So, what's the point, Konrad?

Sweetie, I’m really glad to know that there’s at least one teenager out there who uses a thesaurus, occasionally a dictionary, and actually tries to use an expanded vocabulary. However, I’m compelled to point out that a firm grasp of the English language is not really going to do much for you as an adult unless you blend it with at least a smidgeon of common sense.

Just because you think that something should be a certain way does not mean that it is, or that it will be. You can idealize and rationalize and try to debate it all you like, but in the end, KonradWorld is a lot different than the real one. In the real world, you do have to care what some people think of you, you do have to take things with a grain of salt and move on, and sometimes you do have to admit that someone else might just be right.

I’m not sure what you were hoping for when you joined this board, from all I’ve read, the only conclusion I can come up with is that nobody in your life ever listens to you and you were hoping that someone here would be blinded by your vocabulary and proclaim you some sort of adolescent Einstein. Fact of the matter is that pretty much everyone here can see bullshit for bullshit. The only difference is that nobody here is going to nod and smile and let you go on believing that you’re the King of Modern Thought and Perfect Logic.

As I said, you’re one up on a lot of other kids your age, since you actually care about presentation (which negates your statements that you don’t care what others think of you, BTW). You just really need to work on your content.

“…all the prettiest girls live in Des Moines…”
–Jack Kerouac, On the Road

ah, but chris. he does not have to think what other people think of him. the only thing he has to worry about is how his actions are going to influence other people.
konradworld is his “point of view” and we are going to accept that, just as he is going to have to accept that we also have a “point of view”.

if his “point of view” influences other people in any way he is going to have to accept the logic those people, if presented in a logical manner of course.

pretending to be somebody he isnt, and convincing people that their “point of view” is wrong isnt the right course of action towards a two way communication.

each and every person has the right to make the most of their life as possible, but no person is allowed to make any less of someone elses life.

thus, konrad does not need to work on the contents of his language, but the priorities of life itself.

bj0rn - the number one person in the world, after everybody else.

was supposed to be like this:
if his “point of view” influences other people in any way he is going to have to accept the logic those people, if presented in a logical manner of course*, as truth.*

bj0rn

darn me…sorry!

…, present as truth.

bj0rn - this is as bad as it can get

So, what’s the point, bj0rn?

Coldfire

“You know how complex women are”

• Neil Peart, Rush (1993)

Point?

There’s a point?

This space for rent.

the point: an end or object to be achieved.

bj0rn

Tough crowd…
http://www.leisuretown.com/library/dec1697/13.jpg
http://www.leisuretown.com/library/dec1697/14.jpg

Well, I’m impressed now !

Ayesha - Lioness

There are two solutions to every problem : the wrong one, and mine
(Thomas A. Edison)

Aren’t you supposed to be in school, Junior?

>^,^<
KITTEN
Please tell your pants it’s not polite to point.

ChrisCTP: First of all I don’t use a thesaurus or a dictionary. I don’t even own either. If I don’t know the right word I’ll make one up. Why waste all that time looking things up?

Right. But this is not the real world.

Now, what’s the point? Because it’s fun. I enjoy arguing. I enjoy making fun of people that deserve it.

Seriously. I find the bigots thread hilarious. Am I the only one who sees the irony here? I’m defending bigotry using logical arguments while people are responding with name-calling and hatred.

People get all worked up because they “know” bigotry is bad, and here someone is defending it. The nerve of that guy! And they get even more angry because they can’t justify their views while I’m using logical arguments to justify mine.

I don’t know about you, but I’m amused.

Really, some people come to the pit to make fun of bjorn. What’s the point? Like beating a dead horse.

Can you give examples? What have I said that was illogical?

My mistake. I gave you more credit than I should have.

In that case, I’d like to give a shout out to my fellow cyborgs and automatrons. It’s always a pleasure interfacing with you.

That’s a matter of opinion.

So, not to put too sharp a point on it, you’re a troll. And,

no, you aren’t.

Well, first of all, we’re not on the Planet Vulcan. The world is not always logical… sometimes, things just are as they are and that’s all there is and, oddly, it’s the way it should be. Technically, you’re right. A person who hates bigots is also a bigot and “logically” that would mean that they are bigoted against themselves. Realistically, a person who hates bigots is a kind and decent person who certainly doesn’t “deserve” (your word) to have a punk-ass little kid spewing bullshit at them in some twisted effort to make him feel better about himself.

Now, I’m sure you’ve noticed that, other than the oh-so-illustrious Phaedrus, NOBODY seems to agree with your “arguments”, nor does anyone find them funny. Kid, when nobody’s laughin’, it’s time to get a new act.

