So what bad guys ought to show up on the new 'Doctor Who?'

That is pure evil.

There is indeed a new show in the works and it was reported yesterday that Bill Nighy is being considered to play the Doctor. And Tom Baker mentioned a few days ago that Eddie Izzard was also being considered.

I did see “Remembrance of the Daleks”; Davros’s escape was not a sure thing. I got the impression that the writers knew they were nearing the end of the series.

IIRC, a single Rutan made an appearance in “the Horror of Fang Rock.” In its’ true form, it looked - quite literally - like a giant crawling booger . It could however shapeshift into human form and emit electric shocks strong enough to kill people. That is the only appearance I know of in the series. Although in "the Sontarin Experiment, " the Doctor mentions the fought a 400 year-long war with the Sontarins. (he didn’t mention who won.)
As a side note, Alan Cumming as the Doctor? Me likes that idea.

Oops, that second link was supposed to be Nighy’s IMDb page.

First, thanks for the links. Second, yeah, I get the feeling too that the writers knew that the series was comming to the end, that’s probably why they had the Doctor off the Cybermen and the Daleks, and leave the Master on that planet of cat people.
But when Davros escaped, his pod left the ship well before the shockwave came back and destroyed the ship.
Even if the writters felt that the end was comming near, they probably wanted to give Davros and escape, just in case.

A giant crawling booger? Allright, I have to get “The Horror of Fang Rock” just to see that :smiley:

Not the way I remember it. I’m not saying his return isn’t an impossiblility but it would be too much like one of those old Saturday morning serials.

Not just a giant crawling booger, but a glowing, giant crawling booger. With sassy dialogue to boot.

I thought it already kind of was. I mean, he, the Master, and a lot of other enemies kept popping up after they should have been destroyed. I mean, before “Remembrance of the Daleks” we last saw Davros (I forget the name of the episode, but Collin Baker was the Doctor) being taken away by the Dalkes, for trial for creating an impure, or new breed of Dalek. Since when do the Daleks have trials? Either your for them, or against them, and if you’re against them, they exterminate you. (Does this post make me sound like a big enough geek? :D)