So long and thanks for all the fish

I’m leaving all you sons’o’bitches.

But I’m going to miss you sons’obitches… and daughters’o’bitches - I don’t mean to leave the women folk out.

Anyway, I thought about putting this in MPSIMS, but we can’t fucking cuss there, and I feel more at home in the pit anyway. Besides, I am going to rant while I explain why you won’t be hearing from me much from here on out.

Last Wednesday, meaning a week ago yesterday, I got laid off. <insert creative explitive of your choice>. To be honest, I should have seen the writing on the wall as I haven’t had much to do for months; but the bastards gave me a severence package consisting of… are you ready… “you can work through the end of the week”. I lost my job, yet I have to work through the end of the week. What!!! <insert second expletive of your choice>

But I am B. I will survive. It’s what I do. Today I was officially hired by another company. I was unemployed for only a week. So screw you M***etc Incorporated. If you had gave me something to do instead of shunting me off in a specialized corner, I might have been able to help you. Christsakes, you gave me a raise for taking the air quality analysis over, but you didn’t hire me for that. My own efficiency in streamlining your whole air analysis is what did me in, isn’t it? Idiots. I fixed that… and I fixed the noise pollution analysis, and you lay me off. Maybe I should have been less efficient. Well fine, fuck you.

Now, I have jumped to manufacturing. W*** wants my science background and my problem solving ability. And will you people quit calling me? If you laid me off, that means I don’t work for you anymore. I’m a nice guy, I’ll answer those questions, but come on. You cut the relationship. I’ve moved on.

Go figure. Molecular biology -> Environmental analysis -> and now manufature of machine parts. (chemistry skills in all three)

Anyway, my new job is in a factory. I am going to be on my feet all day doing things. I can’t sit on my ass in front of a computer and talk to the good people at the SDMB.

That’s the one thing of my old job I’ll think I’ll miss, and this is mostly goodbye. I’ll be back every now and then with some bad joke or cogent (hopefully) comment about science or politics, but my posting frequency is going to drop from two or three a day to once a week - if that. Some of you may be may miss me, others may be glad to see me go. I hope there is more of the former. However, I know most of you really couldn’t care. That’s allright, it’s a big message board and if I were in your shoes I’d probably be thinking “who is that guy again?” too.

One last thing, an explanation of my username. I had a question about Europa’s orbit that I wanted GQ to answer, but to log in I needed a username. Douglass Adams had just died, so I used “Beeblebrox”. It was a reference to current events; I never expected to stay and keep using that. I also had to look up most of the Hitchiker’s Guide to the Galaxy jokes and references made by other posters. I am glad I did stay, but now I have to go.

But I don’t start work till a week from Monday. I’m on the dole till then:)

I’ll be back to this thread, but I will leave you with a quote from my the creator of my namesake, and a sig I haven’t used in a while.

Forgot the sig:

You still forgot the sig. Hee. :smiley:

Stop by often, dude. :slight_smile:

Good sig, never noticed it before.

Knock 'em dead on your new job, Bro. :slight_smile:

Beeble, I wanted you to know something:

I’ve always appreciated your thougtful, cogent and honest posts.

Best of luck to you with that … employment thing.

God damn it. Here’s the sig.

Thanks, Ace.

Wow! I’ve had that quote as my sig in my emails for a year! You will me missed, my man.

be missed.

…damn…

When you go, come back.

When come back, bring fish:)

Goodluck, and come back soon.

Absolutely. Don’t let your SDMB eyes close for the absolutely last time ever.

There will always be a seat at the bar for you, and we are keeping your bar tab open.

Go bang your heads together, Four Eyes!

Hope the lifestyle comes together soon.

Ciao

When come back…

…well, you know.

Does this mean I’ll win every debate against you now?

You’re a frood who really knows where his towel is. I hope you find a way to keep in touch.

I’d like to impart this little nugget of wisdom to you upon your departure:

Ya know, I it may sound like some crazy wacked out fantasy, but,
They Have Internet In Homes Now!

Yep!

All you need is a computer and a phone line, and computers are dirt cheap.

(I hate it when good posters go away because they can’t access from work.)