“…all the prettiest girls live in Des Moines…”
–Jack Kerouac, On the Road

oh, this is fun hehehe :slight_smile:

illogical comments and statements from that one post:

ask rousseau, he will tell you :wink:

i sure as hell hope it is.

where is the logic in that? who are you to decide who deserves what?

chris has already dealt with this.

my favorite :slight_smile:

if you fail to see the lack of logic in that…

of course you wouldnt know that yourself, since you belive yourself to be a logical person. granted that perhaps you are but you seem to be forgetting that YOUR logic might not always be true.

when given a topic for debate. the argument must always be true. when it is true it becomes logical. if the argument is false it is because there is a faulty statement in the logic behind the argument. this is where logic is the truth. arguing a hypothesis(hope i got that right) isnt on the other hand based as much on logic because the truth varies by circumstances.
so basically if you are arguing logically you are telling the truth. if your logic is with bigots(i have no idea what that is and i havent read that thread, but i take your word for it anyway.)you are truthfully one yourself as chris points out. this is a logical summarization of why you are a bigot. conclusion naturally varies by counter arguments, shoot away.

bj0rn

Watch as bj0rn stands in the middle of his glass house and begins hurling rocks haphazardly.

The IQ of a group is equal to the IQ of the dumbest member divided by the number of people in the group.

Yes, I am. No, you aren’t. And you’re telling me to work on my content?

I see we have wildly differing views about reality.

That’s a pretty broad assertion there. Are you saying ALL people who hate bigots are kind and decent?

If you’ll do me the favour of actually reading the thread, my argument was not really about whether or not it’s deserved, but whether or not the people complaining about bigots are any better than the bigots themselves.

Again, you’re making these crazy assumptions. I’m not here to amuse other people, although it does happen.

And can we be serious for a second here? It’s just a tiny little request. Could you not call me kid? I mean, seriously now, what’s the point? It doesn’t insult me and it doesn’t exactly add to your argument. I’m having difficulty taking you serisouly when you’re making this obvious effort to be condescending. This is the written equivalent of puffing out your chest, and it makes you look silly.

Child, if you are here just to amuse yourself, might I suggest you masturbate in private? Some of us don’t wish to watch.

I am afraid that I need to support Konrad on this one issue. Labels such as “kid” and “child” are dismissive and mildly insulting. They carry the implication that teenagers are incapable of mature thought or intelligent discussion. While this is often the case, we have all seen exceptions. I can think of more than one teenager who posts well-considered and intrelligent comments on this board. It is true that teens must face this dismissive attitude frequently in RL, but that does not mean we cannot hold ourselves to higher standard.

So, if you must label someone, please avoid words that are insinuative and mildly insulting. Choose words that are decvlarative and blatantly insulting instead.

The best lack all conviction
The worst are full of passionate intensity.

Konrad, we DO read the entire post(s). And we DO understand the vast majority of what you attempt to say. But when you leave hippocritical, judgemental, or egotistical remarks, especially here, you are going to receive hell for it.
EXAMPLE-I enjoy making fun of people that deserve it. That is saying that you believe that you are some sort of superior being that has the infinite wisdom to judge the rest of us. Judging from the attitude you are taking toward this problem, it proves you are not. “Do not judge lest ye be judged thyself…”
EXAMPLE-First of all I don’t use a thesaurus or a dictionary. I don’t even own either. If I don’t know the right word I’ll make one up. Why waste all that time looking things up? That there says that you are either extremly cheap, and/or are too lazy to buy or use one, even an ONLINE one, and/or that you believe that everything you say is going to be accepted by everyone without question. “Ignorance isn’t bliss, it is just another way of shooting yourself in the foot.”
EXAMPLE-But this is not the real world. Actually, you are right in one sense, but the most of the people here are among the most patient and caring that I have ever met. If you cannot take their advice and listen to what they say, you will probably be known as a ‘smartass’ ‘know it all’ or just generally not liked at any sort of social situation, because if you cannot interact with people who cannot even see your face, how can you expect to get along with those you will have to see?
There are more, but it is pointless to continue. If you can’t see why I am posting this, then you truly must be blind…

*- Denotes quotes

-Wash, Rinse, Maim.

Konrad- I have read many of your so-called “arguments”. They are not arguments. They are the intellectual equivalent of throwing a firebomb through a plate glass window, in order to see the people inside scurry around in panic.

Yes, I do a little of that myself; but I usually use puns & wordgames (or HTML). I don’t dress my nonsense up as an intellectual exercise.

As far as your position on bigotry goes- it’s indefencible. Racism & bigotry **are **evil , not because I say so, but because they have been a primary source of violence & murder throughout the 20th century of the Common Era. Therefore, they are evil; by any reasonable definition of evil.

Save The Endangered Jackalope! Send Cash Now! If You Do This, I Will Use The Cash To Save Any Jackalope That I Happen To Find! Send Cash Now! Before It’s Too Late! My Bills, I Mean The Jackalope’s Bills Are Due The 15th Of The Month!
This has been a message from the Illuminated Committee To Save The Jackalope. Fnord.

Konrad, I’m sorry I called you a child.
I know many very well behaved children who know better than to act like short-tempered, ill-mannered, self-promoting, half-witted blowhards.