Sell your soul to the devil

No, not our beloved Brian aka Satan. Why would anyone really want to do something like this. Is your soul actually capable of being subletted to any other form? Personally, I don’t believe it…now. In my younger and crazier days I thought it was capable.

If anyone has had experiences with “selling their soul” I would love to hear them. If there is interest I will tell another personal story about said topic.

HUGS!
Sqrl

Gasoline: As an accompaniement to cereal it made a refreshing change. Glen Baxter

This call for empirical testing. I tell you what, Sqrlcub, I’ll sell you my soul for 100 bucks. Do with it what you will. In a year, we’ll talk again and see if the exchange changed my life at all. Or yours, for that matter.

“I should not take bribes and Minister Bal Bahadur KC should not do so either. But if clerks take a bribe of Rs 50-60 after a hard day’s work, it is not an issue.” ----Krishna Prasad Bhattarai, Current Prime Minister of Nepal

This should be a risk free oppurtunity for the athiest. what have they got to lose?

We live in an age that reads to much to be wise, and thinks too much to be beautiful–Oscar Wilde

Sqlcub, don’t listen to Lucky. My soul is only $99.99, and it’s never been used. :slight_smile:

La franchise ne consiste pas à dire tout ce que l’on pense, mais à penser tout ce que l’on dit.
H. de Livry

And metroshane, actually I do believe an atheist can “sell their soul to the devil.” By that, I mean abandoning principles you hold dear for a temporary, mercenary advantage.

La franchise ne consiste pas à dire tout ce que l’on pense, mais à penser tout ce que l’on dit.
H. de Livry

I always thought the expression should be “trading your soul to the Devil” since the Devil rarely pays you money for your soul. Usually you just get a special gift, which might be very valuable, but is hardly legal tender for all debts…

Any similarity in the above text to an English word or phrase is purely coincidental.

Anyone willing to sell me their soul for five bucks like Bart did to Milhouse? Send me an email at paganbearcub@hotmail.com with the requisite information and I will buy 1 soul. :slight_smile: Could be a free five bucks for one lucky person.

HUGS!
Sqrl

Gasoline: As an accompaniement to cereal it made a refreshing change. Glen Baxter

BTW, The bargain price of around $100 sounds like it would be much to pure for me. :wink:

HUGS again!
Sqrl

No no no. The $100 ones are the mucked up ones. If you want a pure soul, it’s gonna cost you big bucks.

“I should not take bribes and Minister Bal Bahadur KC should not do so either. But if clerks take a bribe of Rs 50-60 after a hard day’s work, it is not an issue.” ----Krishna Prasad Bhattarai, Current Prime Minister of Nepal

Seen on a bumper sticker/tee shirt:

“Jesus saves souls! And redeems them for valuable cash prizes.”

Actually, the whole “selling your soul” bit is pretty contradictory to established Christian theology. I wonder how the idea got started?

Maybe it started with the tradition of the Irish “sin eaters”?–know what I’m talking about?

DHR

Selling souls to Satan happens all the time.

I offer as proof last year’s win by Altanta over Minnesota in the playoffs.

(Ok, ok, this is Great Debates. I won’t crack wise anymore.)

Except for this: If Navy wins, Annapolis is going to need one huge exorcism.

OK! OK! I’m leaving now!

::smacks Rysdad::

Sorry…had to be done. I’ll take this troublemaker off your hands now…

“Men are from Earth, women are from Earth. Deal with it.” - George Carlin

Two for the price of one sale!
Buy my soul for $59.95 and I will throw in my aura at no extra cost to you!

Actually, the whole “selling your soul” bit is pretty contradictory to established Christian theology. I wonder how the idea got started?

I don’t remember the title, but I think I heard that a long time ago, someone wrote a book about someone who sells his soul to the devil.

Falcon hit me! Right here. :::pointing:::

Anyway, I just checked Ebay. Nothing in the way of souls.

What gives any of you the impression I even WANT your souls?

:smiley:

Yer pal,
Satan

Satan, don’t be such a twit.* You’ve got to take the souls that come your way, whether you want them or not. So if we don’t go to heaven, you’re stuck with us.

• Saddam Hussein, from the South Park movie.

tracer, great T-shirt. I’ll trade you a “Jesus died for my sins, and all I got was this lousy T-shirt” for it, if you’ve got one…