream, and computers only speaking Swahili) I will be sure to let everyone know.
Impressed - Kelli got my gender. That’s notch #2 on the old keyboard.

It’s not bragging if you can do it - Satchel Paige

What Diane said. Do I sound that manly? I’ve tried to sign my posts “kisses” but I keep throwing up on my keyboard. :wink:

Mike King-

I just laughed so hard I fell off my chair & hit my head on the corpse of my old computer.

Guess everyone can tell what gender I am, too, huh? What I wonder is, how much switching goes on? I mean, I personally happen to be a girl with a “girlie” username, but are there, like, GUYS with girlie usernames? (or vice versa.) I mean ones who do it on purpose, not people who are just ambiguous or whatever…is there much deception going on, does anyone think?

kelli, kelli, kelli! You obviously haven’t read all of my 446 posts… In at least a couple of them I clearly and unambiguously state that I am of the male persuasion. (Go back and check: you’ll see!) It’s probably my feminine, compassionate side that I let show in a couple of other posts that threw you off.

As for my sometimes evil twin, I couldn’t say for sure, oddly enough. But I would be more than willing to bet that he is of the same persuasion.

Kisses :wink:

Aura: WAG. Could it be as simple as the fact that it ends in “a” and that many associate this with the feminine gender? In French (and in Spanish, IIRC) the article “la” automatically accompanies a feminine noun.

Hey, my username doesn’t end with “a”; there are four more letters after that. =B^)