SDMB Weight Loss Club, October 2008

Hey all

I haven’t weighed myself. My body is keeping to its lovely equilibrium of 170-ish. I’m not fussing too much about it.

I’m continuing with yoga 1-2 times per week and I have begun the Couch to 5K running plan.

I’ve gone back to actual meetings for Weight Watchers, so that’ll be my weekly weigh. Not much point weighing myself day to day to see no change over and over.

Link to last month: SDMB Weight Loss Club, September 2008 - Miscellaneous and Personal Stuff I Must Share - Straight Dope Message Board

God, it’s October already?

Well, I’m hovering around my goal weight, a little less, actually, because Taxol kills your appetite. I’ve only got two more rounds of chemo, though, so this should be done soon.

And my monthly plug for www.sparkpeople.com. I credit them 100% with my weight loss this summer. Tracking my calories really got me on track!

Wow, it’s October already? What happened to September?

I lost 2 pounds since last week, and am at a new low weight of 174.8. I’m shooting for a mini-goal of 168 by Thanksgiving. Let’s see if I make it.

Fug it, I’m in. I need to lose 20 pounds so I guess in order to make that achievable I’ll shoot for a pound a week. Damn that seems like a long time! Time to take all the clothing off the exercise bike.

We’re going to have to change your name.

Don’t be so wishy-washy. You can do it!

Well, my daughter and I have been doing our own version of couch to 5K in that we’re running and walking in intervals though not timing it as specifically as that plan, more like counting steps which seems to be working. We push ourselves to go a little further each week.

My weight as of this morning at WW is 163.4 so I’ve lost 13.2 lbs since I started the program. My long term goal is to be a lifetime member and a WW leader some day. I figure that’ll keep me on track for the rest of my life.

I still struggle with eating and drinking at parties. Drinking leads to unrestrained eating so I’m better if I just don’t drink but where’s the fun in that? :stuck_out_tongue:

Hey Kat you can totally do it by thanksgiving!

I’m glad the chemo is almost over Ivylass I got my mammogram results this week and the girls are healthy. Thanks again for the reminder to make my appointment.

Happy losing everyone.

I gained 5.2 pounds in September, and felt no guilt over it. I moved and I was super-stressed. But I got back on the WW wagon last week, and lost 3.2 pounds.

Today: 210
August 24: 208
Sometime within a few days of that, I briefly dipped down to 206, which is my true low. Now that’s only 4 pounds away and I can get back to real loss.

Total weight loss to date: 40 pounds.

How about Hungry ?

Don’t be silly. You don’t need to be hungry to lose weight. Just cut down your meat and starches and start moving a little more.

I’m sending your cat brain waves to hide.

I suppose, usually when I start working out my calorie intake increases to match my additional output and I stay even. I’ll just have to be more aware of what I’m cramming down my gullet. Veggies here I come. Cats are veggies right?

Excellent news. You have to squish the boobies to save the boobies!

No. Vegetables don’t scratch your furniture or pee on your bed. Or move, of their own accord.

Hm… By that definition, my cat is a vegetable.

Things have continued to progress for me. I’ve actually cut down on the number of days per week at the Y to probably 4-5, mainly due to time constraints, but the “diet” continues on.

1/26/08: 338.0 lbs
10/4/08: 229.8 lbs
Goal: ~200 lbs

Everyone keep up the good work!

Wow, I can’t believe September is already gone! I haven’t weighed myself yet but tomorrow I am participating in the Walk for the Cure for Diabetes, so I will be walking 6.2 miles with hundreds of other people. My boyfriend is going too and I have already apologized in advance for the complaining he will have to endure in the last couple of miles. :stuck_out_tongue:

Then you should eat it.

:smiley:

I’ve been a long time lurker on this thread and just admire the hell out of all of you for how well you’re doing and how much support you offer. I find myself in need. Since New Year’s Day, I’ve picked up 18 pounds…not a huge amount, by some standards, but I’m just 5’2" and adding about a fifth of my entire weight to myself is very uncomfortable. Luckily (I guess) I carry it mostly in my belly (and boobs!), which is sort of easy to hide, but I only have one pair of pants that fits. It doesn’t help that I quit smoking eight months ago, either. I just can’t make myself stop pigging out late at night, but today is the day! Gonna have a nice baked tilapia, some smashed potatoes and a salad. Probably a couple glasses of wine as well. Then…I’m done! Last bite of supper…last bite for the night! I know I’ve been saying that for awhile, but I have to be right eventually, and it might as well be tonight! I’d love to be back down to my New Year’s Day weight by 10/15 (my b-day weekend,) but I realize there’s no way. Halfway there will be ok, I guess. So…10 lbs in 3 weeks? Tough, but doable! Here I go!

Not to worry you Hazle, but carrying your weight in your belly, for a woman, is very not good. “Apple-shaped,” from what I understand, means you’re more at risk for diabetes, heart disease, and stroke. It’s very wise that you’re taking steps to resolve this…good luck, and if you like, look me up on sparkpeople.com. My user name is the same, and I found the Nutrition Tracker extremely helpful in staying within my calorie range.

197.5, in the right direction again. Would still like 175 by Christmas but that may be tricky. It’s been a long time since I last had to try to lose weight from this figure, though.