So where are we meeting?

It worked for me too.

They are obviously broadcasting thought control rays from the top of the damn thing :slight_smile:

Funny, my first thought was my (former) office in Florence, because I’m terrible at directions and I already know how to get there. Then, it occurred to me that it might be difficult for someone else to find it, so I picked the Eiffel Tower.

I am wondering what place would be named if the question were flipped for the non-US Dopers, and they were asked to pick a meeting location within the US. Would we see one site come up over and over?

No, you won’t. I’ll bring the Labatt’s, you bring the snacks.

In all honesty, my first choice was the Eiffel Tower, and I deliberately picked another location because I surmised that most folks would think of the ET first.

Interesting thread.

I’m at Niagara Falls with Cisco, I guess. The Canadian side, of course.

Mt. Everest was my first thought so maybe I’ll run in to QuiltGuy in another puzzle. I’ll be the one with the loaded yak.

I first thought of my college, then a train station, then Nelson’s Column. I think it has something to do with that you are meeting a stranger. You subconsciously would pick a place that is:

1. Filled with people, for protection.

2. Somewhere well known, so the stranger knows where to come.

3. Hi Opal!

People + well known = landmarks, for the most parts and I chose Nelson’s Column just because I’m originally from London.

South Pole.

Bring extra socks.

I kind of came close to the Eiffel Tower…sorta. I chose Tokyo Tower, which looks somewhat like it. Except it’s orange. Orange!!!

Hehe, I picked Eiffel Tower too…should have seen the :eek: on my face when I read the spoiler box. teehee

Funny thing, Paris seemed like the place to go for me too. But then I thought that since we’re both coming in by plane anyway, Charles De Gaulle Airport would be the place to meet up. Oh well, I guess I missed my mystery date :frowning:

My first thoughts to solve the puzzle were the same as Steelerphan. However thinking about what I would come up with living in a house full of men who are golfers and a Scot grandfather, I thought of the St Andrews Old Course and Royal and Ancient Clubhouse.

Oh failed to mention, inspite of St. Andrews name, it’s not a religious place is it? Then again I did have a grandfather that would rather golf than go to church. :smiley:

You’ll find me with wolfman and Mayfield St. Cloud at the CN Tower. Don’t know why, but Paris never entered my mind. I thought about South and Central America first, but settled on Canada as the “prime choice”.

I thought the “Answer” was either Big Ben or the Arc D’Triumph…I didnt even consider the Eiffel Tower!

Nitpick: did the question say 12:30 p.m. or 12:30 a.m., or did it not specify?

My first thought was indeed The Eiffel Tower, but then I reconsidered and picked the eternal flame at the Arc d’Triomphe.

I first thought of Supersex in Montreal.

Then I tried to think of what the “correct” answer would probably be and came up with the Eiffel tower. It just seems like the most obvious place when you think “foreign”.

I place the blame for this on Superman II. Or was it III?

I honestly can’t remember, but if it did specify, I would assume it was p.m., as that’s the way I’ve always thought of it.

It’s definitely neat that it works at least a decent amount of the time even here on the board… And the one main trend I’ve noticed is, most of you have chosen really tall places. I imagine there’s something in that, but what it is, I couldn’t say.

I’ll be waiting by the little itsy bitsy Mannequin Pis statue/fountain in Brussels. Why go to the Eiffel Tower where there are way too many people milling about over way to large of an area that must be searched!?

I’ll be waiting by the tiny “Mannequin Pis” statue/fountain in Brussels. Why go to the Eiffel Tower which has lots and lots of people milling about over a fairly large area, when you can easily designate an exact spot?!

I’ll be waiting by the tiny “Mannequin Pis” statue/fountain in Brussels. Why go to the Eiffel Tower which has lots and lots of people milling about over a fairly large area, when you can easily designate an exact spot?!

I thought Hachiko Square, 'cause I know that’s where Sublight will be (and maybe scr4, 'cause I think we met there once, too).