Share your "One Pot" recipes.

Looking for recipes that can be prepared in one pot. Because really, who has time for dishes? :slight_smile:

Jambalaya

Coq au Vin stew:

• Get one of those “Slow Cooker Sauces” that is some form of “Red Wine Sauce.”

• Brown some chopped onion, celery and carrots

• Add some chopped chicken meat - I use everything to frozen chicken fingers to leftover grilled chicken - maybe a pound.

• Add some chicken spinach sausage - 1 package

• Brown with garlic and fresh rosemary - lots of both

• Put in one of thoser bags of red potatoes and some mushrooms

• Add the red wine sauce, a can of beef stock and a can of Campbell’s mushroom soup.

Simmer on low for a long as you can stand - at least a couple of hours.

I have to keep the family from dipping bread into it while it is cooking. I don’t know where they learned that from :wink:

24 Dump Dinners You Can Make In A Crock Pot. Haven’t tried any of those myself, but I bookmarked the page.

There’s always pot roast or meatloaf. Not technically ‘pots’, but only one pan.

Casserole roast chicken:

In a big dutch oven, sear a chicken breast-side down in a film of oil until the breast is nicely browned. Remove it, and place a bunch of cut-up vegies in the bottom of the pot: carrots, taters, celery, onions. Replace chicken, breast-side up, on top of the veg. Season it a bit. Add no liquid. Put the lid on and put it in the oven at 340 for one hour or until the thigh registers 165 degrees on a thermometer.

The vegies and chicken will have given off enough liquid to make a flavorful broth which, after defatting, is wonderful spooned over the carved-up chicken.

I was all set to say Woody Harrelson. That’s just not fair…

Season a beef roast with salt and pepper (and any other seasonings you might want, such as onions and garlic). Put into a slow cooker on High, or into a heavy pot or Dutch oven on low heat. When it pulls apart with a fork, drain off the liquid, shred with a fork, and mix in BBQ sauce. Make sandwiches.