Series you've recently watched, are now watching or have given up on

There is a serious The lack of The abusing of The speech with this one, you’re right, friend Darren. :slight_smile:

I tried Doom Patrol, but I didn’t last the entire first season. I lost interest somewhere around the sentient street.

Also, no Silkie. Why Krypto, but no Silkie?

I found out on Thursday that the 8th (and next to last) season of Wentworth is available on Netflix. Watched all eps over the weekend. Kind of a guilty pleasure, I guess, but I do love me some Aussie prison melodrama.

I just started watching Long way up , where Renton/General Kenobi and a friend are going to ride a couple of electric motor bikes from Ushuia at the tip of south America up to california.

First episode in and it’s engaging, McGregor is an affable person and the challenge is huge. I am not a motorbike person , and I haven’t seen the other two on the series (long way around and long way down). So far no blindingly obvious stupid setup situations like the Top gear/grand tour stuff.

What I find incredible is the fact that McGregor friend has had several harrowing motorcycle accidents in which he nearly lost his life and he continues to participate in these epic rides as he does.

Wasn’t aware there was a third installment; thanks. The first two were very good entertainment. I like Charlie B better than Ewan, but you know me.

Same here. We loved the first two series and I didn’t know there was a third. Unfortunately, looks like it is only available on Apple TV for now so we’ll have to wait to watch.

I think the point is that she’s getting it from both sides - the “woke mob” terrorizing the faculty and administration, and the entrenched (and clueless) establishment figures still perpetuating institutionalized bigotry. Plus her few allies in the middle going off the deep end themselves.

For sure. It’s layered and does a good job of skewering social, cultural and institutional absurdities, across the spectrum.

My wife and I keep struggling to finish the last seasons of Silicon Valley and Kim’s Convenience if only to satisfy our completest nature and are finding it harder and harder. For both the jokes are played out, the writers don’t seem to have anything else for the characters to do, and everyone seems to be waiting to cash their check.

It makes me sad, similar to every time I look at my Steam library filled with games I once adored, but the magic has gone.

Just finished season 5 of The Rifleman. I was really impressed by Johnny Crawford, who played Mark McCain, Lucas McCain’s son. For five years he played a character who grew up on the show from age 12 to 17.

Just started the new series Only Murders in the Building starring Steve Martin, Martin Short, and Short Gomez…I mean Selina Gomez.

We’re still slogging through “Fauda”, near the end of season 2. These folks are often just too stupid to live, it seems. And the 5mph car chases are just laughable.

One of my most memorable episodes is where one of Mark’s friends is killed while they were playing with a rifle (the rifle?) and the whole episode was about how Mark needed to just get over it and start using guns again.

Sorry should have mentioned it was apple TV. Charlie is growing in me , amazingly expressive face that says everything. I lived in Argentina for 4 years and didn’t make it down further tha Rio Gallegos and now really regret not making some more vacation time. The north and salt flats should look fantastic when they get there though.
Two other thoughts

1. , never been a motor bike guy ( I mountain bike) but this really makes me want one of those electric bikes and take a road trip with the wife.
  2. the apple tv user interface sucks more donkey balls than anything that has ever sucked donkey balls. Trying to get from the end of one episode to the next requires about 6 clicks on the remote, and if it is a season 2 episode for some other shows , requires even more. I am using a rather old apple tv puck though , so it may be that.

^ Electric bikes? Too fuckin’ cool! I’ve got to see this show! Fortunately, I’m a very patient person (My wife is snickering her head off!).

So I shouldn’t mention about the Rivian SUVs the support team use, serial numbers 0001 and 0002 that Rivian rushed to get ready for the show , and the charging network Rivian set up on the route or what Harley D did for the bikes as first prototypes , because that was kind of ok as well.

:slight_smile:

But the stars , at the risk of sounding really corny, are the random people they meet who just help out. For sure there is some scouting done by the production team and getting stuff lined up at the major stops, but a whole lot of unexpected help along the way.

Not corny at all; the real charm of this series is how spontaneous it seems – there’s no 75-man crew and semis and tour buses and 5-star hotels. And yes, the folks they encounter seem genuine. I don’t doubt for a second they don’t know who Ewan is but they take it in stride. Good for them.

Your previous post about the SUVs and the charging network, etc., well, that’s just cruel teasing me that way! Good night to you, sir! :rofl: :wink: