SDMB Record Posts

Just sittin’ here wondering what’s the record for the longest single post on the SDMB? It can be counted in lines (blank lines don’t count) or number of seconds it takes to scroll through (that’s probably not very accurate, is it?).

Also, what’s the longest thread? I’m guessing the “Guy Stuff” thread is way up there. Is it 8 pages already?

And as long as we’re on the subject, who’s got the most number of posts. Didn’t someone break 1000 recently?

White Wolf

“Friends come and go, but enemies accumulate.”

If you count the old AOL board, MPSIMS was a very long thread… several thouand posts. Who is Mr Ruda Duda was also very, very long…

O p a l C a t
www.opalcat.com

I think the longest single post was Satan’s list of Scrabble words in GQ. I think it was every eligible Scrabble word ending in A, but I’m not sure. There were a ton of them. And the post after that, someone said “You misspelled one.”

That was me, Drain.

Can’t remember the word, though.

I don’t know if “Guy Stuff” is the longest thread, but I think it’s safe to say that it holds the record for the largest number of posts during the shortest amount of time since I got here, at least.

God is dead. -Nietzsche
Nietzsche is dead. -God
Neitzsche is God. -Dead

The Kansas vote subject has more posts than the Guy subject.

Generally, anything that doesn’t have a known answer gets the most posts.