So who else is getting married soon?

1. When’s the date? - Sept 28, 2008
  2. Church/registry office/other? - Local Aquarium
  3. Reception? - same, in the main tank room
  4. Big or small? - 75 – which is that?
  5. What have you got sorted yet? - almost everything except the officiant gulp
  6. Honeymoon? - We’re waiting to Honeymoon until my winter break at school, but we’re considering Costa Rica at the moment
  7. What are you most excited about? - rehearsal dinner – clambake on the beach!

Thanks, Jennyrosity - I made the bridesmaid dresses, and the Superhero made the cake toppers out of polymer clay. He and the groomsmen wore his family tartan (Gordon) and it was his idea to wear the Chucks. Heh.

Can you tell I’m still excited to talk about it? :smiley:

1. When’s the date? Sunday, July 13

2. Church/registry office/other? At the golf course the reception is at

3. Reception? Yup, with an open bar!

4. Big or small? About 120 people

5. What have you got sorted yet? Everything but the live music

6. Honeymoon? Probably not. We’re both teachers, so we’ll do the honeymoon thing on one of our school breaks a little later.

7. What are you most excited about? Making the bond between us official! I love my fiancee with all everything I have; I can’t wait to say “I do” to her.

I saw that wedding on LJ recently. Lots of fun details; it looked like it was a great party! The invite comic book was a really neat touch. I love seeing stuff that doesn’t look like every other wedding out there; sometimes LJ’s wedding communities can make you feel like you’re the biggest outcast ever for not wanting a giant poofy veil on your $30,000 cupcake dress in a giant historic church.

I’m down to a year and a half left of what feels like The Longest Engagement Ever[sup]TM[/sup]. We haven’t put down a deposit on anything, but we will be doing so in August for our ceremony/reception site. My parents have been pretty supportive, and all this time (since October 2006) my dad’s been putting away money for the expenses that we’re going to incur. It’s still going to be an interesting situation if the household income doesn’t improve drastically soon; Acid Lamp and I intended on contributing 1/3 of the budget for this, and right now, we’re not able to put any extra money away. Even without that bit of the budget, we can have something fun that’ll make us happy; I just know it.

Congratulations to everyone who’s getting married soon. I don’t know if it’s appropriate for me to answer the questions, as we’re not even in the “getting the ball rolling” phase of planning, other than me more or less knowing what I want and waiting to put deposits on stuff.

1. When’s the date? June 28th

2. Church/registry office/other? Church

3. Reception? Local banquet hall

4. Big or small? Pretty big. A couple hundred people

5. What have you got sorted yet? It’s mostly set. We still have to order flowers

6. Honeymoon? We haven’t decided yet

7. What are you most excited about? Officially declaring my love in front of all my family and friends!

I’m getting married a week on Thursday.

1. When’s the date? April 24th, and 25th.

2. Church/registry office/other? Registry office

3. Reception? At a hotel

4. Big or small? Small wedding, Then bigger reception. About 100 people.

5. What have you got sorted yet? I’m pretty much set to go.

6. Honeymoon? Canary Islands

7. What are you most excited about? The honeymoon. The wedding is more for his benefit then mine. I was quite happy just to elope.

Wow, if I ever get married, I am TOTALLY getting married at the zoo now. That’s the greatest idea ever.

Congratulations to all!

1. When’s the date? April 25th. 24th April will be a long day of partying, from around 4 p.m. till waay past midnight, for family and friends.

2. Church/registry office/other? Traditional Hindu ceremony

3. Reception? Wedding ceremony will roll on into the reception, at the same venue.

4. Big or small? Wedding, maybe 200. Reception after, close to 500. Far too many, if you ask me.

5. What have you got sorted yet? I’m good to go now.

6. Honeymoon? Italy and Austria

7. What are you most excited about? The honeymoon.

May 10th i think. I told the Missus to give me a nudge on the relevant morning and remind me :wink:

Anglican Ceremony here, but with a Catholic priest involved as well (ours is a “mixed marriage” :smiley: ).

About 125 people in a nearby restaurant.

Bigger than we expected: “30% of people will RSVP ‘No’” is a fucking lie.

Still sorting entertainment but pretty much everything else is done bar details.

Two weeks in Turkey split between Istanbul and a gorgeous small hotel on the mediterranean right next door to the ruins of Ephesus

The bit where she agrees to “obey” :wink:

Um, yeah, good luck with that. :smiley:

1. When’s the date? May 18th. It’s hard to focus on work already.

2. Church/registry office/other? Ceremony at reception site, by a Unitarian minister. An Irish and a pagan blessing added.

3. Reception? At a catering place.

4. Big or small? Around 60 people, I didn’t think we knew that many people. Haven’t gotten all of the response cards back yet.

5. What have you got sorted yet? Most of the planning is done. Vendors are set up. Just bought a wedding ring for me (tri color gold) and a suit for him (like pulling teeth - ‘Can’t I just wear reg pants and jacket.’
    No.

