So I've found the SECOND most addicting game to exist on the internet. No, really.

Not really my favorite. I kind of dislike how incremental games sort of slowly devolved into glorified versions of Progress Quest after Cookie Clicker got big.

I really prefer A Dark Room and Crank. Also some of the old ones like Candy Box (2).

Cookie Clicker was neat, and I like how it slowly got more insane, but I really appreciated the earlier incremental games because of how they expanded their systems.

Admittedly I didn’t get too far in trimps, but after getting a few maps in on the battle thing I felt like it was just unlocking meters to get more meters to get a line of text a few hours down the line.

Just started Trimps a couple days ago. I like that you can close the game but your resources keep building anyway.

Made it to level 31 without using He for the Underachiever award. Portaled today and things are going faster.

Traps seem useless to me. Checking traps helps build your Trimps back up for battle, but it doesn’t save all that much time.

I’m alwaaaays low on Block.

You will also, eventually, unlock an building that will collect gems for you.

Build tons of Gyms and put trimps on the Trainer job when you unlock both. I think those both contribute huge toward blocking.

Also, once you get level three shield or higher, it only gives you higher and higher blocking skill, IIRC. It can get pretty high if/when you have a level six shield.

I like it, but I think this game would really benefit from some graphics.

I’m lvl 15, but I haven’t found Helium or Portals yet.

I eventually got the ability to make Trimp Explorers. They generate Fragments for you so you can make tons more maps. You only need a couple. Then you can find more books and upgrade like cah-razy.

Yeah, Gyms, Trainers and upgrading the shield are about all I can do. I’ll just have to prioritize buying more. I learned the hard way not to upgrade the shield too much though. I had it up to close to lvl 10 and when I bought the next prestige my block dropped in half. I try not to upgrade it past lvl 5 now.

You’ll get one of those special red maps at lvl 20, Dimension of Anger. Complete it, and you’ll get access to the portal & He. That map is hard though, I finished lvls 21 & 22 and then went back to it.

Ha. It’s addictive enough as it is. My wife saw this and said “you’re like, playing a… spreadsheet?”

Seriously I wonder how people come up with this. It’s like BF Skinner on acid.

I’m lvl 15, but I haven’t found Helium or Portals yet.

I eventually got the ability to make Trimp Explorers. They generate Fragments for you so you can make tons more maps. You only need a couple. Then you can find more books and upgrade like cah-razy.

I also found the Auto-trap feature. It automatically generates traps when you’re not building anything else, then stops building traps when you send the order to buid something else, then resumes making traps. I went to lunch for a half hour and trapped over 2K Trimps! When you’re behind on equipment, just keep zerging Trimps until you run low.

I don’t know what level I am in, but I am in zone 20. I am having a blast, and feel like I have sunken far to much time- Oh look an upgrade!

So when leaving it idle for a while / overnight (where food/wood/metal will cap out), what is the best option to leave your production button on? Last night I had it on science since it doesn’t seem to have a cap, and now I have a huge surplus of science. Now I have auto-fight and auto-trap on, so I’m wondering if I should just leave it on build or leave it on trap?

Auto-trap, so you’ll have a huge reserve of Trimps to zerg your way through the maps.

Yeah, I have auto-trap on. I meant which button to leave your personal production on. Last night I left it on build to help out the foremen making the autotraps, but now I have such a large amount of traps I might just leave it on trapping in order to keep them pushing through with auto-fight.

How do you build up foremen? Is that something at higher levels? I get one new foreman per zone.

I read somewhere to leave the scientist button on because “you” do a lot more science than the scientists do. You don’t really need many scientists.

The foremen are usually prizes in the next-to-last levels of the world zones.

I finally completed Zone of Anger and got a reset. Things are slightly different. The helium counter is gone, but I guess it will return later.

Yeah, everytime you reset/portal, you have to make it back to zone 20 and do Zone of Anger again.

This time I didn’t click the Portal and kept on with the regular world map. I got through level 25, then it repeated. I guess I have no choice. Guess I’ll spend the Helium now.

Weird, I thought you could just keep going and going. Never heard you had to stop at any point until it just gets too time consuming to get to a new level.

It was addicting the first run-through, but now on my second run-through it’s not so much. I can just build up my storage and come back the next day and spend on lots of upgrades, burn through a couple levels and leave it again 'til the next day. It seems to be requiring more Trimps now though.

I have to keep my playtime short anyway, or my laptop overheats and shuts down. Like Cookie Clicker, no way I can just leave it running.

You can use the Helium to enhance Trimp abilities before your next reset. You can also choose a setting that gives you a slight disadvantage but a new perk when you finish. Didn’t choose that option, because I only want to swallow one hook at a time.

I figured out that my slow battle progress was because I was trying to maximize employment and technological progress. When I boosted the population and left them idle to reproduce, I had a lot of extra cannon fodder to expend in the name of battlefield gains.

Unfortunately the game is now too depressing to play.