So, Is anyone going to tell us about/explain this new forum?

The title pretty much says it all. :slight_smile:

Interesting…

ETA: From the Forum List page:

Whoa…a new forum.

First The Game Room and now this one… This is really new stuff for the SDMB. They rarely make new forums.

I’m guessing it’s “For discussion of fixing up old houses, city life, the Brotherhood of the Right Way, and anything else inspired by Ed Zotti’s book THE BARN HOUSE: Confessions of an Urban Rehabber”

Enjoy,
Steven

I guess it’s for people who read this:

But, fifth post in a new forum! It’s good to be part of history…

I hope they move this Forum up to the top along with Comments about the Columns and Comments About Staff Reports where it belongs.

Will we all get our own forums to flog our merchandise?

With the board being so screwy right now, high traffic and all, and running so slowly, why do we need a new forum? Doesn’t it just add to the load on the server.

I’d sure like to be able to have my own personal forum too!:dubious:

So will everyone who writes a book get their own forum? Cool!

We needed a forum for that? I was kinda hoping it would be the new free-for-all forum. :smiley:

ETA: We have a forum list page? I have got to stop just bookmarking threads and look around here once in a while.

We’re the first ones in the door, we could just christen it as such!

Long profanity laced rant with several links to shock sites

Everybody who writes a book who’s on the Master’s payroll. This makes for a more manageable number.

There is but one master. His name is Barack. ACCEPT HIM OR MAY EVERY STILL STANDING INNER CITY ITALIANATE VILLA WITH A SECOND EMPIRE FACE-LIFT AND TOWER BE TORN DOWN TO BUILD DOLLAR GENERALS AND ARBY’S FRANCHISES!

Four pages in this forum already! It is a hit!

Couldn’t we just have a thread about this? We needed a whole new forum to plug Ed’s book?

Thank you for the laugh, it’s appreciated.

You can delete the forum now, joke’s over!

Just a quick reminder to everyone that regular board rules still apply in this new forum. Criticisms about the board and/or its staff belong in either ATMB (for less enflamed conversations) or the Pit (where you can really let your hair down).

Oh, come on guys. If the Master wants to let his favorite [del]alter-ego[/del] flunky set up a forum for a new book, why the hell not? We finally got a massive upgrade and free posting. (HALLELUJAH!!) Ed deserves a little fun, too.

It would be neater, I’ll admit, to have it in a separate, but linked, location, but it’s probably easier to just set it up here. And it would probably end up on the same server anyway, since Ed works for the Reader.

Congrats on the book Ed! Let me know when it’s out in paperback, and maybe I’ll buy a copy!

Today it’s a new forum.

The day after that- it’s the whole board.

Day 3: Goodbye handguns, hello mandatory partial birth abortions.

I’ve seen it before. It always starts with a fnorum.

So, let me get this straight… instead of writing your great thoughts here on the straight dope, you like, compiled them on a computer and wrote a book to profit?

Damn, now I feel pompous.