So, what did you get for Christmas?

So far: a book about relationships, from my mom; a book called “Everything I Know I Learned From Children’s Books” and $100, from my dad; “Dr. Horrible’s Sing-Along Blog” and Family Guy’s “Something Something Something Dark-Side” on DVD, the book “God Hates Us All” by “Hank Moody,” and a gift card for Marshall’s department store from my fiance.

My boss gave everyone a box of chocolates.

My coworker gave me and my boss each a box of apricot and apple confections.

I got a Chumby One (squeeee!) I’m seriously geeking out right now. (http://www.chumby.com/)

My wife got me a Kindle. Joy!

A digital picture frame, a bottle tree, a purse, knit gloves and a matching hat, a peace sign necklace and a cookie cookbook.

I cleaned up. :slight_smile:

Me too!

The wife got a new digital camera. The cats got toys.

I did really well this year.

A new DVD/Burner for the living room.
A Wii
Wii Fit Plus
Two Wii games Dead Rising and Cursed Mountain
Several Books on photography and graphic design
Also
The Stupidest Angel
The Sot-Weed Factor
and some clothes.

A practice (bagpipe) chanter from my parents, and Vol 1 of the new Bloom County “library” from DH.

I made out like a bandit:

Leather jacket, some gorgeous leather gloves, Lacoste long-sleave polo, skirt, three pairs of stockings, two pairs of silk long underwear, gold earring studs, and cash.

Got a digital camera(not the Ashton Kutcher one, but just as good), a watch I picked out, a digital frame and a steamer because I hate ironing.

I got the hubs some shirts, socks(he always wants socks), the latest Alex Cross book, a little ten in one tool thingie and a portable TV.
We had a good meal and some Merlot, but he hates wine, so more for me. Heh.

Happy Holidays, everybody.

We just got back from my fiance’s brother’s house, where we had dinner with their parents. My fiance’s folks gave us $500! :eek: That’ll help out with the wedding fund. They also gave us a nice set of 600-thread-count sheets.

Friends and family passed the hat for us this Christmas/Yule/Solstice/Hanukkah/Holiday season and gave us money.

We were ordered to spend $100 on fun/ourselves (so far, we went to see Avatar) and the rest on practical things, like rent and getting our truck fixed (broken torsion bar and tie rod - ouch!)

Really, it was what we needed most.

I got a ticket to see Avatar from the Husband. I got him a ticket to see Avatar. Total Gift of the Magi.

From parents:
$250 check and some chocolate, bath towels, and socks. I think they felt bad about how it cost more to fly home this year than it has in the past.

From various aunts, uncles, and cousins: $40 cash, a large hershey’s bar, a sweater, and a gift set with lotion. Not too crazy about the lotion, strong scents make me sneeze.

From sister:
Super Mario 64 for the DS.

From friends:
a folding table (I kept complaining I needed one for my apartment since I have very little furniture), a sewing basket, and a graphic novel I’ve wanted to read.

From boss:
A book (Reading Lolita in Tehran) and some chocolate.

From airline:
My luggage which I didn’t get yesterday upon arrival.

Over the last year cooking has become a minor hobby for me, so hubby kind of went with that as a theme. He and the kids gave me Cookwise, Bakewise, a wrought iron baker’s rack to keep my cookbooks on, and a cookbook stand.

I’ve been traveling for the last year, and I plan to continue to do so, so I didn’t ask for much. However I did get a few things to make my vagabonding lifestyle a bit easier.

Highlights include a Kindle so I don’t have to lug around a separate pack full of books, a Gorillapod tripod (small, convenient and so super cool), and around $650 in cash (this was also part of my Birthday present, as I was gone for that).

All in all, a good year :wink:

From work: a turkey, a bag of chocolates, a stocking, a watch and a bath set.

From kids: a pair of 8 pound dumbbells.

From MIL: new pants (smaller size!) and a new blouse. A nightgown is coming, but it is on backorder.

From hubby: a cute little metal tin that looks like a tool box and a $25 gift certificate to Harbor Freight. :smiley:

But with a happy ending!

Money from Mom
Gift cards from Dad
Picture of my nephews and I after their soccer practice from my brother and sister-in-law

Best: when I saw my nephews today, the older one (almost 6) said, “Merry Christmas.” The younger one (3) was asked by his mom what he wanted to tell my dad and me. “I’m going to be a big brother.” I didn’t think I was getting any more nephews or a niece, so I’m really excited. Just 6+ months to go!

Some nice bath salts, from the little girl whose nanny I am. (there’s got to be a less-clumsy way to say that!)