"Snow Fort" movie - the dog dies at the end - what is the title of this movie?!?!

There was a movie that aired on the Disney Channel back in the late 1980’s or early 1990’s that invovled an enormous snow fort. The whole plot of the movie revolved around this snow fort and and various snow battles between two different groups of neighborhood kids. The climax of the movie is the huge battle at the end, in which the fort collapses and crushes the beloved dog; it’s quite tragic. All of the children then realize the futility of their snow fight and learn a valuable lesson. Poor doggie.

Anyways, the movie is actually quite hilarious because 1) it is so stupid, 2) the actors weren’t speaking English, but English was overdubbed on top of their voices, and 3) my sister and I thought it was the greatest movie ever. I’ve brought up this movie to a few people who knew what I was talking about, but no one knows the title.

So, have any of you seen this movie? Do any of you know the title? To this day it is an inside joke between my sister and I, and I would love to find out the title so that I could get a copy.

In English, it’s known as The Dog that Stopped the War.

In the original joual, it’s La Guerre des Toques.

My favourite scene is when they load up the snowballs with paint. I never had the guts to do that. :slight_smile:

Rhinostylee, I also would like to know the title to the crappy movie she liked that involved a choir doing a rendition of Handel’s Messiah. Was that “Perfect Harmony?” Or am I confusing that with the opening scene of Chris Elliot’s “Cabin Boy?” (What an awesome movie that was, too!)

http://www.lafete.com/English/Tales-for-All/Dog.html

Thank you all, and God bless.

This belongs in Cafe Society. Even tho’ the question is answered, I’m moving it over there.

Yet another example of how the French are a bunch of anti-war whimps. :wink:

Nice try. It’s La Guerre des Tuques.

Toqué is when someone is pigheaded about something despite overwhelming evidence to the contrary.

It is a Canadian film Cheesedick! If you are going to cast bone headed dispersions on a country get it right.