Since 9 was foiled by us humans ...

… what were the other 8 plans from outer space?

This should be in Cafe Society; I’ve reported it for a move.

But anyway, it’s been a long time since I’ve seen the movie, and I’ve tried to forget most of it, but I had the impression that they had a sort of standard playbook of plans, and that they chose whichever one seemed most appropriate for the situation. So the fact that they were on Plan 9 does not imply that they tried 8 others first.

On a related note, what do you think was wrong with Preparations A though G? Did they just not work? Or did they totally wreck your poor bunghole?

When your spaceship looks like a normal bedroom with nothing but a wooden table and an old fashioned radio set in it, I gotta think you’re not all that sophisticated. Clearly they grew up on a planet next door to a much brighter race and were given the technology out of sympathy.

Vats 1 thru 68 were totally undrinkable, I know that much.

And Chanel No.4 smells like badgers

They are smart.

They are nothing if not persistent.

They are strong.

…

Teeth are for chewing.

They were looking for things to make them go!

Moved from GQ to Cafe Society.

samclem

There was a musical version of Plan Nine from Outer Space that was written and put on in Salt Lake City by University of Utah students in the early 1980s. As usual, I just missed getting there to see it. The musical later resurfaced in the Midwest.* One of the songs in the musical outlined the other eight plans. But since I never saw the show, I can’t tell you what they are.

*There’s a musical version of Plan Nine that I’ve found on YouTube, but I suspect it’s a completely different version. In any event, I haven’t found the song with the other eight plans.

Love Potion Number Eight only ever got me a moderate fondness.

The first fifteen versions of Grecian Formula turned the users hair various shades of puce.

Similarly, pity the poor souls on whom Compounds A through V were tested.

If it’s wet badgers, I’ll take a barrel, please.

Fortunately they hit on the right formula for A-1 steak sauce right off the bat, and took the rest of the day off.

Few people refer to conception by its proper name, Plan A.

Here’s a song about the first 8 plans by the Rifftrax guys.

I never post…Nine.

WD-1 through WD-39 weren’t quite right.

Really.

And clouds 1 through 8 are OK, but not that great. Sort of like 6th heaven.

Remember Product 19 breakfast cereal?

Products 1-18 were attempts to find a fire-retardant packing material.