Shameless self-promotion of my new book on TV comedy

Ho! Ho! Ho! Here’s the perfect holiday gift for anyone interested in TV comedy: my new book is packed with
laugh-out-loud anecdotes, candid admissions, and valuable insights from the writers and/or creators of such
classic shows as The Honeymooners, The Dick Van Dyke Show, All in the Family, Mary Tyler Moore, Cheers,
Taxi, Frasier, and Seinfeld. The forewords are by Ed Asner and Carol Kane.

But don’t just take my recommendation for it: the book is endorsed by Jay Leno, Paula Poundstone,
Richard Lewis (Curb Your Enthusiasm), Fred Willard (Fernwood Tonight), Mike Farrell (MASH),
and Valerie Harper and Georgia Engel (Mary Tyler Moore).

The book is a tribute to my dad who wrote for such shows as The Honeymooners, The Gale Storm Show,
and The Flintstones. The title is <deleted>.

Thanks for checking it out! :slight_smile:

Before someone comes along to label this a spam, which by the OP’s admission it probably is, and because the OP will probably never post again, I have to say it looks like a fine book.

There is plenty to preview at <link deleted> and there are a lot of great anecdotes and insights.

It’s a bit rich that the Kindle costs nearly the same as the hardback here in Australia though.

[Moderating]
If you wish to self-promote your works, you are welcome to do so in the Marketplace forum, as long as you first purchase a membership. Since you do not have a paid membership, and since this is not the Marketplace, this thread is closed.

My apologies; I didn’t see that you had already asked about this in ATMB. Re-opened.

I see why you might think this, but check out the join date. Ironically, Newtosite is not actually new to this site.

That’s kind of, “Bummer of a birthmark, Hal,” in a username way.

And has 161 posts. We would not be willing to allow such a post by a member who joined solely to promote their book.

So if the thread is allowed, can we get the title of the book? :smiley:

Glad I came back to find the thread re-opened. :slight_smile:

The title is Sitcom Writers Talk Shop: Behind the Scenes with Carl Reiner, Norman Lear,
and Other Geniuses of TV Comedy. The publisher is Rowman & Littlefield.

Thank you for your kind words, don’t ask!

The book is currently on sale online (23% off plus a 10% off coupon), but that won’t last long. :slight_smile:

It looks like someone may be pirating your book here.

Commasense,

Thank you! I’ll alert my publisher. :slight_smile:

Commasense, my publisher’s looking into it. Thanks again!