Sen. John McCain has Died

He also wanted George W. Bush to speak.

Did McCain speak up about Obama’s Supreme Court nominee not being given a hearing?

Trump made a statement:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/m.huffpost.com/us/entry/us_5b8038a4e4b0cd327dfc699a/amp

At least he didn’t cover himself with disgrace this time.

Same here.

He will.

I disagreed with John McCain on many issues, but I appreciated his dedication to collegiality to the end.

In addition to his concession speech, McCain made a speech to donors in October 2008 (I was unable to locate it on youtube) that I saw this past week praising Obama’s historic run that moved me to tears.

Our nation will miss him.

He served his country as he best saw fit, from the pits of captivity to the halls of power. What he saw as best was not necessarily what I would, and no man is perfect and when the stakes are high mistakes are magnified; but as was said earlier, it was the disagreement of a committed opponent, not of a hated enemy.

May his family find strength and comfort.

Did he help or hinder single payer health care?
How did he vote on lowering taxes on the wealthy?
As I said, I honor him for staying in a NV POW camp when they offered to release him, but a pretty snake is still a snake.

Same here. I was undecided in 2008, until I looked at Palin. She’s the one who pretty much lost McCain my vote.

I give him a big pass for staying in a North Vietnamese hellhole when he could have propaganda’d himself out based on his father. I didn’t always agree with him, and there were a few skeletons in the closet. That said: fair winds sailor

However, when Eddie Munster held up that disingenuously titled “American Health Care Act” designed to kill Obamacare, Captain Wetstart sided with Lisa and Susan to abort it.

Rest in peace, Senator.

His death has hit me particular hard. The husband of a close friend of mine has the same type of cancer and last week he decided to discontinue treatment.

Fucking cancer did what the goddamn North Vietnamese couldn’t do.

What a life this guy had. Jumping from his aircraft as flames race toward him and bombs ignite on the deck of The Forrestal, getting shot down, beaten and tortured. Kept himself alive and eventually ran for the President of the United States.

What a story. Whatever you think of his politics, he’s someone to admire, in my book.

On the other hand, I fully expect Trump to say something totally classless on Twitter (if he hasn’t already).

I had a lot more respect for MCain than I do for the vast majority of Republicans. RIP Senator.

McCain asked both Obama and GW Bush to do so. Trump will not attend.

RIP.

Whatever else there is to say about John McCain as a politician, war hero, etc., I thought he was pretty good as an SNL host.

So he requested that the guy who whooped him in the 2000 GOP presidential primary-- whose campaign utilized some very questionable smear techniques-- and the guy who whooped him hard in the 2008 presidential election, to give his eulogy. But the current president isn’t even invited.

That says something.

McCain encounter with a self proclaimed “fake reporter” on the campaign trail showing a good sense of humor at an opportunity to take a shot at Karl Rove.

Was Trump not invited? Or does he simply choose not to attend? I don’t know how Trump would dare to show his face when he said that he prefered “Heroes” who didn;t get captured.

McCain specifically said he doesn’t want Trump to attend.

I may not have agreed with his politics, but he was a decent man.

Godspeed, sir.