She-ra! She-ra! "I am She-ra!"

Heheheeheh! A friend of mine had the She-Ra movie (the animated one, not the cheesy live action) still in decent condition and I watched it again. hahaha what a fun, original, but truly corny show that was! Particularly her theme song when she’d transform into She-Ra. I had all the She-ra dolls when I was a kid, except Bow (Bo?).

There was a live-action She-Ra movie? Are you sure you aren’t thinking of the live-action (although both “live” and “action” are misnomers) He-Man movie with Dolph Lundgren and an I’m sure thoroughly embarrassed Courtney Cox?

I liked watching She-Ra every once in a while when I was younger. I thought Bow was hot. Yes, he was a cartoon but he was still a hottie.

I used to watch the cartoon regularly with my little sister. I remember that at least once an episode She-Ra found herself in a sitution that she had to “time. this. just. right!”

–Cliffy

I am She-Ra, Princess of Power.

I had all the figures, the Swift Wind horse and the pink castle. All my friends were so jealous, they didnt have a castle.

I loved that show so much! I was always confused as to why my brother’s He-Man figures were so much larger than She-Ra. They couldn’t ever play together even though they were brother and sister.

I had a pearlescent magical swan. Why do I remember this crap?

She-Ra was the best. I think we had the castle, I’m not sure. But I know we had She-Ra, Frosta, Mermista, Bo, and a few others. Remember on the Bo doll how he had a heart you could pump with a button on the back?
hmm, I just talked about pumping Bo. that ain’t right!

I thought She-Ra and He-Man were cousins, not brother and sister.

Nope, they were long lost brother and sister.

I had Starburst She-Ra and Crystal Swift Wind, myself. To go along with my He-Man and Battle-Cat. I was a big fan of both shows. And, you know, still am.

I had the Starburst She-Ra and Crystal Swift Wind (I’d forgotten that name, so thanks) too, as well as the castle. I can’t remember which other figures I had - I think the mermaid, but I’m not sure what others. I also dressed up as She-Ra for Halloween one year, so I had my very own plastic mask, shield and glow-in-the-dark sword. Unfortunately I got rid of all of it when my family moved when I was 13.

She-Ra was cool.

Hehe I just watched that movie a couple of weeks ago! Its so corny, but so fun, too! I don’t remember what toys I had - surely He-man and She-ra, and likely Battle Cat and I seem to remember having Swift Wind, but I had a lot of horse toys, so who knows?

I had Spirit/Swiftwind, She-Ra, Glimmer, and Starburst She-Ra.

One year, I was She-Ra for Halloween, borrowing the costume from my cousin, who had been She-Ra the year before. I won first place for best costume in my Girl Scout Troop AND Best Costume in my classroom.
Also, that year, my cousin went as Jem. I still have a picture of the two of us around here somewhere.

Yeah, I was thinking of the live action he-man movie. But the one I saw the other day was the animated “Secret of the SWord” one.

Man, I miss my She-Ra toys. I don’t have any of them anymore. But, at a point in time, I had:

She-Ra, Starburst She-Ra, Catra, a special Catra (that had a hissing noise when you twisted her waist), Castaspella, Glimmer, Angella, Mermista, Frosta (my favorite), one that looked like a bee, one that looked like a peacock, Perfuma (had a flower costume), and an evil character that had very long twisted braids that she apparently used to trap people with. I think her name was Entrapta or something. I also had a giant pearled pink seahorse thing for Mermista. My parents seemed to only get me the girl characters from everything, since I also had many Barbies but no Kens. Weird.

Ah, memories. I am half tempted to buy these dolls again off of Ebay, but I’m not sure what I’d do with them now. Play with them? Probably not. I could give them to my daughter but she’d just destroy them. Oh well. Thankfully, I still have my entire My Little Pony collection (which was also quite huge)! : )

Yeah, I also always wondered why He-man was so much larger than She-Ra.

Jem was one of the best cartoons ever, I think. Very 80’s, but they actually wrote music for it and everything. Much cooler than Josie and the Pussycats, I think. (I wonder if they’ll ever make a Jem movie like they did JATP? If they updated it to nowadays or whenever like they did with that, they’d ruin it. What made that show so great was how 80’s the clothes and music were.)

Jem was great, and the music was wicked. Does anyone remember a cartoon called “Rainbow Bright” or something similar?

I still have rainbow brite dolls, hair elastics and ‘survival’ books that were brought out with emergency numbers and the like in them. I wont throw them out and my boyfriend hates it.

Anyone remember strawberry shortcake, for some reason the only figurine i have left of the series is the evil chef.

My mom made my little sister a kickass Rainbow Brite costume in either '86 or '87, complete with a blond yarn wig. Mind you, we’re brown, my sister and I, so here’s this little brown girl with bright yellow pigtails bopping around in a puffy Rainbow Brite dress. She was ELATED.

My little sister loved She-Ra as well. Our dog had a litter of pups and we each got to name one. I named the biggest female Amazon. My sister named the runt She-Ra.

Strawberry Shortcake m she’s looking swell, cute little doll with a strawberry smell…

What were the rest of their names?

There was a huckleberry one, an apricot one with hopsalot the bunny, the there was apple dumpling and her turtle…

I had a blueberry one. I think her name was Blueberry Muffin (or maybe Cupcake), but I’m not sure. I don’t have that one anymore either. At least I kept my Barbies and Cabbage Patch Kids…

WoW! She-Ra! Rainbow Brite! Strawberry Shortcake (and Blueberry Cupcake and Apple Dumpling and Evil Chef Guy)! I just got whiplash from having my childhood fly by!

Did anyone else have the Jem doll with the flashy-earring thiniges? Mine stopped flashing after, like a month. And why was she so much bigger than Barbie?

At least I still have my Cabbage Patch Dolls in a box…somewhere…

That would be the Purple Pieman of Porcupine Peak.

Rainbow Brite and the Color Kids faced off against Murky and Lurky (and the Star Stealer).

The Care Bears had Professor Cold.

She Ra occasionally fought Hordak and his evil horde. The horde also appeared on He Man, though they looked quite different.

IIRC Jem’s sworn enemies were the Misfits. “We are the Misfits! And our songs are better, better! We are the Misfits! And we’re gonna get 'er, get 'er”

The flashing earings were the mechanism by which the supercomputer, Synergy, would transform Jem between super rocker and her secret identity. “Okay, Synergy it’s showtime!” and “Okay, Synergy, show’s over!” were the magic phrases.

AFAIK The Ponies had no recurring enemy. The longest storyline I remember involved a drought caused when a young pony accidentally wished it would never rain again while standing on a magic coin.

Glowworm and friends were always fighting Starnose and his evil mole clan.
I really need to get my meds straightened out so I can go back to buying these things at yard sales and selling them to Gen X women at ridiculously inflated prices. Or sometimes just for interesting trades. “Yes I have the St Patrick’s day Twink. You said you’d do anything for one . . .”