6. Honeymoon? Can’t afford it, and don’t have the vacation time to take.

7. What are you most excited about? Getting the family together. It’s most odd to be the center of attention. Never thought I’d be having a mostly traditional wedding.

1. When’s the date? May 17

2. Church/registry office/other? Church

3. Reception? Local club

4. Big or small? Fairly small, probably around 80. Still receiving RSVP’s.

5. What have you got sorted yet? Pretty much everything except transportation and where we’re taking photos

6. Honeymoon? Jackson Hole, Wyoming

7. What are you most excited about? Seeing my family, showing off my beautiful dress and going back to my home state of WY for the honeymoon!

I just got married in November. Geez… it’s almost 6 months now, I can’t believe it’s been that long. Here are my stats!

1. When’s the date? November 3rd, 2007

2. Church/registry office/other? Other, at a gorgeous country club in Hingham MA

3. Reception? the country club. The ceremony was in their “grille room” with huge glass windows and a big fireplace, and the reception was in the adjoining function hall. The place was absolutely stunning.

4. Big or small? large, for my taste! We had 94 guests. I guess that’s medium sized.

5. What have you got sorted yet? I need to still make a photo album of all my digital shots and get the dress preserved.

6. Honeymoon? we spend a week at Disney World staying at the Animal Kingdom lodge. My new husband woke me up the first morning by pointing out a giraffe outside the window. Sweet!

7. What are you most excited about? At the time, I was nervous as all hell, just wanted to get the anxiety-inducing ceremony and first dance over with so I could relax. Then, during my sister’s maid of honor toast, I exploded with stress crying. It was silly.

Pics are here: Jen & Mike Wedding | Flickr

Darling, is that you? :smiley:

I want to play, too. :smiley:

1. When’s the date? October 22, 2006

2. Church/registry office/other? On the beach with a notary.

3. Reception? Dinner at a Japanese steakhouse.

4. Big or small? Small: me, him, notary & photographer. People on the beach & hotel balconies that clapped and cheered when we kissed. Awww. :slight_smile:

5. What have you got sorted yet? P/C/W

6. Honeymoon? We had to go back to work.

7. What are you most excited about? Spending my life with someone who is fun, loving and willing to indulge my sometimes crazy requests.

Our beach wedding

1. When’s the date? 08/30/08.
2. Church/registry office/other? Other (a non-working farm that has an event area).
3. Reception? Yes! That’s the best part. At the same location.
4. Big or small? Big-ish (150 or so).
5. What have you got sorted yet? Everything but the cake and the booze).
6. Honeymoon? A short local trip after, and big trip 6 months to a year later (tentatively Spain, Portugal, and Morocco).
7. What are you most excited about? Tax benefits for married people! Kidding, seeing a bunch of friends and family and having a fun time.

Congrats, all. Does a heart good to see people still jumping off that cliff…

Here’s one more lemming for you, then.

1. When’s the date?
    April 26th, less than 2 weeks away.

2. Church/registry office/other?
    My home Episcopal Church. I’ve surrendered to the inevitable and realized the ceremony will be as Anglican as you can get.

3. Reception?
    The reception will be at a hotel a few miles from the church. They take care of most of the arrangements for us, including the cake and a free room for the gentleman and me. Doing this means that our guests can just wander off to their rooms after the reception.

4. Big or small?
    Anthing which involves another country is not small. That said, we’re only having about 60 people, including some of my English relatives.

5. What have you got sorted yet?
    Everything’s pretty much done. I have a final fitting for my dress today, and I’ll be getting my hair dyed before the fitting (I’ve picked up a bit of gray over the years). We still need to set a time for the rehearsal and I’m tinkering with programs, but that’s all we have left to do with one exception.

6. Honeymoon?
    That’s the exception. We don’t know where or when we’re going yet.

7. What are you most excited about?
    Seeing his face when I walk down the aisle to him. Seeing our friends and families will be great, and we are looking for “a celebration to end all celebrations” but the best and most important thing is becoming his wife. Does that sound old-fashioned enough for an unabashed feminist? :wink:

What’s surprised me is how much I’ve enjoyed this process. I even got a kick out of buying the Wedding Bra and Wedding Shoes. :Shakes head at own foolishness: I lost my job a few weeks ago, which was not what I’d planned, but it does give me some time for focussing on the last minute stuff, including figuring out transportation arrangements.

Congratulations to everyone in this thread, both past and present. May your lives be filled with joy and may you never lose the joy you find in each other.

Hahaha… I’m pretty sure not, since my girl is in Bombay, not Manchester. Though if you ask me in another 16 months, IF I get admitted to Manchester Business School, she’ll be there!

Unless you prefer no religion at all, I’m puzzled as to why this would be a problem! Compared to virtually every non-Anglican wedding I’ve been to, mine was short and sweet. The priest wasn’t particularly hurried, but she didn’t dawdle, either. I think the whole ceremony was 22 minutes, start to finish.