Snowboarder Bo: Enough with the fucking quarry

It wasn’t funny the first time, it wasn’t funny the second, and it’s not funny the zillionth time either. Pretty much nobody thinks it’s funny but you, and people have asked you to cut it out it out god knows how many times. They’ve even asked the mods to get you to stop.
It’s been three goddamned years – fucking put it as your sig if you like it so much. (And no, I’m not just going to put you on ignore. It’ll still show up in quotes, and as the saying goes, why should I have to ignore you? You’re the one who sucks.)

I still think its funny,

But he’s been pitted like half a dozen times over this. Are you really expecting that this thread is the one that’s going to find the magic combination of bile and expletives that will convince him to stop?

I like it.

It’s a special low-key blend of hipsterism, putting on airs, and attention-whoring that’s just… special.

Lets go to the attic and put stuff up there!

In other words.

Who the fuck cares?

I do, I find it annoying, so I Pitted the guy. If you don’t, fine.

I think it’s odd that so many people are so worked up over this. It’s just not a big deal. He thinks it’s funny. It’s not really, but so what? Groan, rolleyes and move on.

For people that find it funny: why?

Let’s go to the quarry and throw stuff down there! Another pitting over this? That’s hilarious!

I’ve never seen it until now. It’s an Office reference and if I had been there on day one I’d probably be tired of it. But from a fresh point of view…

Just one look at that huge list of examples then reading that he’s been doing this for 3 years, had multiple pittings and attempted moddings but he just gives all that the finger and keeps doing it. Fucking hilarious.

Let’s go to the quarry and throw Snowboarder Bo down there!

I’m guessing that’s not original, either.

Bo’s catchphrase generally elicits a bemused smile from me.

The reactions to it, though, are pure gold.

No hipster worth his Dali would dream of adopting a catchphrase from a popular network television show that aired during this decade. No, it’s just a poster who’s discovered a loophole way to be an annoying asshole on a regular basis while staying jussssst this side of the mod line, because lulz I guess. There have been other cases, but names escape me at present.

Regards,
VT

Bo, every time you do it, I’m reminded that this isn’t a community of people that are trying to get along.

I often delude myself that that’s the case; that we’re trying to fight Ignorance (our own as well as others’), and help each other out along the way. But if that was the case, then if a dozen people told me that the Benny Hill one-liner I keep using isn’t funny, in fact has gone all the way to annoying, I’d stop.

But, nope. This isn’t a family, a team, not even a group of like-minded curmudgeons. It’s just a messageboard that any immature ‘bro’ can post to.

Thanks, Bo, for dealing my faith in people one more blow.

See? Hilarious!

Let’s go to the Ignore List and put Snowboarder Bo on it!

To me it’s basically the equivalent of sticking your finger an inch from your sister’s face and saying “I’m not touching you” in the back seat of the car when you’re both little.

I see it as Snowboarder Bo’s way of saying “Fuckin-A!” It doesn’t bother me, and it seems to be placed sporadically enough to amuse me. It ain’t like he closes every post with it. (Not intended to bring up another poster in Bo’s special thread, but closing every post with the same word doesn’t bother me either. I wouldn’t give it a round of applause, but it don’t bother me.)

Basically. It’s dumb, but who cares? I can weather “Regards, Shodan,” I can weather this.