Shop class no no’s Shorts, long hair and giant prosthetic boobs?

I’d be concerned about what the QAnon shaman was teaching. But yes, i think the students would and should get used to the costume.

And if the dress is distracting, that seems like a local issue, best dealt with quietly by HR, not a “human interest story”.

I wonder if the school enforces any dress codes on the students?

When I was 18, and doing GCSE ‘A’ levels, one of my English Lit teachers was known by our all male adolescent class as “Wrinkle tits” (please excuse the misogyny and ageism, teenage boys at a single sex boarding school) due to her habit of not wearing a bra and her age… mid 50s, maybe?

We were quite capable of joking about her behind her back, but she was also a spectacular teacher. Really, really good and engaging. One of the best teachers I had.

If my woodwork teacher had turned up wearing something similar, but was a good teacher, or at least a well liked teacher, there would have been similar jokes behind her back but certainly respect in the classroom.

I don’t really understand the “outrage” being generated by this specific teacher. And my boading school culture was stuck in around the 50s. By that I mean the 1850s.

I bet that nothing in the dress code speaks to enormous cartoonish fake boobs. Why would anyone have thought to say something about that?

High school dress codes usually speak to the length of skirts, coverage of shoulders, how low the pants sag, and sometimes have racist restrictions on how hair can be styled, or restrictions on what words can be on the clothes. I’m willing to bet there is no actual dress code violation here.

Dress codes for staff usually say something vague about “professional attire”, and dress codes for students often ban anything “overly sexualized”.

You’d lose that bet. Pick a local school any school and read their handbook on clothing guidelines. My local district you will find prohibitions against vulgar or lewd clothing and clothing that distracts along with overall expectations of students wearing clothes that are appropriate and fit neatly. No where does it state anything about hairstyles. Religious exemptions are allowed for head coverings.

Superintendent has written policy staff is expected to wear business casual.

But yeah nothing expressly prohibits nudity so hey show up naked see how that goes.

From the board dress code guidelines: Dress codes must prevent students from wearing clothing that exposes or makes visible genitals and nipples.

Well, then if a teacher really did show up dressed like that, someone should have taken her aside and told her she needs to wear a bra that hides her nipples. And that should have been the end of it.

I’ve twice seen employees wear something inappropriate at work. Someone talked to them about it, they modified what they wore, and it didn’t make the news.

Since that report is light on details let’s make guesses who’s responsible. Just as likely to have been called in by a radicalized trans activist who is prone to JKR derangement syndrome.

Go fuck yourself.

It wouldn’t have happened if this weren’t in the news. And it’s in the news because, “har, har, icky trans people”. So yes, i think the transphobes are responsible.

It could be something that is happening all too frequently these days, or it could be something that hasn’t ever happened.

Both sides man. Both sides. Gotta look at both sides.

After you

No, not “just as likely.”

You sound just like the Nazis who insist that it was antifa who painted the swastika on the nearby Jewish center. Because antifa are the real danger.

I looked at this tweet from the account, which has a picture of the teacher in question from another source, possibly a staff directory.

I’m sorry, but except for the fact that she’s blonde and busty I don’t think the person in that photo looks much like the person in the photo that made the news. The face doesn’t look the same.

Nope, it does not.

…in the one video that I’ve seen the nipples were not visible. In the photos (one of which is the same outfit as the video) they were. Which leads me to believe that the photos (that I’ve seen) were manipulated. Not that it matters. Not that I care.

Because this entire thread is still entirely stupid. And now this thread is officially longer than the " Republicans’ war on transgender people: Omnibus thread thread.

I think the face looks sort of the same, while too obscured in the shop picture to tell for certain. However, the hair and the bust look somewhat different as well, so I would not bet money on them either being the same person, or not the same person.

The shop picture just has more hair than the other one, although I guess they they could be different wigs. The bust in the shop picture looks just a little wider in all dimensions than the other picture, albeit it could be a difference in camera angle.

I think they look similar, keeping in mind we don’t know how much time elapsed between the two pictures, but more importantly, one is a selfie she posed for, outside with good lighting and applied a filter to, the other was a candid picture from a (hidden) cell phone in a shop class with harsh overhead lights.

However, if they’re not the same person, I’m going to predict the shop teacher is dressed up like this to mock the person shown as Kayla. Whether or not either of them are trans or what the circumstances surrounding the shop class picture are, I don’t know, but that’s my WAG if they’re not the same person.
Maybe it was ‘dress like another teacher’ day. Maybe the shop teacher and Kayla got into an disagreement about how difficult it is to work at a school with giant breasts (like the sitcom trope of a husband wearing a fake pregnant belly and barely lasting a day).

It’d be really helpful if you could give us some sort of context for these conversations. What all have you been told, and what parts of the story have been confirmed? The whole thing just doesn’t hold together, and if you have some additional details that make sense of it, it’d be interesting to hear.