So I've found the SECOND most addicting game to exist on the internet. No, really.

So you thought Cookie Clicker was bad?

I give you… Trimps.

It’s been three whole days and I’ve been running this game on there all that time, ongoing. And I’ve only seemed to breach the surface. It’s one LONG game and seems to have a LOT of content. Even after three whole days I’m seeing new content unlock. It’s a very interesting and intriguing game. I’d liken it to A Dark Room, if you like that one…only bigger and on a more massive scale.

Actually, I can’t take credit for finding this one. Zyanthia mentioned it in my Cookie Clicker topic. I clicked on it, started…and I haven’t been able to stop since.

Have you gotten to your first portal yet? Just wait until you get 5 portals under your belt and you start unlocking heirloom equipment!

It is pretty addicting. Seems like a lot is going on, but it is fairly simple. Good thread!

There is a WIKI page for it. Trimps WIKI. There are a couple good new player guides on it if you have questions.

I have sorta just dived on in. After I put in my two weeks here at this job, they sort of just need me to be here, so that someone is here, but there isn’t anything to do!

So this is actually a life saver!

I played that a couple months ago and found it becoming quite repetitive after a few days. Maybe they have added content since, maybe it just isn’t progressing at the right pace for me.

One that I haven’t seen mentioned on these boards is Shark-a-Lark. Fast-paced with a good balance between clicking and idling. It too becomes repetitive after you have explored some of the different worlds though.

Thanks for this. It’s truly a game of making sure you have no idle moments.

I wonder if a famous person started calling it Drimpfs would that name catch on?

Question - seems like I have Trimps breeding faster than I can house them, employ them, or send them to battle. Is there any way to shift the ratio of breeders to producers at all?

That will become a non-issue after a few hours of gametime. Traps are my limited resource now at like level 8+

How? The combat casualty rate becomes higher?

I did. Just yesterday. I don’t quite get how they work yet, it won’t reset my game, will it?

You want them to breed and max out, trust me. Eventually you won’t HAVE enough trimps on hand to do anything. You’ll be wishing you had max amounts.

Yes, a bit, but more so, you will start sending more trimps into battle at the same time. I don’t want to spoil much, so I’ll just say that. Right now you are only sending ONE out to fight each time. Later…uh…that number grows due to storylines.

Ohmigod the Trimps. They’ve got me too! And I have to say I think they ARE worse than the cookies. There are just so many little ways it can draw you back in when you are honestly trying to go do your work, or switch over the laundry, or get to the bathroom in time . . .

But, wait! only 37 seconds until I can buy this aggerdagger upgrade and then I’ll be able to - well, just thirty seconds more and then I can get buy my Trimps a Super-agger-dagger before I go so they don’t all die while I’m . . . DARN! this is taking way too long, I’ve got to build a house and put more Trimps on mining detail . . . and it looks like the loggers need help too but . . .
These idle games remind me of a quote from C.S. Lewis, in “The Screwtape Letters.” He’s teaching his young apprentice how to slowly draw a human “patient” off his course and down to Hell. This is how he knows when it’s working:

…you will find that anything or nothing is sufficient to attract his wandering attention. You no longer need a good book, which he really likes, to keep him from his prayers or his work or his sleep; a column of advertisements in yesterday’s paper will do. You can make him waste his time not only in conversation he enjoys with people whom he likes, but also in conversations with those he cares nothing about, on subjects that bore him. You can make him do nothing at all for long periods. You can keep him up late at night, not roistering, but staring at a dead fire in a cold room. All the healthy and outgoing activities which we want him to avoid can be inhibited and nothing given in return, so that at last he may say…'I now see that I spent most my life doing in doing neither what I ought nor what I liked.”
― C.S. Lewis, The Screwtape Letters

Yep, Wormwood’s got me all right . . . :smack:

Idle Thoughts, the last time I listened to you on such topics, you ruined my life. Due to an unexpected release of the latest corporate image, I’ve been free, FREE of cookie clicker for the last couple months. Now you want me to dive into something that is just as bad!? I try to get out and you keep pulling me back in! I’ll see if I can pretend to be busy with something else for one more week before I try this…this…thing.

Portals are the soft reset. You will start back over at zone 1, but you will be able to spend the helium you gained in perks. Spending the Helium properly will allow you to advance through the game faster and get a bit farther before you portal again.

Alright. So I want to get more gems, so I need to clear levels faster, which means I need more attack equipment, but I’m not making metal fast enough, which means I don’t have enough workers, and to get more workers I need more resorts, which I can’t fookin build because I don’t have enough fookin gems.

I’m not hooked on this thing, mind, I’m just academically looking at the game mechanics and wondering how one would solve this hideous trap.

Go to maps. Make one in the sea depths. Hit [repeat on]. Go have dinner.

When you get back you’ll have all the gems you need.

BUT IS IT SEA OR IS IT DEPTHS? They’re different, you know.

j/k the docs tell me that depths yield the most gems. What I was pointing out is an apparent cyclic dependency that’s driving me apeshit. Ultimately I need gems to get gems.