"Sessions presents" on old K-tel 70s hit comp album ads- what the hell does it mean?

That about sums it up -anyone know?

I always understood it to mean that a company called “Sessions” was the producer of the album. That may or may not be the correct answer.

That makes sense- I always thought it meant “these songs were produced during (recording) sessions” which I thought was an odd thing to highlight, as all songs are produced during (recording) sessions.

I think “Sessions” and “K-Tel” were two different record labels. Sessions was founded circa 1973, and owned by Audio Research, Inc. of Chicago. The trademark expired circa 1994, and is now used by a different record company in California.

My brother owns a lot of these “best of” albums (yes, that’s right – vinyl albums from the 70’s. Great for a trip down memory lane.

…Run, Joey, Run, Joey, Runnnn…
(Daddy please don’t, it wasn’t his fault, he means so much to meeeee…)

My first album ever was K-Tel’s Starflight. It had a rainbow on the cover, in front of a starry black sky. It included such hits as

“Pop Muzik” by M, one of the main reasons for getting it as I LOVED that song!
“Reunited” Peaches and Herb
“Sad Eyes” by Robert John
'Blue Morning Blue Day" by Foreigner
Good God, here it is on eBay! I would have said 1980, but yep, I was 11 in 1979 so that’s about right. “Purchased from a New England estate” Heh!

What the heck kind of a nutty album combines “Pop Muzik” and “Sad Eyes”?

My first K-Tel album (okay, it was really my brother’s) had such hits as “Sylvia’s Mother” , “Brandy” and my favorite, “Drift Away”. There was also a song by Rod Stewart(Maggie May possibly?) and my mom always said the singer sounded like he was dying a slow, painful death. I tried looking it up but couldn’t pin down that particular album. Anyone remember which one I’m talking about?

[QUOTE=gigi]
My first album ever was K-Tel’s Starflight. It had a rainbow on the cover, in front of a starry black sky. It included such hits as

“Pop Muzik” by M, one of the main reasons for getting it as I LOVED that song!
“Reunited” Peaches and Herb
“Sad Eyes” by Robert John
'Blue Morning Blue Day" by Foreigner
Good God, here it is on eBay! I would have said 1980, but yep, I was 11 in 1979 so that’s about right. “Purchased from a New England estate” Heh!
[/QUOTE]

Holy crap, I had that one! :smiley:

[QUOTE=WOOKINPANUB]
What the heck kind of a nutty album combines “Pop Muzik” and “Sad Eyes”?

…and my mom always said the singer sounded like he was dying a slow, painful death. I tried looking it up but couldn’t pin down that particular album. Anyone remember which one I’m talking about?
[/QUOTE]

That could be any song by Bobby Goldsborough(sp!?) :smiley:

This was my first. Looney Tunes. Still have it floating around somewhere but I don’t have a turntable. I’d love to have it on CD so I can once again delight to such hits as “I Love Onions” and “My Old Man’s a Dustman.”

Seriously, I love this record. MOMAD has my very favorite joke ever: What’s green, has eight legs and would kill you if it fell on you from out of a tree? A billiard table.

I had that one too (or my sister had it, can’t remember for sure). Don’t remember the name of it though.

[QUOTE=WOOKINPANUB]
What the heck kind of a nutty album combines “Pop Muzik” and “Sad Eyes”?

My first K-Tel album (okay, it was really my brother’s) had such hits as “Sylvia’s Mother” , “Brandy” and my favorite, “Drift Away”. There was also a song by Rod Stewart(Maggie May possibly?) and my mom always said the singer sounded like he was dying a slow, painful death. I tried looking it up but couldn’t pin down that particular album. Anyone remember which one I’m talking about?
[/QUOTE]

It looks like it was K-Tel’s Believe in Music from 1972?

MAGGIE MAY-ROD STEWART, SEALED WITH A KISS-BOBBY VINTON, GYPSYS, TRAMPS & THIEVES-CHER, SYLVIA’S MOTHER-DR. HOOK

(There’s also a K-Tel Believe in Music from 1996 but it has only ten tracks)

Here’s the full Starflight list:

Sad Eyes - Robert John
Lead Me On - Maxine Nightingale
Blue Morning, Blue Day - Foreigner
I Want You To Want Me - Cheap Trick
Escape - Rupert Holmes
Lonesome Loser - Little River Band
Just When I Needed You Most - Randy Van Warmer
When Your In Love With A Beautiful Woman - Dr. Hook
Before My Heat Finds Out - Gene Cotton
Kiss You All Over - Exile

Dr. Hook got around! Of course I loved “Escape” as well..IF YOU LIKE PINA COLADAS! It got played at roller skating parties…

[QUOTE=gigi]
Here’s the full Starflight list:
[/QUOTE]
Serves me right for copying without looking first. Of course it should be “When You’re in Love with a Beautiful Woman” and “Before My Heart Finds Out” (which I have no recollection of).

BTW, I never got the double entendre of “When you’re in love with a beautiful woman, it’s hard” until like two years ago. :smack:

That’s it! Thanks so much, gigi!