Sitcom characters who would make good friends

The Clampetts always seemed fun.

Ann Perkins seems low-key awesome, enthusiastic without being exhausting.

Wil Wheaton any arch enemy of Sheldon’s… .

I don’t know. I always thought Chandler was likeable enough, and everyone needs a Phoebe somewhere in their life.

Having worked in broadcasting, I knew every one of the* WKRP in Cincinnati* types, and could hang out with all of them – even Herb. And while I was never a cop, I think I’d get along with the Barney Miller squad.

Molly of “Mike & Molly” would make a good friend. She’s caring and talented and funny, but reasonable enough that I think she’d get over me real quick. OTOH Katy Mixon, who plays her sister, (can’t think of the character’s name) has many of the qualities I look for in a friend, namely: crazy. (Hey, crazy covers a lot of stuff.) She wants to be good, she just can’t help herself when the bars close so close to bedtime… She even thought about becoming a nun once—and then again, after tasting the icing on a cake Molly had made she felt there was something missing. Molly said, “There’s no pot in it.” “…that’s it,” her sister said. Another time she went back to school and said something like, “See, I’m not what you’d call book smart. I’m magazine smart.”
I love that line. I love it so much.

As an adult I used to have a friend who was kind of like that and it was every bit as much of a fun roller coaster ride as it sounds like it would be. So yeah, I think we could hang.

I did like Chandler. He was my favorite. The rest of them were okay to start with, but then it felt as though they all just Flanderized. Monica became more uptight and shrill, Ross became even whinier, and Joey’s IQ dropped to room temperature.

Pretty much anybody on King of Queens.

I think a neighbor like Dale from King of the Hill would be great, especially considering my house seems to get a different infestation every fall.

Bob Belcher and his kids are awesome, they’re welcome at my house any time.

When I was in college I wish I lived with The Young Ones.

Big Bang Theory is the only sitcom I’ve watched in the last few years. I could hang with Leonard, Penny and Penny’s big dumb hunky ex boyfriend. Don’t think I could handle the other characters though.

Call me crazy, but I’ve always wanted to hang out with David Brent.

And were I thirteen, I’d totally be best friends with Sam Weir.

Harris (fix my tickets) and Andy Travis (get me tickets).

Bob Hartley and his wife Emily would be cool to dine with. Same with Dick and Joanna Loudon.

**Arthur Dietrich **from Barney Miller. Even when I didn’t get some sarcastic comment of his, I’d know it would be funny.

Doug Heffernan and Deacon Palmer of King of Queens. Spence and Danny would have to find some other group to hang with.

Sam Malone and Norm Peterson from Cheers. Sam would be fun to hang out with, Norm would be a good drinking/dining companion (Hungry Heifer).

Elaine Nardo from Taxi. Seems like a cool chick.
mmm

There was a show a few years ago called My Boys. It was set in Chicago, and populated by 30-something single guys and the girl who was their mutual friend. All were flawed but likable characters. They would get my vote.

Also, while not a sitcom, I’d love to hang with the dudes from Magnum, PI. Thomas, Rick, TC, and even Higgins remind me a lot of real people I know and love.

I’d enjoy being friends and/or working with Judge Harry Stone from Night Court.

Yeah, I think I’d enjoy hanging with Chandler. And with Bailey Quarters, too, but for additional reasons. I could learn from Dietrich and Wojo seems to have become more open-minded as the series progressed. Dan Conner seems like a good guy. Mr. James from Newsradio could be fun, also.

While the Rockford Files wasn’t a sitcom, I still think I’d like to hang around with Jim Rockford.

Troy and Abed from Community would be awesome to hang out with.

The Addamses might be good friends, although I’m not sure I could trust them not to cheerfully decapitate me or something like that.

Nah. Uncle Fester may try to put you on the rack or hook you up to a live electrical current and Gomez might have you wire up the dynamite to his train set or challenge you to a fencing match, but what’s the worst that could happen?