Shameless solicitation from a poster (almost) nobody knows!

I tried. I can’t do it from afar.

Ditto, ditto, and ditto. :slight_smile: Good luck!

Looks like I can support you from Canada, and I did. Vote 191. Good luck.

I’m #192!

This is awesome, y’all. We’re almost at 200! However, I must now go and send 100 chickens on to their next life (or is that lives).
I’ll check back later this afternoon when we break.
Thank you, thank you, thank you!

I was highly skeptical when I saw the title of this thread, but you’re promoting a cause I’m proud to support, so I voted (and will continue my conscientious grocery shopping as well).

Done. Glad to help.

#209 here. Good luck!

I found the thread on google and it is at Ask the Pastured Poultry Farmer - Miscellaneous and Personal Stuff I Must Share - Straight Dope Message Board

Also, jlzania, I don’t mention this as a pedant or whatever - but to genuinely be helpful. On http://www.dhfarms.com/ourproducts.htm the fourth paragraph’s first sentence, "Our chickens range from usually range from 3 to 6 pounds per bird. " is wrong.

May I have some free chicken for pointing that out :wink:

Voted but I don’t know what number I am. Good luck! :slight_smile:

Well rats, I wanted to vote again, but I guess it’s only one per person, not one per day :frowning:

That just means everyone else needs to jump in and vote! JLZ’s a good egg (mmm, bad pun, sorry) and she and her husband work so hard for this, they really deserve this boost.

Go Vote!

I wish all my ex-chickens came from Texas. I have had the honor of visiting Dewberry Farms and can attest to how hard-working Jane and Terry are and how humane the Cecils are raised. (And how tasty they are as well.)

Totally agree with saje about how deserving you guys are so really hoping you get the grant.

If you want to support family farming in a different geographic area:

Kistaco Farm
Apollo, PA.

They are a cool family farm trying to make ends meet!:cool:

The chickens are restless! Posting to remind myself to vote after work.

i voted! I think i was 219 or so. Plenty of room for more votes. I remember that thread about pastured chickens. I still want to read it as pasteurized.

I remember that thread and thought it was fantastic. I’m a poor cheap bastard though and buy tortured chicken carcasses at the Mexican market.

Nevertheless I’m vote number 222!

We’re really close-28 votes more and we’ve qualified!
As I’ve said all along, it’s a long shot but it’s a shot.
Last night I asked Terry what he would do if he answered the phone and it was from someone from Chase saying that we’d won and a repesentative was on the way with a check.
His reply-“Need directions?”

I will vote for your friends this afternoon Kayaker when I get done with my chores.

Good dogs! Good dogs!

If I recall correctly, Noodles Fellicini, you spent the afternoon slogging feed and water and rounding up escaped birds while you were here.

I appreciate your pointing that out,Confused dart cum. A friend of mine maintains our web page in exchange for free birds. I’ll ask her to correct it. Alas, unless you can make it to the farmers market in Austin, there’s no affordable way to ship you a chicken. UPS and FedEx quoted me something like $65.00 for overnight delivery of a 4 pounder.

Thanks again to all that have voted thus far. I have a very busy day ahead but I’ll check back later.

SO close!

C’mon folks, go vote! Help a smart and hard working Doper out!

Hope votes from India count too. I arranged a vote for you.

Now, send me the chicken.:wink: