Skewbald and PJ girl

Forgive me or flame me if this is a horrendous breach of SDMB etiquette, but I was wondering if anyone else’s thoughts were a little bit unsettled concerning Skewbald’s thread over in MPSIMS about his date with the pyjama pants wearing girl?

First off, let me say he sounds like a great guy, and I hope him the best.

But a part of me was wondering, exactly what is the best? Many people are saying things like “Go for it” and “Keep on the way you are going and you will get the girl.” Folks - he’s GOT the girl. They’ve gone out twice, they are going to a dance, they’ve made out a couple of times, and she’s sat on his lap in her room. Heck, he’s already gotten further than I did all of my high school years - and a good bit of college as well.

Now, here’s where I anticipate some folk objecting to my questions, but are we expecting Skewbald to get laid? And are we hoping he’ll tell us about it?

Just wondering.

Secondly, I HAVE to say I hope he’s for real, and he isn’t a Wildest Bill sock puppet! Has anyone else had this much effect on the board with a post count in the teens?

This thread has been brought to you by the portion of me that is father to a teenage girl.

Personally, I don’t really care if Skewbald tells us or not.
I think it would be kinda gauche if he did, actually.

Secondly, he might be a sock puppet, I couldn’t say, but I’m pretty sure he’s not a sock puppet of Wildest Bill’s. The style is very different IMHO.

Just my 2 cents.

Hell, I’m amused, in a fatherly way. Let him go on, young love needs indulgence and encouragement, especially since Skewbald seems like nice guy.

oh, of COURSE he’s for real. High school girls normally come to school in pantyless PJs. They’re wont to say “hush” in every discreet, romantic, setting. And “I just held them there, paralysed in a state of spine tingling joy and complete and utter terror. “Squeeze” she whispered and I did” CLEARLY did not come out of the latest Fabio trash novel of the month. It really happened, it did.

Dinsdale, what on earth could you be thinking?

I would never tell about something like that. Don’t worry. It just wouldn’t seem right. It’s not me.

I restarted that thread because people that gave me advise the first time around were asking me how it went. I felt like I owned them a response and I thought it would be cool to share my date story, especially since it went so well. I’m amazed and a little baffled by all the responses and I’m not really comfortable with all this attention.

Speaking to you as a father, keep in mind that we are both over 18. I voted in last years election in my country. I might be a bit immature but we are not children.

Hey Skewbald, best wishes in everything. Sorry I missed any previous reference to your ages. Hell, you’re consenting adults. Do what you please. I repeat my question in the other post, tho. What exactly is it that you please?

When you say you wouldn’t tell about “something like that”, what exactly do you mean? You’ve already told about what underwear she is wearing, sweat glistening on her firm buttocks, swapping spit, and her sitting on your erection.

Heck, I don’t really care whether your posts are fact or fiction. They are fun to read.

You posting from school this aft, or are you out already?

Quick word on the whole Skewbald potentially being a sock bit. I’ve thought about that myself and come to the conclusion that if the worst thing that happens to me in my life is having a sock online fool me into believing a story that is entirely false I should count myself lucky.

Mind you Skewbald I don’t think that you are a sock.

[sub]Now please don’t say “Gotcha Yah!”[/sub]

Dinsdale: Just FYI, Skewbald had a lot more posts before The Great Crash. Hence the all-consuming interest–his story was just starting to get good before the Crash.

Is he a sock? Doubt it. He’s definately not Wildest Bill’s sock: he spells far too many words correctly for that!

I mentioned being 18 in the first post. Don’t sweat it, it’s easy to miss. I am a little behind when it comes too girls, so it probably sounds like I am a lot younger.

Yeah I think I’ve shared a little too much in that thread. I have no interest in writing about sex though. That’s a bit too far out. But I really liked sharing how our relationship was going.

And yes this is a true story. Perhaps I’m being too honest, I don’t know.

If you believe me when I say that or not, well that’s completely up to you. I can’t change your perception. It kind of bums me out if you and others starts to think its fiction though. :frowning:

That thread dragged me back from lurkerdom again. I really like this place.

Well, I think you’re for real, for whatever it’s worth. If you are making the whole thing up, then I don’t really care, as long as I don’t find out about it. What I don’t know can’t hurt me.

Your story is great entertainment, augmented not only by the fact that it’s real, but because it’s unfolding as we speak – the final chapters, I would hope, have not been written yet. If you were some middle-aged married guy reminiscing about his ancient high school romance, it wouldn’t have the same effect.

I hope you ignore the playful goading of the other dopers. You’re moving at your own pace – maybe that’s why the pyjama pants girl likes you. Not every woman wants to be pursued like prey.

I hope you don’t feel pressured to “produce results” for our entertainment. It’s your story, and we’re hanging off your every word, no matter how it turns out. We like your story because it’s real, not because it has a tidy plot with a climax and denouement.

Good luck, and have fun.

-DP

I, for one, wouldn’t object to a climax (or ten). :smiley:

Skewbald, I just want to tell you to write whatever you want to write. Don’t write anything you’re not comfortable sharing, no matter how much we all clamor for details. On the flip side, don’t be embarrassed to talk if you want to talk. When good relationship stuff happens, you want to tell someone, and in some cases strangers are safer than friends. No one will think badly of you for talking about personal stuff, emotional or otherwise, and lots of people here have good advice.

Having seen MPSIMS threads range from divorce to falling in love to death to shitting your pants in public, there are clearly no boundaries here. Just be true to yourself – I for one recognize your honesty and really respect you for it. :slight_smile:

Originally posted by Dinsdale :

**But a part of me was wondering, exactly what is the best? Many people are saying things like “Go for it” and “Keep on the way you are going and you will get the girl.” Folks - he’s GOT the girl. They’ve gone out twice, they are going to a dance, they’ve made out a couple of times, and she’s sat on his lap in her room. Heck, he’s already gotten further than I did all of my high school years - and a good bit of college as well. **

Dinsdale: I suggested that he be ready to take the relationship further because I think he would like to keep the girl. Above you say: “Folks-he’s GOT the girl.” Indeed he does; today. Wanna’ keep her? Better be ready to move things along. Relationships are NOT static things, especially at 18 years old. The deal will progress or die, IMHO.
Voice of some experience here, as one who had numerous teen-age relationships, from age 12 through 19. Most were great, some few were painfully educational.

Just on the off chance that someone hasn’t seen this yet, here’s a link.

I have to admit I have had the same suspicions so elegantly elucidated by the ever-lovin’ Enderw24 cross my mind. But I’m trying not to jump to any conclusions.

Just curious, Skewbald, but what country are you in? And what language are you and pyjama pants girl speaking? Sorry if you already mentioned this and I missed it.

You’re a great writer, and it’s even more impressive if English isn’t your first language.

I don’t buy it.

Quite apart for Screwbald being probably the most mature and skilled writer I’ve ever met in an 18 year old, and some of the dialogue sounding way too scripted, consider the following;

Screwbald claims to be a North European. But his writing is littered with Americanisms viz:

-soccer, sweatpants, parking lot, ass, prom, mom, professor (when he means lecturer), school (when he means either College or University), stove, humor.

You could argue that’s just because he’s learnt American English, but he also mentions his shoe size: 11. Now unless he has incredibly small feet, which he claims he hasn’t, he’s also helpfully translated his shoe size from European to either US or UK sizes without so much as a blink. Sound likely?

Now also consider an 18 year old who casually drops the following into conversation;

Rubriks (sic) Cube, 80s metal, JR Ewing.

All rather dated and not exactly familiar to the average 18 year old.

Then we have the curious issue of “muscular tanned shoulders” and beach tans in general. In coastal Northern Europe in early May? I don’t think so. Nor is it overly likely that someone would be in a habit of dressing in pyjama ‘pants’ (another Americanism) and not be extremely cold. Southern Europe maybe, but we’re talking about Northern European weather in the middle of winter (the time Skewbald first mentioned it).

And then in a completely different thread he brings up a minor American punk band from the early 1980s, and gives the price of their music in ‘bucks’.

But hey, great writing Skrewbald and I’d be happy to be proved wrong. But otherwise I don’t buy a word of it. It’s fiction.

Whether it’s true or not, I really have to compliment Skewbald on his writing. It really is quite good.

