Seeking advice - moral support of divorcing child

It does help, and is something I’ve considered, but not tried. She has one very close friend there who is doing a lot to help, but not to the extent that your friend has. Perhaps a direct request to her is in order, but I hate to impose. They’ve only known each other three years. She’s already doing more than I would expect. I’ve only met her passingly.
Unfortunately, there really is no one else. I have one other child, a son, but they are not close, he’s here, and this is not the type of thing he deals well with.
Thank you for your kind wishes. I suspect we’ll continue to need them!

Would you mind elaborating on what you mean, about your son not dealing well with this type of thing? Like, he doesn’t like changes in routine, or like he’s not compassionate about other people’s pain?

I hope you can get it through her head that continuing in this situation is far, far worse for her children than a divorce. Exponentially worse.

purplehorseshoe,
Sorry for the delayed response, limited access time.

I don’t mind. He’s a very compassionate person, perhaps too much so. He has mental health issues and stress has profound effects on his well being and ability to function within the realm of normal. And yes, changes in routine are also very difficult for him to deal with. Also, he and his sister are polar opposites in personality, so for him it’s often hard to understand where she is coming from.

This may sound harsh but children of divorced parents isn’t that big of deal anymore. Make sure she knows that.

It’s funny, a few years ago I was talking to a friend of mine. She mentioned that she had to move in with her Mom and Dad. I replied: “Your parents are still married?” to which she says: “Yeah, my parents are weird.” :smiley: