So....Asian girls bleach their nipples?

I’m the proud boyfriend of an Asian girl (with undyed nipples). She recently told me, and other Asian friends have confirmed, that Asian girls bleach their nipples to get a pink, “westerner” colored look.

So, I’ve been told about this, but I’m wondering if anyone has ever heard of this. How exactly does it work? Is it painful?

I’ve heard of some crazy surgical procedures in Asia, but this is up near the top.

Asian? All Asian? What kind of Asian? :stuck_out_tongue:

I’ll just say that E. Indians don’t, as far as I’ve heard of, and neither do any Chinese girls I’ve known. And I know quite a few of both.

Rest of Asia I couldn’t tell you about.

Yeah, it’s actually pretty common over there. Supposedly pink nipples signify youth and virginity-- or something. And since a lot of women have brown nipples bleaching is the way to go. I’ve seen a few pictures of this Japanese nipple bleach cream, but I’ve forgotten it’s name and google turns up nothing. It’s an over-the-counter topical application though. You don’t need a prescription. I’m sure you could also get it professionally done too, like anal bleaching.

Why do people make such a fuss over the colour of their nipples? They’re NIPPLES. Who cares?

It didn’t occur to me until I was in my late 20’s that not only was there a difference but that some people might, you know, care. I mean, if I’ve got brown hair and brown eyes and brown skin wouldn’t it be weird if my nipples were pink?

I think you missed the more important question, there…

Weird isn’t the word you’re looking for. Replace with “trendsetting”.

I don’t know, but for the sake of science, I’d be willing to offer a personal inspec…

Did I just type that in my out-loud voice?

I’ll second Ethilrist. WTF?

Never heard of this for SE asians. I have 2 female cousins in college and neither have they.

Bricker, I never know what to say to you when you start getting frisky.

Meh, I was just using that as an example-- something that would be familar to Westerners. Anal Bleaching has gained some notoriety as of late because of that episode of Howard Stern with Tabitha Stevens. A lot of celebrities do it and yes, it is just as pointless as nipple bleaching (way gross too). I mean, I can’t be the only person here who’s heard of anal bleaching.

But this whole obsession with pink nipples/anuses is a little more than weird. Maybe everyone deep down just wants to be a redhead?

Offered without comment…anal bleaching. :eek:

BTW, I’ve heard some hispanics of darker complexion also get their nipples bleached from time to time. I personally don’t know any…but then my wife is a blonde/redish, fair complexion of German/Irish decent. :slight_smile:

-XT

My wife is Japanese and never heard of this practice. Its probably like any other trend…a few people do it and the next thing you know “everyone” does.

No, I’ve heard of it. I’m not sure exactly what it does. I kind of thought it was the hairs around it, but from this context it seems like the whole thing? Eew.

As for wanting to be a redhead, no thank you. All kinds of different problem with being a redhead, aren’t they? I rather like going out in the sun and not getting sunburned in the time it takes to walk to my car. Everyone’s got their own issues.

News to me. I look at far too many naked ladies on the internet. I don’t recall seeing any “Asians” with pink nipples.

strokes his red beard and his red hair, grinning

Damnit! He’s got a point…

As for what part of Asia I’m talking about, my girlfriend is from Taiwan. The people I’ve talked to about this are from Korea, China, and Taiwan. However, like any weird sexual/corporeal exploit, they often say that it’s mostly Japanese girls who do it…

Too many? I don’t get it.

Also, as Cartman tells us, they have no souls.

I can say with some certainty that this is not a wide-spread practice in Japan. Can’t say it doesn’t happen, but an anecdotal sample of four Japanese women indicates that they’ve never heard of it.

Now, if you’ll excuse me, I have some 'splaining to do to my co-workers.

There’s a rumor that Marilyn Manson has bleached one of his nipples. I don’t know which one.