SDMB Poster Androginy

Maybe it was you signing stuff “kisses” that threw me off! :wink:

*kisses to you *
<font face=Symbol>kellibelli</font>

FWIW, I had you pegged from the start Aura.

My biggest confusion was with TVeblen. I thought the screen name was short for Thorstein Veblen, the economist. I read the screen names thread and (s)he confirmed that it was. Since the original was male, I just assumed.

It surprised me how often I have a mental picture of a poster – TVeblen was a skinny, older man with a short beard (that’s what he looked like in the economics book!). Now she’s a skinny older woman with a short beard.

“If you had manifested fatigue upon noticing that you had been an ass, that would have been logical, that would have been rational; whereas it seems to me that to manifest surprise was to be again an ass.”
Mark Twain
Personal Recollections of Joan of Arc

Hmm… that’s exactly how I pictured Veb, too. (She would be the subject of the OP)

I had a teensy little crush on “him” until I found out otherwise…

It figures…

Veni, Vidi, Visa … I came, I saw, I bought.

Pluto: now be nice; I do not have a beard! Sorry for the inital confusion; it just seemed like a good idea at the time to stay “gender neutral” for a while.

ChrisCTP: I’m honored, honestly. You were the first person who befriended me here, and you didn’t change when you found out I’m female.

BTW, I’m not skinny; not fat, but not skinny either. But I am really tall–just under 5’11" barefoot! I almost responded to NeuroTrash Grrl on the tall girl/short guy topic, but was still hesitating about “coming out”.

Veb

But the more important question remains. Are you and economist or an engineer? (Engineers seem to be the only non-economists who know of the work of your namesake)

Livin’ on Tums, Vitamin E and Rogaine

If either of us ever get lonely enough, I’ll change for you… :wink:

Veni, Vidi, Visa … I came, I saw, I bought.

Chris: hey, with the way life is going, it wouldn’t take a whole lot of change! I really like men, but women are where I live. I couldn’t survive without all the great women friends I have.

It’s such a PISSER! I firmly believe we’re hardwired for sexual attraction. I love men AND women, but somehow or other the stupid, nonbrain thing seems to be wired for men. If only they weren’t so COMPLICATED…

Manhattan: nope, neither an engineer nor an economist be I. (Ah, “economist” made your sensitive little radar sensors perk up…) To paraphrase our late President, “I am not a dweeb!”

Well, okay, I’m a dweeb. But I’m not an engineer or econmist dweeb!

Going to polish my polyester,
Veb

Dragging this one back up because of an exchange with Waste in the Pit…

Does everyone ELSE think I’m a guy too? Just wondering…

Nah. I just wondered whether you were vireo or buteo.

Tom~

Falcon: I’ve seen your pic. on the Homepage.

You’re all lady. :slight_smile:

You say “cheesy” like that’s a BAD thing.

(I actually do know that falcons are not buteos and vireos are not even hawks, but I always get bird families mixed up.)

Sealemon -

Aww shucks… ::scuffing heels and blushing:: Thanks, sweetie!

“You have to laugh at yourself, because you’d cry your eyes out if you didn’t.”
-Emily Saliers

Tom, aren’t you afraid someone will give you the bird for that? :slight_smile:

Confession: I enjoy stimulation of my androgenous zones.