So who else is getting married soon?

The difference is, jumping off a cliff is easy.

Oo oo oo

I get two - the ‘legals’ here in the US where I work and the blessing at home in the UK so here goes:

Wedding Number 1 - Vegas Baby!

1. This Saturday April 19th

2. Little White Wedding Chapel - No Elvis

3. Nope just the 2 of us eating a nice dinner and doing some gambling

4. This one is teeny tiney see point 3

5. All done - Mr ems-to-be tried on his suit last night, my very simple dress is back frm the cleaners, hotel arranged. All we need is the license which is Friday afternoon

6. One night in Vegas then back to work on Monday

7. Being married. It feels right
    Wedding Number 2 - Evening English Garden

8. Friday August 15th

9. Here We have full use of the garden after hours and the fountains and lights will be on

10. We are doing the blessing at aroun 16.30 then moving to cocktails and stuff during photos and then dinner.

11. 60-70 people

12. Invitations ordered, guys suits done, service arranged, venue arranged, photoprapher arranged. Everything else - Nope. Starting to get worried but trying to do this from California is a challenge. My Dad who is retired is turning into a marvellous wedding planner :smiley:

13. Couple of nights in London while I renew my US work visa

14. This one is gonna be a party!

It’s not a problem; it just amuses me. You see, the gentleman I’m marrying is Armenian by heritage, and I offered to incorporate Armenian elements into the ceremony. I emigrated to the US from England when I was a girl. Instead of getting a nice Anglo-American-Armenian blend, I’ve wound up with something as English as toad-in-the-hole and Eccles cakes! So much for assimiliation! :wink:

Actually I am but I cant at the moment because of Meteorological reasons.

Hell has’nt frozen over yet which is why I still have my shirt.

But not my money.

Not me (quite the opposite, in fact) but one of my sisters, a couple of days ago. Am posting the details here because I didn’t think it warranted its own thread.

1. Friday, April 18.
  2. Country club.
  3. Country club; sit-down dinner followed by dancing.
  4. Pretty big, since our family is pretty big and so is BIL’s family.
  5. It’s all over and done, down to the opening of the wedding gifts, done by sis and BIL yesterday afternoon.
  6. They just left for Cancun earlier today.
  7. I can’t ask them that right now, seeing as they’re not even in the same country as I am at the moment. The coolest part about it, to me, is that they were finally able to get married after being together for 6 years. She has a daughter, who will be living with them, and he has a son, who lives with his mom. I know they will make it work, and wish them lots of happiness; they deserve it.

Is there a particular reason you’ve come in here to piss over a happy little thread full of almost-weds or newly-weds, or are you just extraordinarily bitter as well as unable to punctuate?

Me too! I hadn’t thought about the 08/08/08 thing though - that would have been cool.

1. Church/registry office/other?
    A big 19th-century country-house hotel in Hampshire.

2. Reception?
    Same place.

3. Big or small?
    About 80 guests plus maybe another 30 in the evening

4. What have you got sorted yet?
    Most things… the band, the photographer, the catering (menu not finalised yet). She’s ordered her dress, I still have to get my outfit sorted, and we haven’t ordered a cake. Oh and the stag weekend still needs arranging. :slight_smile:

5. Honeymoon?
    Mexico and New York.

6. What are you most excited about?
    Seeing my bride in all her finery, having a big party - and not having to do any more planning!

Damn my sense of humour,I’ll never ever be irrerverent about any topic ever again becauseii just KNOW how sensitive and easily upset us Dopers are.

Or not as the case may be.

Damn my common sense, I’ll never ever be able to fail to be humorous about any topic ever again because i just KNOW when the tone of a thread would make it go down like a lead balloon.

Or not as the case may be.

Oh dear I do rather seem to be getting the impression that I’ve hurt a happy couples feelings here,even if your post IS a little inarticulate, making comprehension a little difficult for those of us who have English as their first language.

Please allow me to apologise profusly in person Saturday…or not as the case may be. :wink:

Didn’t offend me, squire, but its perfectly obvious why it might be offensive.

Its your opinion, you’re entitled to it and if this thread had been entitled “What do you think about marriage?” (or similar) then that comment may even have been funny, but in this thread it was never going to do anything other than annoy someone.

Now that may well have been your intention, but i like to think the best of people until they’ve given me an excuse not to.

So with that in mind i was assuming that it wasn’t malicious, and was just trying to gently point out to you that it might be worth remembering that comedy, like many things in life, is all about

timing

[Modding]That’s enough, thanks. You might’ve thought you were being funny instead of rude, but it obviously isn’t working, so cut it out. They didn’t post in your toilet. Don’t crap in their wedding thread.[/Modding]

garius, please tell me you did that on purpose.

Ok back to excited to be wed folk.

I just had my first fitting for my wedding dress and no alterations are needed!

Not a single one.

So right now the dress is hanging in my closet and the only thing keeping me from wearing it every day is that I need someone to lace up the back of it :stuck_out_tongue:

Comedy gem there, Garius, ta.

Exciting wedding things - well, last weekend was a bit traumatic, I had to sack a bridesmaid (long story), however have replaced her with two more (another long story, suffice to say Crusoe’s started to think I’m forming my own army), and we’re off down to Devon this weekend, me for a hair and make up trial and to check my incommunicado florist hasn’t actually left the country, they to do hen do things.

Oh, and my friend who’s designing my wedding jewellery came round and dropped it all off last night - it’s sooooooo beautiful!

I have images of you walking into church rocking the painted pasta-twirls on a string combo now.

Only two weeks to go for us. :eek:

1. When’s the date?

Sometime in the distant future; when we’ve both graduated, got jobs, and have our school debt paid off.

2. Church/registry office/other?

Church, my fathers. Not because of any affiliation with it, however.

3. Reception?

We’ll figure out something.

4. Big or small?

SMALL. The fewer the better, might go with just immediate family. Do something to get friends together at another time.

5. What have you got sorted yet?

The girl.

6. Honeymoon?

We’re biking across Canada next summer. That was suppose to be the Honeymoon. When we do actually get married she wants Paris and I want Africa. Maybe Cambodia?

7. What are you most excited about?

Getting the bike across Canada.

How did you know??!

Don’t tell Crusoe, I want it to be a surprise!

Actually I hope that I’m man enough to admit when I’m in the wrong and I was definitely in the wrong this time and compounded it by being snarky when Jennirosity and Garius
told me so.

I genuinnlly WAS making a misguided attempt at humour and I honestly didn’t intend or expect to spoil others enjoyment of the thread.

I apologise unreservedly and I hope everyones special day is brilliant.

And to be honest I have actually contemplated getting married again recently.