So I Changed My Username

I was Narrad, but I’m not anymore.

Nothing earthshattering I know, but I figured it best to avoid confusing people.

As you were. :slight_smile:

Jervoise

Why the change?

So why the sudden need to change your username?

Curious minds want to know. :slight_smile:

FWIW, I was having a few privacy concerns. I’m not entirely keen on being readily identifiable online and my old username was too recognisable as belonging to me.

Terribly unexciting, I know. :slight_smile:

been there, done that, did a similar thing in response.

I like this name, it is a fun one to try different pronunciations with.

Yeah, I’m tending to pronounce it as sounding similar to “Gervaise” myself. (even though it’s nothing like it, I’m sure)

I’ll do up an announcement for you in The Official Record of Name Changes thread. :slight_smile:

I like the name as well… it sounds quirky. ) (and with me, “quirky” is generally a good thing)

F_X

You only think you’ve eluded me! I’ll never stop loving you. YOU COMPLETE ME!!

Jervoise completes you?

I’m still stuck asembling more parts…

I got steret from Flami, ojo from Jomo Mojo, mnd from tomndebb, ruep from TruePiesces and ervo from Jervoise.

But I am still missing zac, fruj and loim to complete my SDMB LetterBot…

steret ojomn druepervo zacfruj loim

his name is my name too…

Nobody ever knows how my name is pronounced. :wink:

And no, it’s not “Throatwarbler Mangrove.”

What IS that “Throatwarbler Mangrove” thing from, anyhow? I’ve seen it paired with “Raymond Luxury Yacht,” as well.

Cervaise, does it help that I was actually thinking of you when I composed that post? :wink: Probably not… eh well.

F_X

It’s a Monty Python bit, in which a TV reporter is interviewing a very rich man.

The name is spelled “Raymond Luxury Yacht”, but pronounced “Throatwarbler Mangrove”

Thanks for the information, Governor Quinn. Must remember it’s Monty Python, not the Simpsons or Seinfeld or whatever other funny show there is at the moment.

F_X