If it’s a piece of fiction, so be it. Personally, I’ve decided that it is. I have no proof one way or the other so I’ve stopped worrying about it. I also stopped reading the thread a couple of weeks ago.

A small piece of evidence to the contrary:

pyjama pants

Well, I don’t know about the pantyless part (and I don’t recall them being pantyless from the thread, but I haven’t followed it that closely), but it’s apparently a fashion trend for kids to wear pyjama bottoms to school. A colleague who is working on her master’s degree at a local campus just commented on this the other day: I can’t believe all these girls are wearing pyjama bottoms to school. Do they think that people don’t know that these are pyjamas… etc.

I, for one, had no idea about this trend. Now it could certainly have been culled by a writer doing investigation into current campus trends, or by a father of an older school aged daughter. But not me.

As others have said, if it’s fiction, it’s good fiction. And there are some things that seem anachronistic in the prose. But it’s a nice story and AFAIK no one gets hurt. Let’s see where it goes.

As I’ve said previously I can’t help it if you think it is fiction. It’s not. Yet nothing I do or write can suddenly change that perception if you have made up your mind. I’m an anonymous newbie that prefers to keep my nationality secret, so I know that my credibility must be low. I’m too happy right now to really care if people just think it’s a hoax, I’m not offended. It’s your opinion and you are entitled to it, still I want to address some of your points Futile Gesture if that’s okay:

**Screwbald claims to be a North European. But his writing is littered with Americanisms viz: **

**-soccer, sweatpants, parking lot, ass, prom, mom, professor (when he means lecturer), school (when he means either College or University), stove, humor. **

Yes, it’s littered with American words and expressions. Watching American TV shows and movies all your life affects your vocabulary for better or worse. If you look through my posts you will probably find British words and expressions too. I prefer American though, because that’s what I’m most comfortable with.

**You could argue that’s just because he’s learnt American English, but he also mentions his shoe size: 11. Now unless he has incredibly small feet, which he claims he hasn’t, he’s also helpfully translated his shoe size from European to either US or UK sizes without so much as a blink. Sound likely? **

I haven’t translated anything, both the US and the European sizes are written inside my shoe. Vans old-school by the way. My European size is 45, kind of big for a guy my height. Since the majority of posters on this board are American I went with the American size to prevent confusion.

**Now also consider an 18 year old who casually drops the following into conversation;

Rubriks (sic) Cube, 80s metal, JR Ewing.**

The Rubriks cube is a widely known cultural phenomenon, like the yo-yo and Pokemon. Bad 80’s hair metal, well you can’t escape it no matter how hard you try. It lives on forever on the radio and continues to pester decent human beings to this very day. I believe Bon Jovi was more of an early 90’s thing though, so I guess I was wrong there. Like bad 80’s hair metal bad 80’s soaps still roam the land like a plague upon man. Most people know who JR Ewing is even if they are young. Well at least I do but then again I watch a lot of TV. And seriously her dad really looks like JR. It’s spooky.

**Then we have the curious issue of “muscular tanned shoulders” and beach tans in general. In coastal Northern Europe in early May? I don’t think so. Nor is it overly likely that someone would be in a habit of dressing in pyjama ‘pants’ (another Americanism) and not be extremely cold. Southern Europe maybe, but we’re talking about Northern European weather in the middle of winter (the time Skewbald first mentioned it). **

She was on holiday in Portugal in the Easter with her father and his girlfriend. I mentioned it somewhere earlier in that thread. And also as most girls her age she’s a regular patron at the solarium. It’s not really that cold where I live, I think we had snow fall just once this past winter. I’ve seen girls wear far skimpier clothing than that in the wintertime.

**And then in a completely different thread he brings up a minor American punk band from the early 1980s, and gives the price of their music in ‘bucks’. **

I recommend the band Minor Threat in an old punk recommendation thread in Café Society. That band was not just a minor band, in my opinion it was one of the best hardcore bands ever. Its influence can still be heard today. I grew up with punk from the age of twelve. I watched skateboard movies and got hooked on the music. So I know a thing or two about that genre even though the best bands broke up before I was even born. I wrote bucks instead of dollars because it sounds cooler. That’s what I paid when I bought it of the web a couple of years ago.

I hope I don’t come off as defensive or hostile, I just felt like commenting on your post.