SDMB World of Warcraft guild recruiting!

You could start a new character on Cairne, just to see how much fun we are. Leveling is so easy these days, anyway. Or pick your favorite character to transfer, if $25 is within your budget.

With recent transfers, alts, and new toons, it looks like we might be shaping up to be a guild full of hunters and warlocks. Not that there’s anything wrong with that. In fact, I can’t wait until we warlocks can do battlegrounds together as a mini-premade. Pwn4ge!

Rulca, you may well surpass my level this week, as I’m swamped with work and such. I suspect the new patch will be coming out tomorrow (has anyone heard?), in which case I won’t be able to play until I find time to study the new talent trees (and pet trees).

Damn, and I thought I was gonna catch up to again soon!

Yeticalayla, lvl 38 Blood Elf Retribution Paladin. I think Rulca and Yeticalayla will be the most experienced paladins once we pass Omed (Demo’s alt) at 41. I hope to be worthy of tanking as well.

I haven’t seen the downloader agent doing its thing and crashing my system all weekend, so I’m being optimistic and assuming they’re not pushing a still-horribly-imbalanced nerf patch out this week. That whole “when it’s ready” rule of thumb works better in years in which nobody else puts out a competitive game coughWARcough.

One of my buddies transferred his 70 paladin tank over to the PTR, respecced, and soloed Durn and a Fel Reaver just to see if he could. So, might be maybe still some balance issues…

I hope all goes well work wise. :slight_smile:

I tend to bust through a few levels on a weekend and then slow during the week, so I think you will catch up. :slight_smile:

I have a horde hunter on a PvE server, stuck there with no guild and no friends, I might transfer him and join up in the next few days.

Get Wowmatrix, it will update ALL your mods as often as you like. Great stuff.

Oakhorn is now a bear-cub. Took a couple of dirtnaps, but eventually solo’d the level 12 mob for the quest to earn my fur, so to speak. Tommorrow’s agenda is to wrap up questing in Mulgore, and maybe go exploring in the Barrens…pick up the flight paths at Crossroads and Org, that kinda thing.

I normally hit the BGs at level 19 to gear up a bit, but I’m thinking I may skip that on this toon in favor of leveling faster. Or maybe just doing enough pvp to get 1-2 pieces of gear instead of everything available. I figure I can prolly start tanking RFC around what…level 15ish? Then maybe WC around 18? Deadmines at 20, SFK 23ish?

Are lowbie groups even happening on this server? I’m traditionally a soloist, but figure if I’m gonna tank end game eventually, I should prolly get used to the mechanics early.

I’ve noticed it may take a bit of time to get a lowbie group going on this server - at least for Rulca. But then I have been known to look for them at the WORST times (Saturday at 8:00 a.m. anyone?)

But they are happening - you just need patience. I personally don’t like to lead groups, so recently I’ve been just getting on the lfg channel and then questing until someone sends me a tell.

I’ve got a level 26 priest on the server (Psyche, have to join her to the guild some day!), so when you get to your twenties you have a designated healer if you need. :slight_smile:

Askance,
If you are able to make it, welcome! :slight_smile:

Oakie, I’ve got a L16 hunter in Barrens (Joreb) and I’m always up for an instance - I still have a quest for RFC to do.

Also, my friend and I play a Pally / Priest combo on Wednesday nights and we are levels 16/15 right now. We’re going to try to get an RFC group together tomorrow night so we’ll look for you if you’re interested.

For those thinking of rolling new toons on Cairne, we have a guild bank with tons of bags and gear and junk to get you started out. If you’re a confirmed doper(confirmed being something like Oakminster messaging me, “Hey, do you know where I can get some 1920s style death rays?”) you’ll have immediate access to the bank, and we’ll get you some startup capital as well. It sucks starting a new toon on a new server with no bags or gold, I know, so that won’t be a problem with you.

I started playing Warhammer recently and, starting out, I had to relearn all sorts of things, which made me realize how much WoW stuff has become second nature to me. So, if you’ve never played before, the best way to find one of us in game is to do the following:

/who burning dog

Then pick a name from the list of people it shows and,

/w [name] Hey, I’m from the SDMB
(no brackets)

And we’ll invite you.

Hey Oak, or any new players,

Let me know if you need a portal to major cities. That way you can cut down on some major running times. Or you can set your hearth to Shattrath so you can quickly get from continent to continent once/hr.

BTW I’m Rottingbird… (or you can even bother Strongbird or Healingbird

Cool deal. May not be able to make it or worth much tommorrow evening. Got court out of town in the morning, brain already fried from finishing a brief in a related case today. Will try, but if I miss it, I’ll get in on something with ya soon.

It’s looking like Monday nights are good for doing things with guildies. A lot of us were on.

We took out the Brewfest Boss four out of our five tries. I got a nice attack-power trinket out of that was a huge upgrade for me.

Afterwards, we headed into Sethekk Halls. It was fun, although we wiped a couple times. The Charm totems that were used against us were nasty. It mind controls a player to attack your party. I was blowing long cool-downs and chain-healing for the bad guys. :frowning: But we won in the end, and got the drops we were looking for.