So, what did you get for Christmas?

I got about two feet of books…by which I mean, they take up about two feet when put on a bookshelf, and some video games, a couple of movies, a CD (Black Mages), and a Magic 8 Ball, which was put to all kinds of use yesterday morning. I gave about four hours’ worth of electrolysis to my daughter when she visited over Thanksgiving (and she was delighted to get it, too, she went back a couple of more hours on her own dime). I gave my husband one of those turntables that lets you burn your old albums onto a CD or rip them for digital use, some bath stuff (he’s been having skin problems, and he actually asked for this stuff), and some socks. Really, sock. He ASKED me to find them, he’s very picky about what he wants to wear, and it seems that only one company makes the kind that he likes. At least I was able to find him some, and I got him about two dozen pair, which made him very happy. He says he won’t have to worry about losing a couple of singles, and he won’t have to do sock laundry twice a week. He might very well have a lifetime supply of socks now.

I got a gas card.

I don’t have a car.

:rolleyes:

Oh, and some candy.

The flu.

And a Pantograph.

I told everyone that I don’t want presents anymore so just buy a gift for someone less well off and leave it under a charity tree. My sister in law loves gift buying so she still bought me my only gift, Andre Agassi’s autobiography. I have devoured it over the last 2 days. Best book I have read for quite a while. So I forgive her.

My daughter got me some socks.

My wife got me bacon jelly, bacon peanuts, bacon lollipops, and bacon soap.

I love my wife.

A renewed subscription to Fortean Yimes, the BBC version of Tinker, Tailor, soldier, Spy, a book on 1960s American cars, a box of green tea and verious foodstuffs.

My wife canceled my health insurance.

From Mom: the Beatles CD collection, US Mint Proof sets (a family tradition), dress pants, the 1930’s version of SHE on DVD, remastered by Ray Harryhausen

From my brother- $300, a 750ml absinthe set with shaker/tumbler & sugar spoon (I asked for a small “taster-size” bottle, I’ve never had it & have been curious for years & just found out it was now legal in the US), and absinthe-flavored chocolate cordials.

From a friend- a couple THERION CDs, some Self-improvement CDs, and an olive-wood carving from Israel of the Holy Family.

Pretty cool!

Mr. Askew is taking me to see* Wicked*. I’m sooooo excited.

He’s getting a new car stereo.

MY wife saw Wicked…she RAVED about it.

Gift cards for Starbucks and Trader Joe’s
scented oil burner
perfume
chocolate
drill and drill bits
pumice scrubber
big soft red robe
Star Trek 20Q game
Umbrella
Cookies
Fondue set
Crystal glasses set

I got a lovely ruby and diamond necklace (from my well-off older brother and his family), a Snuggie (pink!), a book, a popcorn maker, a bird feeder, a demotivational calendar, and a great glassware set (for my new house) and an electric wine opener (which I haven’t investigated yet so I have no clue how it works or why one would even need an electric wine opener) and a check from my dad. He’s not much of a shopper.

A bunch of cash, gift certificates to Borders and Amazon, a bottle of Grey Goose and a few bottles of wine, many chocolates, a food processor from my daughter, and a lovely bracelet from my boyfriend. Not a bad haul. :slight_smile:

A gift certificate to the quilt store for $30.
4 knitted bookmarks.
A small sewn makeup bag with lip gloss inside.
And my kids took a fabric map of the US we’ve had for some time and hemmed it for me. I don’t quite know why.:stuck_out_tongue:

I haven’t got any presents yet. The various parts of the family usually gather at my parent’s house on Christmas Eve. But two were sick and the weather was awful, so we will meet tomorrow afternoon, 12/27.

Anticipation!!!

Chocolate, whiskey, the complete Jeremy Brett Sherlock Holmes dvd set and a really spiffy necklace built around a fossilized mollusk from my husband.

Other than that, various books, pottery from a favorite local artist, wine, candles, and a Starbucks gift card from friends & family members.

:jealous:

cash, $40 of which I turned into 4 shirts/sweaters from the Gap today (yay sales)
digital photo frame from the bf - was pleasantly surprised, he even put some pics of us on a 2 gig memory card for it
Target gift card
blank CDs
new jeans
pea coat
argyle socks
very cute handmade bracelet
a couple ornaments - Snoopy, adorable polar bear, some Irish ones from a local store
scarf/gloves
warm bath robe
purse-sized bottle of Pink perfume from Victoria’s Secret
lots of random little stuff like lip gloss, nail polish, makeup brushes, and my friend always gets me stuff useful like Kleenex (have allergies), Tylenol (have headaches), protein bars, chapstick etc in a stocking

I made out like a bandit. But everyone loved the gifts I got for them as well or did a good job of faking it :slight_smile:

Bookstore gift certificates. Books. Some photography equipment and a Steelers Garden gnome.

I got to see my 3.5 year old son’s eyes light up, and hear him yell, “Awethum!” when he saw the shiny pedal car Santa left for him.