Should the US bomb Agrabah?

Isn’t it more indicative of a mindset the population has been encouraged towards for decades - it seems the US is the only country in the world where bombing the shit out of other civilians populations is a default choice for a chunk of its own population?

Doesn’t matter who you are, that can’t happen without the mindset being encouraged.

And, apart from the obscenity of the fact, as a strategy blowing women and children into tiny pieces rarely works.

I’ve got nothing better than to suggest it’s media (used as a tool) effectively dehumanising other populations.

In raw numbers 159 republicans asked said they supported bombing. The total number of democrats asked was not in the article but if it was the same total numbers or similar then 100 democrats supported it.

Sounds dangerous. Would it count as chemical warfare if we bombed them with this?

Uh…no. People are dopes and routinely sign petitions to ban it. They read the info sheet on what it can all do to a person [inhalation can cause death, etc.] and freak. D’uh!:smack:

Or some of the responders are like me. They are so sick of stupidly phrased poll questions they intentionally give the answer that makes the least amount of sense. I’ve never given an honest answer on any opinion poll I’ve been asked because they always phrase them in such a way that they can twist your answer anyway.

Iago actually didn’t bother me in the first film, but then they decided to make him SING in the second film, and I tore my hair out.

I feel their Genie based defense system may be difficult to overcome, as he could simply turn our planes into parrots or something, but it’s entirely possible that the US has one or more supernatural means to overcome or neutralize this threat.

Given the terrible nature of the threat, we have to act.

Interesting anomalies in that poll.

Large majorities of “Republican primary voters” (at least, the 532 surveyed) supported having a criminal background check for prospective gun buyers and prohibiting people on a terrorist watch list from buying a gun.

However, it seems that 100% of Jim Gilmore supporters oppose the criminal background check and 100% of Gilmore supporters aren’t sure about denying potential terrorists a gun.

I’m taking that to mean there was only one Gilmore supporter surveyed, and he/she is a flaming nutcase.

At least I hope that’s the correct interpretation. :eek:

This was not a real survey people. Why does that organisation get any media coverage at all? This is being reported in Australia as - Americans are stupid. I read somewhere that this supposed survey had 19 % of Democrats supporting the bombing.
Let me ask ask if you were completing what you thought was a real survey how would you respond to that question? Yes? No? Don’t know? The only answer that would be a good one would be - I think auto correct gave you an odd error there…did you mean Baghdad?
People will respond to fictitious issues in surveys Opinions on Fictitious Issues: The Pressure to Answer Survey Questions | Public Opinion Quarterly | Oxford Academic. What do the results really mean?

What? Stupid?:smiley:

Every now and then some punk pulls this prank and sheeple really do fall for it.

Ask the most educated females you know if they think womens suffrage should be outlawed.

The practice of religions should be banned sometimes, for the exact same reason secular practices should be banned sometimes. Islam or Judaism might not reach that threshold, but the Mayan religion certainly would.

I would say “I don’t know.” I do not know the name of every town and city in the world, so I would not automatically declare it was wrong to do so without finding out, in case it turned out Agrabah was a regional name for Al-Raqqah or something like that.

Which demographic do you think Ted Cruz was appealing to when he promised to bomb ISIS wherever they are?

His foreign policy is essentially a war crime: indiscriminate bombing.

As a candidtae for the GOP nomination,do you think he says things randomly?

We have top men working on it right now.

Top. Men.

I think after bombing Agrabah, we should continue on to bomb Altair and Aldebaran…

I thought Aldebaran was banned?

To be fair, Agrabah has an undemocratic government with troublingly deep links to organized crime families at the highest level…

What, you libtards want us to negotiate with Jafar?

• “We have cruise missiles.”

• “We have a Genie.”

I dunno, if we roll in with an AC-130 loaded with the Ark of the Covenant and crew entirely named Cohen…

Or when Spy magazine asked newly elected Representatives “Do you approve of what we’re doing to stop the ethnic cleansing in Freedonia?”

(Spy - Google Books)