Shining a bright flashlight into people's houses?

Um, gee let me think. You? Oh sorry, your “friend.”

That only you could post this question.

Why would I do that? I’m not above posting crazy things about myself. If this indeed was about myself, I would’ve said it…

If your state has “peeping Tom” laws then I suspect a police officer would have reasonable cause to detain him.

Sure it would be. Because undoubtedly, it would finally get the asshole either the beat down he so rightly deserves or a little time spent in jail pondering his amusing little pranks.

I’m anxious to see “my friend wants to prank his 300-pound cellmate by putting shaving cream in his pillowcase. What do you think?”

Police helicopters are always shining their lights in people’s windows, I never have figured out what the purpose is in having helicopters flying in circles randomly lighting up houses. What crime does that fight? Aside from some kind of psychological thing.

I must live in the wrong neighbourhood, as I never have police 'copters shine lights around my home.

I’m curious Diamonds02, why do you think it would be funny?

“You’ll never take me alive, coppers!”

“It’s curtains for you, Bugsy!”

I did a couple of times, several years ago, when the apartment complex I lived in bordered an uninhabited bog that was apparently an attractive route for criminals fleeing on foot. But they weren’t shining the light in our windows, just looking for public enemy #1 back in the marshes.

We moved.

Do you really think there’s any chance he WOULDN’T get in trouble?
If somebody called the cops to say someone was shining a spotlight into their home do you really think the cops would say “Sorry, there’s nothing illegal about that. He can shine that light wherever he wants. Stop wasing our time.”

People will think it’s the police and flush all their crack down the toilet.

Well, my first thought is that you are just as big a dick, as your friend. No surprise there, you’ve gone to great lengths to make that abundantly clear.

Is it legal? It’s probably not specifically illegal, but probably qualifies under nuisance/harassment laws, and the like. Will he get caught and pursued through legal channels? While it’s possible, unless he’s targeting the same neighbourhoods, again and again, it seems unlikely to me.

But then you never know when you might be shining into a cop’s house, or a judge’s house, or a sensitive gun owner’s house. He could, just as easily, find himself with a world of troubles, it seems to me.

All for the sake of the wickedly humorous prank, of shining a bright light, into the homes of strangers in the night. I can’t imagine even a 6yr old would find it amusing, so it’s hard to picture you both bursting into hysterical laughter at the hijinks. But if, ‘it’s funny’, is what you need to tell yourself, go for it.

You need to consider what you’re friend is really after. He keeps pulling the same kind of passive aggressive, bullshit harassment, of innocents, calling them ‘pranks’ just for shits and giggles. If he’s not looking for confrontation and conflict then what the hell is he doing?

Now please answer the questions you were asked. Do you find it funny? Do you laugh? What is funny about it?

Depending on whose house gets lit up, either a phone call to the police, or a pot shot at the vehicle is likely to occur.

Instead he should use it to teach local kids about the universe

Is this the same friend with the horn honking fetish?

Off your meds again already?

Potential funny things that could happen

-As someone mentioned up thread, some stoner/druggie could panic and flush their stash down the toilet. LOL
-Some über-paranoid person may believe the FBI or whatever is after them. Person would probably go around telling everyone about it, also. LOL
-He would like piss off several people severely. Watching people throw tantrums can be quite funny. LOL
-Some people may believe thieves are casing their house. It would be humorous if you returned to the same house and notice that all their valuables have been moved out of sight, or security cameras have been installed. LOL
-The possibility that my friend may get his ass whooped. LOL
-The general chaos that could arise, all because of a flashlight. LOL

Have you guys watched punk’d?

Yes it will be funny, and MUCH MORE funny if you just sit and keep it on the house for as long as possible. Don’t worry about people coming out of their houses, it will just be to laugh with you as almost every one has this type of sense of humor. Trust me.